Payments (Credit Cards)

Comments

• digdanlerdigdanler Member Posts: 11

@AlexL great. That is what I had in mind and am glad I wasn't missing something. Thank you very much.

• hgrimberghgrimberg Member Posts: 9

How can I cancel Payments on my Wave account? I need to change the address of my LLC to a country that is not the US and Wave says I can't because I am already using Payments.

• QaisEQaisE Member Posts: 72 admin

Hi @hgrimberg, I see that you have already reached out to our support team regarding this request here. Were we able to help you resolve this? Because such a request requires an exchange of some personal information, it is better to submit a ticket via email or chat if you still need to work this out with us. Hope that helps!

• vineguitarsvineguitars Member Posts: 1

Good morning. I have set up payments to a personal deposit account and it's working. Recently we established a business checking account that I need to use instead. How to I change the account payments are going to?

thanks.

edited April 29, 2020
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @vineguitars

If you'd like to update your payout account you can change it under Settings > Payouts and edit your bank credentials here!

Hopefully this helps :smile:

• GmoneyGmoney Member Posts: 2

Can credit card payment confirmation email be sent to more than one email address?

• Sabrina_fsSabrina_fs Member Posts: 1

I need help verifying my identity for payments but the support team hasn't got back to me for a week

Hey there @Gmoney

Unfortunately the email for payment confirmation will only be sent to the primary email on your account. You can see which email that is by heading to your business name at the top left > Manage your profile > Emails and connected accounts!

Hey there @Sabrina_fs

Thanks for reaching out in our community, I see that your business is now active and able to accept payments! Let me know if you have any other questions about your Wave payments account and we'd be happy to answer!

• CDX_Creative1CDX_Creative1 Member Posts: 1

Hi, I got to step 6. Wave did not ask me for step 7-8 Can someone help me please?

Hey there @CDX_Creative1

I see that one of our support heroes was able to help you with your payments account and you are now active!

Let us know if you have any other questions with regards to processing your payments moving forward or chat in with our agents :smile:

• RonWRonW Member Posts: 2

Does anyone know what this transaction is and why it occurred:
    CREDIT External Deposit - WAVE SV9T 271 - MEMO=External Deposit - WAVE SV9T 2716440798642 -

• StephanKStephanK Member Posts: 12

In your credit card fee list you have USA and Canada only. Is that the location of the Wave user or the location of the customer trying to pay by credit card?

I have a customer from South Africa who wants to pay with his company credit card.

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@StephanK Currently, Wave Payments only supports US and Canadian payments. This means that if you are invoicing a customer in another part of the world, they will see the US or Canadian price on the invoice, and when they click to pay online, they will be paying the US/Canadian price but are able to pay in another currency. This is an action that their bank will facilitate and they may incur a banking fee if this is the case. On your end, you will see the Canadian or US amount deposited and will not be charged an additional fee by Wave.

@JordanD Ahh, so it is not Canada & USA as it says on your website, but CAN and USD.
    That works for me.
    Can I enable credit card payments for some customers only? I have some that I can not allow paying by credit card.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @StephanK , thanks for getting back! You can definitely enable payments for only certain customers. You can enable payments for all invoices in Settings > Payments, and then on the specific customers you don't want to be able to pay by credit card, you can head to Sales > Invoices and toggle Payments to OFF at the top of the invoice editing screen. This OFF will apply to that invoice only.

Perfect, Thanks!

• NosideNoside Member Posts: 2

My account have had this for over a week now. Can someone email me or help with what I need to verify?

We need to talk.
    Looks like we're having difficulty verifying a few things.

You should have received an email from our Account Management Team. The fastest way to resolve this is to respond to that email directly with all of the requested information at your earliest convenience.

If you have not yet received an email from our Account Management Team, please reach out to our Wave Support Team here.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Noside! Thanks for reaching out here. I can see that you've sent in a ticket today, and will make sure that my teams address this as soon as they can. This matter is best addressed in a manner where we can make sure your information is discussed safely and securely, which is why that ticket will be the best place to continue this discussion.

