How to send an invoice

2»

Comments

• Tony_Clarke123Tony_Clarke123 Member Posts: 3

Hi Alex. I think I found the problem. I was using a photo as a logo & I think the jpeg was too large. So, I removed the photo & the invoices were all sent. Regards, Tony

• Slimjemja_100Slimjemja_100 Member Posts: 1
    Is it possible for me to send an invoice without using email?
  • JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@Slimjemja_100 In order to send an online invoice, the most common way would be to send it through email. Alternatively, you do have the option to generate a share link that can be send through a messaging app. This share link will take the customer to an online version of their invoice and if you use Wave Payments, they will also have access to pay their invoices online! You can generate a share link through the invoice options found by clicking the invoice and navigating to the "More Options" button

• ClaireRobinson2506ClaireRobinson2506 Member Posts: 1

My invoice did not send either - i checked logo size and it's under 10 mb, but still didn't send.
    I ticked the box to receive a copy - I didn't get it + i copied myself in the second time around resending the invoice & it still didn't come through.
    The invoice has been approved & all email address are correct?

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @ClaireRobinson2506 , thanks for reaching out! It looks like your email address was marked as 'inactive' in our server. I've reactivated it now, so our server should now allow you to send emails via Wave's email portal. Please reply here if it still isn't working and we can look into it further!

• erinerin Member Posts: 3

is there a way to automatically send a customer their receipt once they have paid an invoice?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @erin

When your customer pays an invoice using credit card of ACH bank payment, they're sent a payment success email. This email actually contains a "view receipt" button which doesn't require you to send the receipt from Wave manually. If the client pays using a check or cash you will need to manually this should also appear once you've marked the invoice as paid.

edited July 15, 2020
  • AlbanoAlbano Member Posts: 1

Hi

When I send invoice through Wave it Dose show my email but instead it says mailer@waveapps.com some customers have expressed Scam concerns Etc they said it will be more feasible if you company email appears when sending invoices. How can I make my company email appear to my customers when sending invoice

I have tried the options Send From: and put my company email but it doesn't work it still sends as mailer@waveapps.com

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Albano

Wave's invoices are sent through a specific server account, Mailer@waveapps.com. This cannot be changed. The only workaround method is to download your invoice as a PDF and send it through your personal account. Changing the "from" section only changes the email on the digital invoice itself that is sent to your client.

Thanks for reaching out about this in our community and know that your feedback is valued amongst the team.

• CurtCurt Member Posts: 2

Hello help center, Does wave has a function which allows us to create an invoice and schedule to send it in the future automatically? If not, is it possible to create an update for that function please?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hello @Curt ! For standard, individual invoices, you will need to send the invoice manually. However, you can create the invoice ahead of time and then send it to your customer on your desired date. If you plan on sending multiple invoices to your customer, you can look into setting up recurring invoices. With recurring invoices, you can send the invoices to your customer automatically.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing your feedback. To be transparent, this feature does not appear to be on our product roadmap at the moment. However, your input is not dismissed and the feature may be reevaluated down the line.

edited October 2, 2020
  • JanBBJanBB Member Posts: 11

Hello JulianP,

I have mentioned before that when I send billing documents (estimates, invoices, receipts and statements) to clients, I am unable to see the who they are e-mailed to when I send them to multiple e-mail addresses.

Please include an area where we can view sent e-mails, so that we can track which addresses have been used previously, as well as who receives the current e-mail. We usually copy to ourselves to make sure that it was actually sent.

Thank you very much in advance.

• kfabFFkfabFF Member Posts: 2

@JulianP,
    Just as @Curt asked I would like to create an invoice that will be automatically emailed out at a later date. I'm trying to automate my workflow so I don't forget to email invoices manually. Please add a 'Send at a Later Date' function to individual invoices. Wave's Recurring Invoices function doesn't work for me because the installment amounts I charge clients are different for each invoice (I was VERY disappointed to find that I couldn't customize amounts on your recurring invoices. Wave really needs to explain this better up front).

Thanks!

• JNieJNie Member Posts: 1
    Can I send an invoice via whatsapp?

Hello @JNie !

What you can do is create an invoice and generate a "Get share link". Once you obtained the link, you can send it to your customer via WhatsApp if you'd like. I attached a couple of screenshots for reference below:

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

edited December 7, 2020
  • Josh_UJosh_U Member Posts: 3

One of my clients requires that I submit an invoice to multiple email addresses (their accounts payable catch-all and the account manager). Is it possible to add multiple email addresses for a client, and to have the invoice and reminder emails be sent to multiple addresses at once?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Josh_U , as it turns out this isn't currently available in Wave but we are working on this feature which we're hoping to release at some point in the near future.

Until then, you do have to manually add email addresses when sending an invoice to more than one address.

• LuisaRomoLuisaRomo Member Posts: 1

During this week I had an issue sending some invoices. Displaying me "An error occurred. Please try again."
    IS not with all my customers and is not all the time.
    Thank you

• Miss_Dori_TutoringMiss_Dori_Tutoring Member Posts: 10

HI there, I have 2 questions:
    1) Is there a way to add a default message when sending invoices? It time consuming to manually input a message every time.
    2) Can I text an invoice? I am currently emailing them, but I can see they are not being opened by some people. These same people always paid immediately prior to me switching to Waveapps. I am worried the email is going to their spam. I would like to also text them to ensure they get it.

Hello @Miss_Dori_Tutoring !

In Wave, you can add custom headings, foots, notes, etc. via Settings > Invoice Customization in the left navigation menu but we don't currently support an option to create a default message to auto populate before sending your invoices out to your customers I'm afraid.

In addition, texting invoices is not supported. If you are unsure if your customer viewed their invoice, you can check its status. If they viewed it, it would have the status Viewed. Below is a screenshot for reference:

• HonokaaBobHonokaaBob Member Posts: 6

Am trying to send a rental invoice from my personal Wave Account, but no "Sales" in left side menu, so how can I do this?