How to upload a receipt

13»

Comments

• MariaARMariaAR Member Posts: 1

There is no receipt tab on the left side of my screen.

• KT_123KT_123 Member Posts: 1

Hi,

Anyone know why before there's a receipts function that I can review all receipts that I've recorded on the app to post it to account. But for some reason, the receipts tab is now gone. I cannot review the receipts on PC, but I can still do it on the app.. any have the same issue?

• oceansize55oceansize55 Member Posts: 1

Hi. Prior to the recent changes I was able to upload a receipt and WAVE would automatically detect the important information - receipt amount and vendor. Now, I don't see how to allow WAVE to gather the information. I only see uploading a receipt after a transaction is created and WAVE doesn't seem to be gathering the information.

• michdjmichdj Member Posts: 3

Fabulous way to screw your customers! Now the onus is on US to do all the data entry! Instead of knowing what receipts I had uploaded via the "upload a receipt" page, now I'm going to have to go back to using paper receipts instead of paperless and manually tracking my transactions. Thanks, WAVE! You suck!

• Nigel_ParryNigel_Parry Member Posts: 2

A while ago Wave tried to kill off OCR of receipts in the mobile App, but a huge backlash from customers and they caved. Now Wave seems to finally have their wish - killing off OCR of receipts - by far the most useful function in the entire suite.
    Alienating a vast swathe of users.
    Way to go wave :-(

• Marco_Fabbrini_CPAMarco_Fabbrini_CPA Member Posts: 2

Hi, I'm really bummed you took away the automatic receipt detection function where I could just upload a receipt and you Wave would detect the date, price, & vendor. Then in a few clicks I could merge it with the matching transaction. Looks like I'll be looking for a different accounting software. I don't have time to separately match each receipt by date with my bank transactions. Marco Fabbrini, CPA

• MoonerMooner Member Posts: 2

I'm trying to do this via my mobile device. However, the files are apparently too large. Really too bad that you cancelled the app. It was SOOO much better than this work-around

• JEfromCanadaJEfromCanada Member Posts: 10

Reading through these comments, apparently there was a way to automatically scan receipts before. While a good feature, since I never used it, I won't miss it.

HOWEVER, I do wish to know if there is a limit to the storage I am allocated for receipt uploads, and whether it is easy to download receipts from a central location, rather than having to locate the individual transactions.

• sum1sum1 Member Posts: 1

This is more cumbersome. The old method of uploading receipts was much better. Unfortunately, when an accounting firm buys a beautiful app that normal humans can easily operate, they remove the human part from the formula.

• SchlauFuchsSchlauFuchs Member Posts: 14

@Marco_Fabbrini_CPA said:
    Hi, I'm really bummed you took away the automatic receipt detection function where I could just upload a receipt and you Wave would detect the date, price, & vendor. Then in a few clicks I could merge it with the matching transaction. Looks like I'll be looking for a different accounting software. I don't have time to separately match each receipt by date with my bank transactions. Marco Fabbrini, CPA

tell me when you found something.

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @KT_123 and @oceansize55, please check out this post which explains the changes to the Receipts workflow here.

Hey @Mooner, could you let me know the exact size of these files that you're trying to upload which are returning as too large? I can pass this information on to our Receipts team who are evaluating the possibility of increasing the upload size limits.

For the time being however, please re-size your receipt images and then attempt the upload again.

• NateNate Member Posts: 3

If you're running a 1 person business, the old receipt upload with OCR that would auto-populate the vendor, items and price fields was HUGE factor in using this service. Dumping it now means hours of additional work on my 1 day off manually entering this data. Very, very poor decision that now how me rethinking using wave at all. Who benefits from removing this key feature, because it isn't your customers?

• user93user93 Member Posts: 2

Please go back to the old receipt scanner! It's torture using your service now. You are catering to small businesses and now I need to spend HOURS going through a 7-step manual process to upload my receipts.

I use Wave Payroll and you're going to lose a paying customer because of this horrible decision your team made. This is what happens when the customer service team, marketing team, and product teams do not communicate.

• PatGPatG Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

Wait hold up. So the app on mobile no longer works to upload receipts? That's why I've been staring at it saying manual review for 20 minutes? C'mon why?

• LauraMLauraM Member Posts: 3

What is the benefit of this app if i have now more work than just entering into excel?

• LauraMLauraM Member Posts: 3

Does anyone know where to migrate please?