Payments (Credit Cards)

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Lebron

My sincere apologies about being the bearer of bad news, however Puerto Rico is not on our list of territories that allows payment processing at this time in wave :disappointed:

Hi @alir1

Looks like your account is active and accepting payments. If you provide enough information or your SSN/email passes a series of identity verification processes, it's likely that you might not need to upload your ID. Let us know if you're having any other issues with your payments account :smiley:

• StevePavStevePav Member Posts: 1

Hi. There is no Sales > Payment option for us in New Zealand either, even though your front page shows the fees at "2.9% + NZ$0.30". When will this be available?

Hey there @StevePav

Do you see Sales > Credit card payments? If not I see that your email is an admin on the account but not the account owner. This may need to be done from the account owner's end. Try logging in using the original account owner email and look for Sales > Credit card payments to onboard using Stripe! Hope this helps but please reach out if you are still having troubles!

• ParametricParametric Member Posts: 1

Hi, I accidently had payments enabled for an invoice. The customer has canceled the bank payment but Wave still shows the payment and wants me to link to a bank account. It says "Make sure to complete your setup in the next 16 days so your money can be deposited into your account."
    If I don't finish setup will it eventually realize I didn't get the payment? It's currently messing with my bookkeeping

Hey there @Parametric

In order to write off this invoice you'll want to follow the steps in THIS ARTICLE.

Although the article mentions creating a "bad debt" account, you can simply call it a "refund" account or something similar if you liked!

• AMerritt1127AMerritt1127 Member Posts: 1

Our company Jericho Staffing clients should not have the ability to pay the invoices thru your company. One of our clients paid it thru an email sent thru ADP RUN wave. We need to know where that money went. I have emailed your company and yet have I had anyone contact me about this matter. I would love if someone would contact our company.

• LadyStormLadyStorm Member Posts: 4

Well apparently you are asking for some additional verification, but there appears to be no way to contact support to find out what is required? So what now?

• TaneyRobTaneyRob Member Posts: 1

You are asking for some additional verification and I have completed all steps for setup. Your bots don't help me and I'm still waiting to hear back via email. How long does this process take??

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @LadyStorm , I see that one of our agents was in touch with you this morning to let you know that your account has been verified and that you're good to accept payments moving forward!

Hi @TaneyRob , I've looked up your ticket and flagged it for the team so that someone can get back to you asap. You should be expecting a response by end of day!

• LadyStormLadyStorm Member Posts: 4

The payments are now set up and I have created some checkouts. Magnificient. I really need EFT and I can't test because we are RBC users and the connection appears to still be broken. We will give RBC another week and then consider moving to another bank. Our launch date is December 1st. 

IT Solution Design, Architecture and Project ManagementLinda Storm | c.403-200-1775

• CabizCabiz Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

We operate a Car Rental Business in Kenya, is it possible to receive payments via Wave as well? If so, what do we need to do?

Please respond to us via our registered email info@cabiz.co.ke

Thank you
  • Jess_DanielleJess_Danielle Member Posts: 1
    Bots not working and it says more verification needed. How do I get in touch with someone?
  • JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @cabiz! I'm afraid that payment processing through Wave is not supported in Kenya at this time. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello @Jess_Danielle ! After doing some digging, it looks like your bot interaction was submitted to us as a ticket. I have since notified our team about your case. They will follow-up with you via email as soon as possible. Keep an eye on your email inbox. :smile:

• JJCJJC Member Posts: 1

Does Wave supports debit/credit payments with HSA or FSA?

• JeanHJeanH Member Posts: 1

We received payments from our clients on 5 and 7 November and have yet to see any money appear in our bank account

• VirtualWorkerVirtualWorker Member Posts: 1

My client is trying to pay me via ACH, however she is saying that the system is not accepting her account and thinks it may be because she is paying from her business account instead of personal. Can you confirm that clients can pay utilizing their business bank accounts? Thanks!

Hey there @JJC ! Great question. Some HSA's and FSA's can be accepted via Wave (assuming they are still a valid VISA/MASTERCARD/DISCOVER/AMEX card) but this really happens on a case by case basis. If a customers HSA or FSA isn't being accepted, they will need to try another payment method.

Hello @JeanH ! I can see that Stripe is your payment processor. Stripe will transfer funds to your bank account based on the schedule listed in your Dashboard. For example, “Daily — 7 day rolling basis” would mean that charges processed on the 1st would be grouped together and deposited in your account on the 8th of the month. For more information on getting paid, check out their website here: https://stripe.com/docs/transfers.

On your Sales > Credit Card Payments page, you can view your Stripe Dashboard. Here you can then navigate to your Transfer and Payments tabs to view information related to pending payments, including when you can expect these payments to be transferred to your bank account.

