2»

Comments

• SvPSvP Member Posts: 5

Hi AlexL,
    Thank you for the very useful link.
    I am sorry I didn't find it by myself.
    All my balances are now set up.

• Alex010101Alex010101 Member Posts: 2

I am looking to transfer from Xero to Wave. Is there any guidance besides this post?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Alex010101

When it comes to making the switch from Quickbooks to Wave you have the option to upload transactional data from your Transactions page directly. You can learn about that process here. There is also the option to upload the transactions through Google sheets using WAVE CONNECT.
    Wave Connect allows you to upload or download transactional data, invoices, customer lists, etc, into a Google spreadsheet. Your excel files can be easily transferred into a Google Spreadsheet as well. See this image below of what Wave Connect looks like:
    image All you need to do is input the transactional information into a template that is generated through the add-on feature in Google sheets and it auto-populates right into your Wave account once you've validated the data.

There are other actions that you may want to take to get things all set up in Wave. This would include things such as re-creating any outstanding invoices/bills, confirming balances, etc.

Should you have any other questions about using Wave, please don’t hesitate to check out our Help Center. It’s full of helpful FAQs and other articles. We suggest searching by keywords as opposed to phrases.

• Alex010101Alex010101 Member Posts: 2

Seriously!? A switch from Quickbooks? I asked about switching from Xero! So I'm assuming you don't have an answer for me Barsin.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Alex010101 , because this process is not specific on the accounting platform that you're coming from, the setup above also applies to Xero! Check it out.

• PennypiePennypie Member Posts: 2

I have a current backup of my QB, but am locked out of the program. Can I use my QB backup to start Wave?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Pennypie !

I'm afraid that I am unaware of what the Quickbooks backup contains. I suggest regaining access to your Quickbooks account if possible to make sure you have all the necessary information to switch successfully.

• PennypiePennypie Member Posts: 2

Yeah, I had to buy the new QB so I could switch over. In the process of doing year end stuff now... for a clean switch in the new year.

• CalculusOfTalentCalculusOfTalent Member Posts: 1

What!? There's no Import / Export capability ..!!???

• KhaledKhaled Member Posts: 5

as you have decided to focus to the us and canada customers you should develop a guide of migration of information to the other platform such as quick books to provide the customers who are out of your scope with an added value so they can always come back to you if you have either expended your scope or they moved to the regions that you are supporting in the future. The other way around would be an added value

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Khaled , we'll be providing a guide on how to export your data coming in the near future. Also so you're aware, we won't be deleting or limiting the data of any of our pre-existing users even if they are located outside of Canada and the US so you can continue to use your Wave account.

• IzwebusrIzwebusr Member Posts: 12

There is no way to upload multiple transactions from QB to Wave. Switching with only starting balances destroys historical information, which is critical.

• Kevin_MKevin_M Member Posts: 1

As others have mentioned, without a way to import my existing QBO data limits the viability of switching to Wave. In fact, I find it a deal breaker and will not be switching. Time to renew the search...

• p6zedp6zed Member Posts: 1

Well, I guess I'm not switching to Wave if I can't import from QBO... this website should just have a big warning label on the front that says "no data import"