Understanding the recurring invoice scheduler

2»

Comments

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @JeffD ,

It's not possible to print or send the recurring invoice itself, as this acts as a template from which the scheduled individual invoices are created from, rather than being the invoice which is actually sent out.

What I would recommend is to create a copy of the previous invoice from this schedule, which was sent out, and print this copy. You can then delete this invoice, and wait for the recurring invoice to automatically create the scheduled invoice for you :smile:

To clarify, if you have automatic payments set up, you won't be able to switch to manual sending, as automatic payments are taken as soon as the invoice is sent.

Let me know if I've misunderstood anything here!

• SproutLocalSproutLocal Member Posts: 3

Does a re-occuring payment that's set up for credit card payments get an automatic receipt sent out too?

• KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @SproutLocal , if you choose Automatic Payments for a recurring invoice, your customer will be automatically billed, and receive a receipt of payment with a link to the relevant invoice each time.

• SproutLocalSproutLocal Member Posts: 3

Yes, I understand this BUT, when I have more than 1 business set up (and more than one business email) the default email is what is sending out the recurring invoice. EX: My main business has many recurring payments set up. Second, smaller business does not. But, if the settings are such where the smaller business is the "default" email, my main business invoices are sent out with wrong email.

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @SproutLocal, as it turns out, the primary email address of the Wave account is always the default email used to send invoices.

If there are times where you would like to use a different email address, you can change it on the recurring invoice itself! To do so, head to Sales > Recurring Invoices, and click Edit in the Send section. Here you can enter which email address you would like all future invoices of this recurring invoice to be sent from :smile: