Invoicing: draft vs. save

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageInvoicing: draft vs. save

When you are creating an invoice you will see two options at the top and bottom of the page: Preview and Save.
Clicking Preview will show you what your customer will see, even though you haven't ac...

Read the full story here

edited January 17, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• Humayun123Humayun123 Member Posts: 1

very good site

• Patriciamia1943Patriciamia1943 Member Posts: 1

IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE IT IN FRENCH
    prefer in french

• MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

Hi @Patriciamia1943 , welcome to the Wave community! I'm afraid that there is no French language option in Wave at this time. With that being said though, if you go to Settings > Invoice Customization, you are able to edit the titles of the columns on your invoices. By selecting the "Other" option, you can enter custom column titles in French. On a similar note, you are also input French into any of the customizable text fields on an invoice (i.e. notes, footer, title, subheading).

edited July 29, 2019
  • JBFixerUpperJBFixerUpper Member Posts: 1

It would be a great advantage to be able to attach documents and/or pictures to the invoice for the client.

• ChiDulyChiDuly Member Posts: 2

My online payments are switched to on, but no online payment option will appear on my created invoice. What do i do?

• MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

@JBFixerUpper , when sending out an invoice, you can choose to send through the Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo tab. This will give you the option to send the invoice through your account in one of those three mail clients. By doing so, you can add any necessary attachments before sending the invoice to your customer.

@ChiDuly , is this currency in the business currency of your Wave business? With the online payment option turned on, for the online payment option to appear on the client's end, the invoice in Wave must be in your business currency.

• rozamzrozamz Member Posts: 1

Could I schedule an invoice to be sent out on another date?

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@rozamz What you could do is create a recurring invoice, set the date you would like the invoice to start sending and then just set the schedule to have the invoice end the day after! That way, an invoice would be created and scheduled to send out on a specific date but it doesn't need to continue sending after that (unless setting up a recurring invoice is actually what you'd like to do!).

I'm afraid you aren't able to schedule a regular invoice to send on another date. While you certainly can create an invoice on any date, save it as a draft and actually send it on a different date, you wouldn't be able to schedule that to happen automatically for regular invoices.

• andrew_wall80andrew_wall80 Member Posts: 1

I am not able to approve a draft invoice. I continue to receive an error message. I am unable to record any payments or continue on in the invoicing process. I submitted a help request 2 days ago and still have no response. This is holding up our business operations.

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@andrew_wall80 Sorry to hear you're having issues with this. I took a look for your support ticket but I'm wondering if you reached out with a different email address? Can you DM me with the email address associated with your current Wave account so I can take a look at your Support request?

In the meantime, this sounds like it could be a browser issue getting in the way of you saving a draft of your invoice. Try clearing your cache and cookies to see if that changes how the software behaves. Are you getting a specific error message when you go to save your invoice? If so, what does it say?

What is your workflow for recording a payment? Are you going to Sales > Invoices > Record a Payment? Or are you trying to mark an invoice as paid from the Accounting > Transactions page?

Looking forward to more details so we can get this resolved!

• MAYBQ8MAYBQ8 Member Posts: 3

Iam an Arab Speaker in an Arabic Country and somehow when I save my invoice with our currency (KWD) it is automatically converted to Arabic and IT IS WRONG, the way its written is wrong its the opposite way. So Please fix this its the only bug thats stopping me from sharing my invoices with my clients. OR SIMPLY just let me save my invoice in English and not Arabic Currency

Where can I communicate such issues ?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @MAYBQ8, thanks for reaching out here! I'm afraid this is a known issue that currently exists. Since Wave has been developed to be used worldwide, there are a small number of currencies that do not reflect correctly on invoices as they do not adapt to the invoice settings. At this stage, our team do not have a fix coming in the near future for this. If you wanted to created and send invoices in a different currency, you could change the currency of the invoice per invoice, or open a new business in Wave in a different currency. I understand this is not an ideal situation, so I'm sorry this does effect you.

Hiiii, sorry but your apology won’t help. You know I have to sometimes download PDF and convert it to be able to edit my own PDF and change the currency.

If your team isn’t ready to fix a very very obvious and Unaccepted mistake, can you atleast not give us the option where the currency is translated to arabic (WRONG ARABIC) and simply make it in ENGLISH - as in KWD or KD But not the way it’s written it’s exactly as if I’m an arab trying to type USD and I type DSU !!! How would you feel sending and invoice to someone asking for fee of 500 DSU !! It sounds like a disease or anything but a currency.

