How to save customer credit card information for invoice payments

2»

Comments

• KennethKKennethK Member Posts: 1

Is there a link I can send the customer to edit their 'card on file'?

• CourtneyLCourtneyL Member Posts: 1

Same qu as Tfost asked on 04/01/20 (and appears it got skipped over), and KennethK asked today (1/11/21). Is there any way for our customers to edit their own CC info via a link, portal, something without having to give it to us over the phone? And without it prematurely charging? This seems very basic and yet not possible.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @KennethK and @CourtneyL !

From what I understand, I don't believe a customer can update their saved card on file on their end unless you delete their currently saved card details in your Wave account under Sales > Customers > the customer in question > Payment methods. Once deleted, when you send your customer a new invoice, they will have the option to punch in new card details. I hope this helps!

• KaraLouiseKaraLouise Member Posts: 1

Is there any method to REQUIRE a customer save a card as a form of recurring payment - without our company having to take that card number manually?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @KaraLouise , when setting up a recurring invoice to send to your customer, you can toggle between automatic payments and manual payments under the Get Paid section. When on automatic payments, you customer is required to agree to and sign off to having their card charged on the frequency specified.

edited January 29, 2021
  • YardieCardieYardieCardie Member Posts: 1

VERY HELPFUL!!!!!
    Thank you for the detailed info, entering the CC in manually worked!
    Woohoo

• misscarolynhmisscarolynh Member Posts: 0

If I am creating a future date invoice for a customer and I select for the invoice to be paid by the customer's stored credit card information, at what date will the charge occur to their card? Today or the future date?

Unfortunately the recurring invoice feature doesn.t work for me because of variable invoice amounts each month so I want to know if I can proactively create invoices for the next 6 months and turn on the option to use a saved credit card for the customer and it will charge automatically on the date each invoice is due.

• MNWLjabbaMNWLjabba Member Posts: 1

I have a rental business. I need to be able to save credit card information until my product is returned and undamaged. As I see it, I have to rely on my customer to check the "save my card" box in order for this to happen. If they don't, I can't save it, right?

• TonyCanuckTonyCanuck Member Posts: 2

1000% need a way to be able to send Customers a link for them to update/change their credit card for reoccurring invoices. This is a major pain currently and leads to a lot of unpaid invoices, delayed payments etc.

Wave, please add a way for clients to update their credit card info, or replace card info for lost/stolen cards etc.