If you are still experiencing problems with processing your payment fully and receiving your deposit, I would recommend reaching out to Stripe directly at support@stripe.com. Unfortunately, we here at Wave are not privy to a lot of the information surrounding your payments with Stripe, since we do not handle your money directly. That being the case, I would recommend reaching out to Stripe so that they can provide you with the information you need and get that payment to you as soon as possible.

Hey @VirtualWorker ! Your customers can use their business bank accounts to make invoice payments. If they are experiencing issues, I would have them confirm the credentials they entered to make sure no mistakes or typos were made. If the issue persists, please feel free to send us an e-mail at anytime to have a support agent assist you directly.

• PaulBPaulB Member Posts: 1

Hi there, my credit card payments worked fine for years now until this Stripe thing and now I have received a payment from a client via credit card and no money in my account for a month. I checked with Stripe and nothing, I also written to your help desk team multiple times and no answer can you please let me know what's going on? I can't run my business knowing that I am losing money somewhere and I dont get any support!

• MissYanouMissYanou Member Posts: 2

I am trying to finalize my Payments setup but it is stuck at Verification with a message saying you have sent me an email for more information. I have NEVER received any emails.

• Mohammadhassam_Mohammadhassam_ Member Posts: 9

Hello there,
    I am using Chase as my bank account. Recently I made a few sales but I can't see the transaction listed to Wave but that's amount won't transfer to my Bank account. Is there any issue or something?

Hey @PaulB , I see that Abbey from our Support team responded to your ticket on Friday. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach back out so she can address them. Thanks!

Hi @MissYanou , I see you've submitted tickets to the team. I've flagged them and someone should be reaching out tyou by end of day to get this solved. We do prefer troubleshooting these types of issues over tickets as they can become more complex and require the sharing of personal information. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Hi @Mohammadhassam_ , I see that you Chantalle from our Support team was able to help you with this. If you have any further questions, let her know!

• DufordCPADufordCPA Member Posts: 2

Are we able to limit the type of payment accepted to be bank transfer only? This is for Canada.

Thanks.

Hey there @DufordCPA !

You sure can. To do this, head over to Settings > Payments. Here you can enable/disable the payment methods of your choosing. If you wan't to keep both enabled now or in the future, you can choose your preferred payment method as well. I attached a screenshot below for reference:

edited November 27, 2020
  • DawnaDawna Member Posts: 1

Thanks.

Have another question. An invoice was set up and a credit card charged successfully. It was later discovered that the customer paid cash for the invoice. How do I back out the cc payment?

Thanks!

• av8rdetailcleaningav8rdetailcleaning Member Posts: 1

Question about instant payouts in USA. Seems to be a daily limit allowed for instant payouts to be processed to my bank card on file. What is the daily limit per day? Is the limit your policy or my bank card?

Hey @Dawna !

It sounds like a refund is your best bet here. If you'd like to issue a refund for the invoice paid via Wave, you can do so by head over to Sales > Payments in the left navigation menu. We have a great guide you can follow as well. Check it out here: How to issue a refund in Wave

Hello @av8rdetailcleaning !

That's correct. Each business in Wave has a specific daily Instant Payout limit. This limit is determined by your account activity and is subject to change. Your 24 hour daily limit is currently $1,500.00.

I hope this helps!

edited December 7, 2020
  • KellyeKellye Member Posts: 11

Hello, Wave! I have 2 questions regarding the BANK PAYMENT FEE.

1) Is it an option to have Wave send a check rather make the transfer? Is there a fee for that?
    2) Does the 1% transfer fee apply if we were to set up CC payments in Stripe through Wave (we're in the U.S.)?

Thank you!

• ashesofgraceashesofgrace Member Posts: 3

I have been using this for some time and enjoy the ease of this feature. I noticed on a separate post that Stripe is not available after 6/30/21. Is this feature affected by this or is this feature (accepting online payments) not completed with Stripe? Basically, will my online payment feature when I email an invoice still remain available next year after July 1, 2021?

Hey @Kellye , I'll answer your questions in order.
    1. We don't send checks for payouts, we'll only deposit it directly into your bank account.
    2. If you're located in the US you can't integrate with Stripe as we use our own payment processing platform. You would be able to process with Stripe outside of Wave and add your payment details to your Wave invoices so your customers can access them, but it wouldn't integrate directly through the invoice itself.

Hi @ashesofgrace , because we have our own in house payment processing (which isn't linked to Stripe) and it looks like you're located in the US which means you use our processing, the changes to Stripe will not affect Wave Payments.

edited January 5, 2021
  • SLSSLS Member Posts: 2

I selected ACH only for my online payments. Why does the checkout link only allow credit card payments?
    Also, how can I set up the link so that the payer enters the amount to be paid (I offer services, not a product, so every invoice amount is different)?