Notice: Ongoing report maintenance

CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Reports in Wave are currently undergoing maintenance. Some users may notice that Reports, Reconciliation, and their Dashboard are not displaying all data. Our team is working to ensure the 2% of users impacted by this maintenance are back to normal as soon as possible. This notice will disappear once maintenance is complete.

If your post has been merged into this discussion it's because you've cited issues that seem to be related to this maintenance. Thanks for your patience. We'll get this resolved as soon as possible and follow up with you here.

If you're pretty sure you are experiencing something else for example, if this sounds like an unrelated bug or issue, or if this is a year-end accounting question, please tag our team and we'll address your question as a separate matter.

Thank you!

Comments

• come2tobagocome2tobago Member Posts: 2

MY BAR CHART ON DASHBOARD IS DISPLAYING 10 X AS MUCH EXPENSES AS ANY OTHER MONTH BUT THESE EXPENSES ARE NOT REFLECTED IN INCOME STATEMENT. CLEARLY ITS AN END OF YEAR ACCRUAL OF SOME SORT BUT CANT FIGURE IT OUT.

• psp_379psp_379 Member Posts: 4

On generating a number of reports including the Trial Balance, and P&L reports, I notice that the income accounts do not include all income transactions. The invoices for those transactions all use the same setup for Products & Services where the service is linked to the respective account on the chart of accounts. When I click on the link from either of those reports to show the transaction details, all the transactions appear on the list as expected. So why aren't they (the transactions) reflected on the TB and P&L reports? Help!

• RobhempyRobhempy Member Posts: 1

When i click on my reports to show my profit/loss, my operating expenses seem to be at zero... Which is obviously impossible since there plenty in the transactions section. Have they changed something on the new version or is there a setting I haven't selected?

It seems like this is a bug but just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

edited January 6, 2019
  • candacecandace Member Posts: 1

When I run a report of my trial balance for 2018 all my accounts do not match the account balances at the end of 2018 if I go into the account transactions view and view my account transactions and balance they are the correct value, but my trial balance isn't.

• auditorywaveauditorywave Member Posts: 1

I do not have a solution, but wanted to say that I am having the exact same issue.

Also opening balance sheet accounts for new calender year (starting Jan 1, 2019) do not agree with prior year's ending figures (December 31, 2018)

Bigger concern at the moment though, is as you say, the TB and P&L reports are not reflecting all of the transnational data that is in fact recorded in the G/L, in my case, it appears that roughly 3 months worth of data is being omitted in the financial reports

• VAGOZVAGOZ Member Posts: 2

Do you fix it?
    I have the same problem,
    I had one week and I can't fix

• GrendonBnBGrendonBnB Member Posts: 1

I'm having the same issue but have done a lot of analysis today to find out where my issue seems to be.
    Although individual account balances are correct when drilling down to the account level they are not pulling through to the TB, B/S or P&L in reporting. I seem to be missing all data on the reports entered after (approx.) 7 Dec 18. (For me it's not just income accounts but B/S and Exps accounts too) Funnily enough when exporting the TB there is an old and new version which, when run, actually has a tab description of data migration at 7 Dec 18 yet the report is meant to be as at 6 Jan 19???! Has Wave made some important change at this date? All was ok in reporting on Friday but yesterday it all changed. I've had to recreate my 17/18 TB manually as the UK reporting deadline is approaching and I'm worried this won't be corrected in time.
    Wave - please help sort out this issue...….

• MarilizeMarilize Member Posts: 6

Hi Guys

I need some help here...I am busy with year end and today I seemed to have lost the ability to classify transactions to categories and all my year's monthly recons got wiped.

1) Is this a general problem, or did the user (that's me!) mess it up?
    2) Is there any way to recover from it?

Regards
    Marilize

• gra8fulgra8ful Member Posts: 4

Same problem. I cannot assign categories to uncategorized items. And sporadically can reassign. I've shut down, tried other browsers nothing works. I'm using Wave exactly as I have before the upgrade. HELP?!?!?

Geez - glad to know I'm not the only one!! My Bank Totals and also out of sync to my Transactions page - according to that, I lost a couple of 100k's

Could it be something that has fundamentally changed in the journal transactions?

• RobhempyRobhempy Member Posts: 1

This was a bug that's been fixed so anyone else having this issue, it should be sorted in the next day or so...

• candacecandace Member Posts: 1

No, not fixed yet. Very strange.

• JudeJude Member Posts: 10

I am having a similar problem but in my case some of my accounts that were balanced as at 31st Dec are no longer balanced as at today. When i run account reconciliation report, the closing balances matches my bank closing balance but wave still throws up a difference which is surprising. Please help!

