Invoicing: draft vs. save

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Gmoney! Thanks for reaching out. When sending an invoice through Wave there currently isn't the ability to attach extra documents. However, if you choose to send with 'Gmail, Outlook or Yahoo' when sending the invoice will attach to an email so you can add any other documents you need and then send.

Hi @Tec_Cam! Thanks for your feedback! While this feature is not on the immediate road map, hopefully it is something we can look into doing in the future :)

Hey @dejayajay_49! We're so happy to hear you are enjoying Wave!! :)

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Tec_Cam

Have you tried creating a link for your invoice and sending the link as a text message?

I know that a lot of our users have done this in the past :smile:

Hey @dejayajay_49

Thanks so much for reaching out to our community about this :smile:
    We love working for a company that can give out free accounting services to small business owners who need it. Reach out if you have any questions :smiley:

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Gmoney , Wave does not currently have this functionality available, but you can always send your invoice through your own email and attach your documents that way as well.

• teabagteabag Member Posts: 3

Is there a way of marking a Wave invoice as UNSENT from DRAFT on the Wave Invoicing Android app?
    I am relying on this to automate a process in Zapier whereby once an invoice is approved for a purchase order, but not sent, the order is sent through to our warehouse using the invoice data.
    Another option is to actually send the Wave invoice, which can be done using the app, but I do not think my wholesale customers would appreciate being invoiced before the order actually arrives at their doorstep.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @teabag , thanks for your message! I'm afraid this function doesn't exist in the mobile Invoice app at this time. Thank you for sharing how this feature idea would directly impact your business & customers - that is super helpful for us as we aggregate feature ideas into product data. As a workaround, you could use the web app for this rather than mobile, where you can approve a draft and then click 'Skip Sending'. It will appear as Unsent at that point. Thanks again for raising this idea to us here!

• BearsyBearsy Member Posts: 1
    Hi helpful however I am clicking the edit pencil and it just sits spinning circle? I can’t seem to edit
  • CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @Bearsy , welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear you're encountering some loading issues here. As a first step in troubleshooting, would you be able to open an Incognito Chrome browser window, log into Wave there, and try again? I suggest this because Incognito has no cache, cookies, or extensions that may be blocking the connection.

• paul_777paul_777 Member Posts: 1

Hello Wave, please may you help me with printing my invoice. The invoice seems to print over two pages. I can't find out where the error is. Thank you.

Hey there @paul_77

At this time Wave does print two pages on a single page invoice. If you're looking to print one page, I would recommend just changing your print settings to print pages 1 of 2 instead of 2 of 2. Hope this workaround helps you.

• LittleDoveLittleDove Member Posts: 4

There needs to be a way to PAUSE an active invoice or save as Draft. We had a customer disappear, so we don't want to keep sending his invoices, but we have many other active invoices.

Hey @LittleDove , just to file your feedback appropriately, you're referring to recurring invoices which are in the midst of sending, yeah? If not, can you explain further what you mean?

• zhenzhen Member Posts: 4

I can't approve the draft invoice. "Oops! There was an issue with approving your draft. Please try again." And, it didn't tell me why.

Hey there @zhen

Often times this can be caused because of issues with the info you've typed on your invoice. Some characters (#@!-{}) may cause your invoice to not save. Could you kindly verify that your invoice does not have any of these characters?

@Barsin there were some characters in the item line, I removed them, still not working. then i deleted the customer and all items, recreated everything without any Characters, still not able to approve the invoice draft. please help! thanks.

Hi @zhen , what happens if you delete half of the items on the invoice, is it able to save? I'd advise checking this because often if there are too many line items with a high quantity on the invoice it can have issues saving.

If this is the case and it does save, you will have to split the invoice into two to make it function accordingly.

edited October 21, 2020

Hi @AlexL , thanks for the reply. i were saving an invoice with only one detail line, still not able to approve. please advise.

Hi @AlexL @Barsin , I found the solution. It worked on mobile app, the invoice sent and saved. still not working on my desktop, it could be something to do with the browser.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @zhen ! I'm happy to hear that it worked for you on the invoicing app. As you mentioned, this is most likely a browser issue if the problem persists on your desktop. We have a great Help Center article that can help you troubleshoot your browser here.

• Paola_2927Paola_2927 Member Posts: 1

It has been great to use Wave, I am very satisfied with your services. Thank you

• imalvesimalves Member Posts: 2

Hi - How do I revert an Invoice back to Draft status, or even to Written Off status (not deleting it)? Thanks!

Hey @imalves !

I'm afraid that there is no functionality like this in Wave. What you can do though, is duplicate the invoice in question which would make a new invoice in a "draft" state.

If you'd like to write off an invoice, feel free to check out the Help Center article below for a great guide:

• JabberwockyJabberwocky Member Posts: 1

Can I add an attachment to an invoice?

Hey @Jabberwocky , at the moment attachments on invoices are not possible. To do this as a workaround, you can export your invoice as a PDF and attach both this and whatever else you're looking to send through a regular email.

• CatRuss777CatRuss777 Member Posts: 1

Thank you!

• DarcyDoodleDarcyDoodle Member Posts: 2

I do not understand this line of your instructions: "'Mark as Sent' to change the status to 'SENT' without actually emailing the invoice"

• KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @DarcyDoodle , in the Send section of the invoice details you are able to "Send invoice..." or "Mark as Sent". If you choose to "Send Invoice.." you will be able to send the invoice to your customer's email address. This will change the status of the invoice to "Sent". If you choose to "Mark as Sent", this will still change the status of the invoice to "Sent", but you will not have actually sent the invoice to the customer.

• mysmmysm Member Posts: 1

I always send a copy of the invoice sent, to my email also to see how it is received by my customers.
    My challenge is I always receive two pages, the top page, then the invoice. How do I edit out the first page, not Professional at all.

Hey @mysm !

I'm not sure if I'm familiar with the top page you are referring to. Do you mind sending me a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end? Just a heads up, there is no way to customize the presentation of your invoices outside of the available options listed under Settings > Invoice Customization in the left navigation menu.

• stjstj Member Posts: 2

is there a way to change status to unsent? this would be helpful

• LindsayGLindsayG Member Posts: 1
    I do not see a way to "Export invoice as PDF" through the app

The"help" section all seems to be for the website and not the app so it doesn't answer my question on how to do it through the app