How to send an invoice

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to send an invoice

There are two ways to send an invoice in Wave. You can also send Wave invoices directly from your email account. 
Send from the invoice list

When you are logged in to your Wave account, click Sale...

Read the full story here

edited January 26, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• KLDJKLDJ Member Posts: 5

How do I send identical invoices to multiple customers? If I'm billing 20 customers the same amount, how do i do that other than one at a time?

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

@KLDJ at the moment you do need to send out the invoices one at a time, but it's a good suggestion. So I can pass a little more information onto our Product Team, did you have any input on how you'd like to see something like this function? I think it might make sense to be able to draft invoices into a to-be-sent bucket for instance, from which you could possibly select all and send, but further insight into your workflow and how you'd like to see something like this work would be awesome.

• KLDJKLDJ Member Posts: 5

Thanks so much! If you could make up an invoice, and then where it asks you to select customer, it would be nice to select say 20 email addresses (customers)...and then have the program send them out to each individually. There was another accounting program i looked into that did it that way. Kind of like batching...

• MarkBowhouseMarkBowhouse Member Posts: 1

I need to be able to send invoices to more than one email address at once without manually adding those emails at the sending stage - I want to have multiple email addresses attached to each client I am invoicing.

• AmandaKAmandaK Member Posts: 73 admin

@KLDJ @MarkBowhouse Thanks so much for taking the time to share additional detail on how you'd ideally like to see this work - this is really useful insight for our Product Team as they continuously work to make our product even more useful for our customers.

• C0rdelia_EarleC0rdelia_Earle Member Posts: 1

Hi, so far I'm loving the app. I was wondering if there was a way that you can print mass Invoices, as I generate Invoices at the end of the month and wanted to do them all at once.

• poeticcomputerpoeticcomputer Member Posts: 2

So far the app has worked well. Is there a way to change the email address that appears on the invoice email section "For questions about this invoice, please contact". Could it show the email address that I have selected as the one to send from?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @C0rdelia_Earle

Unfortunately we don't have a way to print bulk invoice PDF's at this time, I apologize. The only bulk actions you can do is download the data in excel format and print out a data sheet if you wish. This is likely not the action you are looking for so I apologize again.

@poeticcomputer In regards to changing the email you send the invoice from, you'll need to make sure you add the second email as a verified account by selecting the business at the top left > manage your profile > emails and connected account > add new email.

Make sure you verify the email by going into your inbox and following the steps there.

Then once you've done all this, when you go to send an invoice, you should see the option to select the sender in the To: and From: drop down and that second email you've added should show up here.

Try this out and let us know if you have any troubles.

• poeticcomputerpoeticcomputer Member Posts: 2

@Barsin we've already done what you mentioned. I am referring to the email address that appears when you are emailing an invoice. At the end of emails sent there is a statement that says "For questions about this invoice, please contact" and it uses the email address that is associated with my sign in not the email from which it is sending. I've highlighted it in red.

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@poeticcomputer If you change the email you're sending from, it should update and reflect in the above^ email. When you send the invoice, make sure you're sending from the email you would like to see! I would suggest sending a test invoice to yourself to see. Are you able to see the right email when you do that?

• EcoglitterEcoglitter Member Posts: 2

I forgot to add shipping to an invoice.
    I sent the email once without an attachment. I assume it shows up as a link for them to view?
    I updated the invoice 2 minutes after sending it with the added shipping.
    If I update the invoice before the customer opens it from their email does the updated shipping information appear or do I have to resend so they see an updated price?

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ecoglitter! When you update an invoice, the changes do show on the customer's side as they happen. This is because the email that the customer will receive will contain a link to the online invoice, as opposed to a hard copy attachment. This allows for you to make changes to the invoice even after it has been sent.

• crischaverricrischaverri Member Posts: 2

When I send an invoice then edit it and resend it, it does not give my client payment options? How do I fix this?

Hey @crischaverri

Invoices are live docs updated on both ends. You technically don't need to resend anything besides a reminder if you like. When you make an update in your Wave app, and the client opens it up again the changes should already be in affect. It may not work if the client already has the invoice open as you're making changes.

• crischaverricrischaverri Member Posts: 2
    I had to modify an invoice I had sent to reflect a credit I had not included. When I modified the document i sent another smail to my client. He said the second email didnt have payment methods and that the first email i sent before the credit correction was not working. I have screenshots that he sent me.
    edited September 24, 2019

Hey again @crischaverri

I would reach out to our support team by submitting a ticket to https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. They have a lot more insight into your account and any payments that may have been made on your account and can easily access data we may not have eyes on in the community.

• blupblupblupblup Member Posts: 2

Hi there,

when the invoice is sent via wave, the layout of the email is in html, looks pretty professional. Is there a way to get the same lay out when sending from Gmail? When I send through my gmail account now, it is just plain text, not html.

Thanks!

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @blupblup! Unfortunately, we would not have a template for you to be able to use within your Gmail account - the formatting of our emails is one that's specific to the Wave platform. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• blupblupblupblup Member Posts: 2
    Hey @ConnorM ,

Thank you for your reply!
    edited December 13, 2019
  • gjldeboergjldeboer Member Posts: 1

Hello, just wanted to check - I don't actually need to send invoices to my clients, but am just creating them for accounting purposes. I only put the client's phone number in their "Customer" entries, no email address. When I click "Send Invoice", does anything get sent to them via mobile? Thanks!

Hey @gjldeboer! You can actually skip the 'Send Invoice' step entirely! If you don't have an email in the 'Send Invoice' step in the 'To' box, it'll actually prevent you from sending it at all.

• R_Quest1998R_Quest1998 Member Posts: 3

We use Mac in our office and would like to send invoices through or own email via Mac Mail. Is this possible?
    Also is there a way to have multiple emails on one invoice?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @R_Quest1998 . We don't link to Mac Mail directly, but you can always download a PDF and attach it in your email when sending through Mac Mail.

When sending the invoice, you can always add more emails to sent to, but you can't associate more than one email at a time to a customer's profile. This means that the emails have to be manually added when sending.

• proarcproarc Member Posts: 1

Hi, I want to change the default text on my email when sending an invoice

Hey @proarc! What text are you looking to edit? Can you take a screenshot of the text that you'd like to be able to change? Would be happy to look into this with you.

• ExclusiveExclusive Member Posts: 1
    Didn’t help, I need to email the same invoice to 2 people and is not allowing me to add second email

Hey @Exclusive , when you click send / resend invoice , there will be a plus "+" sign beside the address that it is being sent to. By clicking this, it will allow you to add another address to send your invoice to.

edited May 4, 2020
  • WonderWonder Member Posts: 19 ✭✭

@blupblup said:
    Hi there,

when the invoice is sent via wave, the layout of the email is in html, looks pretty professional. Is there a way to get the same lay out when sending from Gmail? When I send through my gmail account now, it is just plain text, not html.

Thanks!

@blupblup you can copy and paste the html from an existing Wave email into a Gmail canned response (https://blog.hubspot.com/sales/gmail-templates-canned-responses) and then when you send an invoice via Gmail select the template...note though that you would need to manually update the correct invoice link and details.

• Tony_Clarke123Tony_Clarke123 Member Posts: 3

Hi there.
    I have created 3 invoices for 3 customers and "sent" them with a copy to myself but customer has not received them and neither have I. I have another Wave account & invoicing from that is fine. Has there been a refinement & I need to flick a switch or something?
    Thanks,
    Anthony

Hey @Tony_Clarke123 , can you send me a private message with your customer's email address that you sent the invoices to? I can look it up to see if they were delivered.