• VAGOZVAGOZ Member Posts: 2

After I do the reconciliation in almost the whole year, today I try to finish November of last year,
    and my reconciliations from July till November, the balance is changed
    and I was here at the office from 6 am to 5 pm trying fixed BUT I give up!
    I have to deleted all the months to redo all the entries again!
    but at the wave balance I can't delete the amount and is all wrong,
    for the past few months I think this is a perfect program, but now I feel frustrated,.
    I need help, someone here can't help?
    Thank You and have a nice day.

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi everyone, thank you for reaching out. I've merged your discussions together because I believe these to be related issues. We'll continue to address any questions or follow-ups around this here to ensure everyone gets updated. I'm going to run a fix on our end, and I'll check back with you to make sure everything is in order. Note that this may take a little bit of time to take effect. No action is required on your part.

@Marilize the category issue you refer to is separate, and a fix was released by our team earlier this evening. You should now be able to categorize your transactions.

• psp_379psp_379 Member Posts: 4

Hi Charolette,

I note your comment about this taking a bit of time to resolve, but can you indicate a likely timeline by when this will be fixed?

Thanks @Charlotte - I see that is resolved now.

My Main remaining issue is now that my balances are all haywire. Even with no transactions in prior years, my accounts are starting with negative balances.

Given the fact that I am due to submit financial year end to auditors this week, I have been trying to see if I could adjust transactions to balance better, but it will take days to correct.

Is this part of what you guys are working on? What is your recommendation on a fix to adjust expectations to auditors? (i.e. delay my submission to them by a week?)

• BtimarBtimar Member Posts: 3

I am having the same problem to where why P&L Reports are not reporting a significant amount of transaction for 2018 and 2017. For example P&L for December 2017 says Zero Transactions but I have verified all transactions are entered under the transactions for Dec 2017 but they are transferring to the P&L. 2018 is not transferring months of transactions to the P&L but are individually logged under transactions and I verified....Advise on a fix and I have submitted a bug report with pdf's attached for examples....

Same on my side. I also submitted screenshots and a bug call. Its very frustrating that a major release is released to LIVE during many companies' year end, with little or no prior communication.

My day job is in IT, so I have to ask - how was this unit tested and UAT'ed prior to release?

• BtimarBtimar Member Posts: 3

Spot On....Hopefully this gets resolved ASAP as time is a constraint on this. There is dates that I have to file and without the numbers I am lost at sea....

Another question as an IT person - is there no way that the release can we rolled back?

The values are starting to look better. Thanks for this.
    Do we have the "ALL CLEAR" to start working on it again, or should we wait for your go ahead?

• JomzJomz Member Posts: 10

I have been investigating a discrepancy in balances for one of my business's accounts, and have noticed that beginning balances for 2019 were not being forwarded correctly.

If I place the period from 2018-2019 the balances are correctly displayed. but if I create a report for the current year, there is a discrepancy.

I am not sure if this pertains only to me or if others are also experiencing it...

I was initially worried that I have misposted or have made an erroneous transaction somewhere.

It could be a calculation issue that handles the beginning balances. Thank you.

• barrytbarryt Member Posts: 31

I am also having problems with account balances.
    If I run the account balance report, it shows incorrect balance, but when I click on the account and the details are shown, the correct balance is reported. Other reports have incorrect balances. Suspect it's a year end thing. oh dear.

• susanporter1959susanporter1959 Member Posts: 1

I have a difference in reconciliation even though the balance on wave matches that on my statement Any suggestions

• kmartinkmartin Member Posts: 10

I have been using wave for the first year of my business. All was going OK, until i went to tidy things up from the year and noticed on the graph that all my expenses for July, Aug, Sept, and Oct were missing. Also all of my income from December 2018 and January 2019 are missing. So i ran a report on January 1 - today and sure enough, it shows only 200 in income. It should show a little over 1000 for the week. So now my concern is that my numbers for 2018 are off. My bills are still recorded, my invoices and payments are all there, but its not showing them in my reports. Is it something I've done? Or is it just a bug that wave needs to figure out.

• kmartinkmartin Member Posts: 10

I double checked, October shows 0 expenses, however under bills I have over 2k in bills. If i run a report on October only, it does not include any expenses.

• Bidner1Bidner1 Member Posts: 1

Same here! All my numbers for Q4 are off. I emailed them and they responded that they ran an update on their accounting system that may be causing discrepancies in reports, dashboards and reconciliations! They claim everything should be accurate now but it's not for me. Very frustrating.

• HannawardrobeHannawardrobe Member Posts: 1

Have you found the solution? My account also same issue. All income and expense for November 2018 are not recorded in reports and not reflect in actual account balance.

This discussion has been closed.