• NosideNoside Member Posts: 2

@ConnorM The ticket today was my 3rd ticket. I've sent in a ticket on June 9 and second ticket on June 10. Till now, I've have heard nothing from your teams.

• Bo_DingleberryBo_Dingleberry Member Posts: 1

What is the minimum allowed wave payments amount? Thx

Hey there @Noside

I see that our accounts management team has reached out to last Tuesday with the status of your account. You can respond to this email if you require further information from them.

Hi @Bo_Dingleberry

The minimum depends on a few things when you sign up for Wave Payments. Typically when you connect your bank account our team has a better understanding of what the payment processing will look like. The average is about 500k to 1 million for credit card transfers about 25k to 50k for ACH bank transfers.

• AbdonBC20AbdonBC20 Member Posts: 1

I am a Jamaica citizen but I attend school in Texas. I do not have a SSN because I'm not an American Citizen, nor do I work in America but I do have a Wells Fargo bank account. How do I connect my bank account without a scoial security number?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @AbdonBC20! Unfortunately, if you do not have this information, then you would not be able to sign up for Wave Payments. I'm sorry for the inconvenience here!

• MorkHMorkH Member Posts: 1

If I have two separate businesses from which to send invoices but want payments to go into a single bank account, should I create separate Wave accounts for each business and manually add my banking info? Or should I create a new business under my existing Wave account? If adding a new business under my existing Wave account would this mean I only need to add my banking information once?

Hey there @MorkH

You can have one login with multiple businesses if you like. Each one can have a different payments account with different business banking information or the same bank if you like. If you do have the same bank account where all your transactions from both business go into one bank, when you connect your account for importing transactions, you'll have transactions from both businesses importing into your one unfortunately. So you will need to manually account for only one business' imported transactions. We typically recommend opening a new bank for each business for best practice.

You will need to onboard your payments application for each business and wait for approval from our accounts management team.

Hope this answers your questions!

• AcuDocAcuDoc Member Posts: 2

I have a very small (acupuncture) business--
    Until this crazy Covid situation, I was processing client payments in person after services using the CardPointe/CardConnect app on my iPhone (by swiping or entering credit card info), and then clients sign the transaction with their finger on my touch-screen.
    Of course these days I'm trying to minimize in-person interactions by invoicing clients for each service using Wave (so payments for treatments happen outside of the office either before or after services)... In the meantime, I'm continuing to pay for a CardPointe/CardConnect merchant services account that I'm currently not using. It's not much, but times are rough and I'm really trying to cut costs where ever I can. I'm not sure if I want to cancel the service because maybe (?) at some point in the future I might resume processing cc payments in-person again.
    In the meantime, I noticed "Checkouts" (marked BETA) on my Wave sidebar, and I'm wondering if maybe that could be used for in-person payments?

• Jewel_w2wJewel_w2w Member Posts: 6

Can't complete "finish payout setup." Page 3 accepts the information. Will not save and advance. Message todaystated had 9 days to complete tranaction or funds will be returned. Client rec'd service, invoiced and paid via cc two weeks ago.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @AcuDoc , thanks for your message! Checkouts are definitely a great option for in-person payments; you can keep the Checkout link up on your device and simply enter the customer's card info/they enter it themselves and you'll be paid via Wave Payments! Our usual transaction fees apply to this:

• Credit card payments process for 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction
    • ACH bank payments for 1% per transaction

Hi @Jewel_w2w , I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting set up with Payments. I see that you also submitted a Support ticket about this, where a dedicated agent is working with you. Hopefully this is able to be resolved very soon.

• LebronLebron Member Posts: 1

Hi. My account doesn't have the Payment section under Sales. I manage to get into the Payment section through the icons on the home but when I click "Turn on Payments" nothing happens, a loading animation shows over the button and nothing shows up. Any help will be appreciated.

• alir1alir1 Member Posts: 1

I wasn't asked to upload gov ID. but all seemed to process properly and payments were activated and I've been able to accept payments. Is this correct? I am hoping to avoid an issue. Thanks.