How often should my transactions update?

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow often should my transactions update?

Your bank connection will update transactions nightly (every 24 hours). However, depending on your bank, there may be a slightly longer wait time.

Your banking integration should update transacti...

Read the full story here

edited January 18, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• supakdeesupakdee Member Posts: 14

I find that my bank accounts were never updated. I always need to click on each of them manually. So far, there are three different accounts.
    I would hope that Wave can make one button to refresh all with one click.

• necamashnecamash Member Posts: 1

Is there a way to change the frequency of the bank connection sync to once a week?

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@supakdee I've sent a manual ping to our data provider to see if this kick starts the auto refresh/import into your account every 24 hours - with that said, if you notice that it does not update within 24 hours, you will simply just need to update it on the dashboard in Wave.

@necamash Right now, there isn't a way to adjust the frequency of the bank connection in Wave (for importing) it will automatically import every 24 hours.

> @JamieD said:
    > @supakdee I've sent a manual ping to our data provider to see if this kick starts the auto refresh/import into your account every 24 hours - with that said, if you notice that it does not update within 24 hours, you will simply just need to update it on the dashboard in Wave

This is awesome. I will leave it more than 24 hrs and will check if it’s automatically refreshed. Thanks a lot.

@JamieD said:
    @supakdee I've sent a manual ping to our data provider to see if this kick starts the auto refresh/import into your account every 24 hours - with that said, if you notice that it does not update within 24 hours, you will simply just need to update it on the dashboard in Wave.

Hi @JamieD,
    I tried to monitor my account after you made the modification. Unfortunately, it would not update within 24 hours (I left more than 48 hours a couple times).
    Would be nice if automatic refresh can work in the future.

• maxbshawmaxbshaw Member Posts: 1

I am surprised Wave has not introduced a quicker frequency to update bank transactions yet. It is quite irritating having to manually refresh when it has been over 48 hours. Why can't Wave just push out an automatic force refresh every 12 hours or so?

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@maxbshaw, I hear you on this one, it would be really nice if we could force that! Since we depend upon our data aggregator for pinging these refresh requests, we put in the Update Now option as an override so that you can refresh whenever you want, rather than relying solely on the update times between your bank and our data provider.

• meckjumeckju Member Posts: 1

The wait 24 hours only pertains to the "newer" version of Wave. For those of us on multiple versions of Wave - we know the older aggregator would update immediately with a "forced" update. If you have the newer version without the update button, navigate to Banking> Connected Accounts and toggle the switch off and then back on. Set the date to when you need the transactions to come in from (if you do it from as far back as possible you could get duplicates). Should update within 30 minutes or so. Not as convenient, but better than waiting 24 hours. With the new aggregator, you guys at Wave should put in a update button as well as please put back bank balances on the dashboard.

edited May 14, 2019
  • AvaAva Member Posts: 2

I want to be able to update my bank account transactions more than the WAVE automated once every 24 hours. Is there a way to manually do this (as in the older version) without getting duplicates?

edited December 23, 2019
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Ava . Each bank connection works differently and pulls in transactions at a different frequency based on the integration with the corresponding bank. There's no way to tell the bank to pull in transactions more or less frequently for that reason.

Can I ask what the reason is for wanting to have transactions pulled in more than once a day?

Thank you Alex. Sometimes I log into WAVE in the morning and in the evening to update my account. As transactions process through the bank during the day I would like to be able to work on them in WAVE.

Got it, @Ava , thanks for the info. I'm afraid my answer above still stands though.

edited December 26, 2019
  • QTLQTL Member Posts: 3

@AlexL Your very unsatisfactory response would be understandable If Wave is saving money by eliminating live feed from bank accounts, switching to the current ridiculous wait times (in my case 72 hours in between updates). But then why not provide an option for customers to pay something reasonable for faster updates? Wouldn't that make more sense to keep the customers happy and make some more money?

• StephPorterStephPorter Member Posts: 9

I find this quite annoying as well. I switched over to Wave from Quickbooks. Quickbooks would allow manual updates based on needs. So far, it's been 3 days since my accounts updated in Wave. It slows down my work because I can't reconcile or do anything until the account is up to date.