Can you pleaseeeeeeee do something.

I can’t be the only arab using your beautiful services ^_^ im sure others are gonna be proud of you!

Thanks
    Because everything else is amazing. And I do refer you to every entrepreneur I know out here. But This is a cute and funny disaster at the same time!
  • TRFTRF Member Posts: 1

Is there a way to convert a Draft Invoice (that hasn't been approved by client) into an Estimate?

• FrenchyBookkeeperFrenchyBookkeeper Member Posts: 1

Hi there,
    What are you supposed to do when you receive this message for one invoice and the other have been approved?
    Oops! There was an issue with approving your draft. Please try again.
    Very weird. And it is annoying.
    Regards,

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @TRF , can you give me your use case as to why you want to start with an invoice and move to an estimate?

Hi @FrenchyBookkeeper . How many products are on your invoice? Can you try creating the exact same invoice again to see if it approves?

• schoonie_7schoonie_7 Member Posts: 1

How do I invoice for 50% Down, Payment?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @schoonie_7! In order to have a down payment organized in Wave, I'd actually recommend using two separate invoices, one for the up-front deposit and the second for the rest of that amount. That's going to keep things nice and simple and accounted for!

• Deviem_Deviem_ Member Posts: 2

my invoice is showing up as a receipt!!!! What the heck??? I've done it over 3 times and still a receipts at top of page.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Deviem_

This is definitely an odd one as we've not seen anything like this before. Is this happening with every invoice you create under Sales > Invoices ? Could you kindly show us some screenshots of the receipt that is being generated? As well as the transaction details panel. More info about this transaction will be super helpful in diagnosing the issue.

• ILPILP Member Posts: 8

Is there any way to convert an approved invoice back to draft? We are required to leave a paper invoice at our customer's houses, so we print invoices in the morning, but sometimes we don't get to all of them on the day we had planned. If we forget that the old invoice exists & create a new one on the day we actually do their service, that duplication can cause problems later. But it would be nice to not to have to delete the first invoice & re-create it later. (I know it's only a few minutes, so it's not a huge deal, but would be nice if we didn't have to.) So if there was an option to just convert it back to draft, that would be ideal.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @ILP, unfortunately there is no current way to revert an approved invoice to a draft within Wave. I'm sorry for the inconvenience here, Your context is really great to have, and we'd love if you could continue to share your thoughts on the features you'd like to see improved in Wave!

• TZIRTZIR Member Posts: 1

When I press "approve draft" I get a message that there was an issue with approving the draft. I tried to recreate it 3 times and I'm getting the same message! I've created invoices in the past and did not have this issue. I'd appreciate your help.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @TZIR! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having when approving a draft invoice. Are you able to try some initial troubleshooting steps to see if it helps to resolve the issue? Try using Wave with browser extensions disabled. If you have Chrome, try opening up an incognito window, logging into your Wave account, and loading the Estimates page again (or if you have Firefox, open a private browsing window). If that doesn't work, try clearing your cache and cookies. You can read more about the browsers we support, and how to troubleshoot issues for your individual browser by clicking here. If you are still having problems or if you have any other questions, let us know!

• DFFDFF Member Posts: 2

Is there some way to get a packing slip from an invoice I made? Where it does not show prices, just the items being sent.

• Kristian_GKristian_G Member Posts: 56 admin

Hey @DFF!

That's a good question! I'm afraid there isn't a built in function for generating packing slips for your invoices in Wave. Having said that, what you could do is print a copy of the receipt, and then cut out the items portion without the prices to attach to your packages. Alternatively you could obscure the prices too.

I realize that that's a little bit janky but, it would at least allow you to attach a packing slip to your packages with the items listed in the same formatting as the invoice, along with your logo.

• GmoneyGmoney Member Posts: 2

Does Wave have the capability of attaching a document to an invoice when sending?

• Tec_CamTec_Cam Member Posts: 1

hi , i used to use the program ( invoice 2 go ) before i chance to wave and the only thing that i miss is that i was able to send invoice through text messages , i have few customers that they use to pay the invoice through text messages , at soon the get the text they can see the total amount and they can select pay and then they can put the card information and get it paid , it was very convenience that , i hope wave also get that way to send invoices.
    Thank you Wave Team for you services.

• dejayajay_49dejayajay_49 Member Posts: 2

Wave is amazing! Thank you to all the team at Wave. Only just started using this last week, for our small building and Body Corp business , and this is way beyond good! Looking forward to learning all that this can do for us. Again, thank you.