Why doesn't Wave have a manual update feature?

@QTL the core of our program is free software, and having our customers pay for a feature which we believe should be free doesn't align with what our beliefs are. We will be working on adding an update button to your bank connection at no cost so that you can update it between automatic updates, but the solution just isn't available yet.

@QTL @StephPorter I do understand your frustration around having to wait so long - it certainly isn't ideal - but we are hoping that we can fix this at some point in the future.

My account has not been updated from the bank in 5 days. When I look at the bank connections it no longer says "last updated __ hours ago"
    any suggestions?

Hi @Ava . Please submit a support ticket directly to the team so they can take a further look at what's going on here. Thanks!

• Deepblue626Deepblue626 Member Posts: 5

I'm facing the same problem here. the information from Bank and credit card company take very long time to pull and sometimes it is showing that it has being updated but the transactions aren't there. Please let me know how long will you guys fix this error or there is the norm from now?

• trsherlocktrsherlock Member Posts: 1

Recently I have lost my Bank Accounts & Balance Info from my dashboard.. Is this a part of the recent changes ?

• BruceMBruceM Member Posts: 5

Yesterday, I reactivated bank connections. Since 4am today, it appears that Wave is importing transactions from the accounts hourly, as I get text alerts when the accounts are accessed, and Wave has to be the one doing it. Is this a glitch in the system or can I specify how often I get imports?

• YvesYves Member Posts: 2

My Desjardins business banking account is no longer supported? Desjardins used to work fine.

• DarenDaren Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

The new bank connection system appears to be a real step backwards from the previous one. It has been three days now since it last updated. With the old one there was an update now button. Having an auto update system that you have no idea when it will decide to update is impossible to use for business accounting purposes.

Wave is a great program that I have found to work very well. However this new bank connection provider does not appear to hold itself to the same professional level as Wave.

Update- The bank connection updated. YAY!

One question however is with this new auto update system is how often can it be expected that the system will run an auto update?

• britannicbritannic Member Posts: 22

@Daren said:
    The new bank connection system appears to be a real step backwards from the previous one. It has been three days now since it last updated. With the old one there was an update now button. Having an auto update system that you have no idea when it will decide to update is impossible to use for business accounting purposes.

I agree, mine has stopped updating around 6 days ago. I toggled import on/off/on and nothing happened. Have to manually enter transactions for the time being. We really need a way to force a sync.

edited January 25, 2020
  • BoxofplasticBoxofplastic Member Posts: 1

Daren, I agree. My bank hasn't updated in 2 weeks and I can't see any way to update it. I'm a new user and would expect an "update now" button like they apparently used to have. Lame.

• Phil_LanPhil_Lan Member Posts: 1

Transactions not imported fir a week. Tried to reactivate the connections but still the same. Wrote an email to support but no response. Now I have to manually input. Very frustrated.

• MoonerMooner Member Posts: 2

Really disappointed with the update. Seems like it is a step backwards.
    It has been a week since my transaction imported from RBC accounts. I agree with below, this is now very frustrating!

• CanisCustomsCanisCustoms Member Posts: 4

Also a new Wave user here. Tried the posted fix suggestions and still can not get my bank accounts to update or import any transactions. Hopefully this gets resolved in a new update.

What are the posted fix suggestions you mention? (I am now waiting for it to again update, currently 18-hrs and counting)

This new bank connection provider is terrible. Gotta give kudos to their sales team however. Whoever it was that was able to convince Wave to switch over to their bank connection system when it is this bad must be one hell of a snake oil salesman.

edited January 29, 2020
  • CanisCustomsCanisCustoms Member Posts: 4

When I searched over the forums, all I found for "fixes" was the unlink the accounts multiple times and constantly try to re-link them. I also tried going through my banks' link (RBC) but that didn't work either. Older fixes were as simple as...hit refresh.
    So I guess we patiently wait for Wave to sort this out. uhg.

This discussion has been closed.