How to invite your accountant, bookkeeper, or business partner to help with your account

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to invite your accountant, bookkeeper, or business partner to help with your account

Wave makes it easy to let other people help with your accounting. You can grant access to a trusted individual — an accountant, bookkeeper, tax preparer or business partner, for example — by inviti...

Read the full story here

edited February 21, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• JH01JH01 Member Posts: 2

How do I give my CPA access to create my corporate tax return with allowing her to alter anything I’ve done?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @JH01 . You can add your CPA as an admin collaborator in Wave with the instructions in the article which will allow them to access any information that's needed to create your tax return.

• FrancineA1FrancineA1 Member Posts: 3

Can I check to see how many hours I had the company open for?

Hey @FrancineA1 . I don't quite understand the question, can you give me some more insight into what you're looking to accomplish here?

• FrancineA1FrancineA1 Member Posts: 3

SO I worked on the bookkeeping for this company and would like to know if there is a report or something that tracked my time.

• PJoePJoe Member Posts: 1

Hello @ ALEXL or any admin of this site. As a bookkeeper or accountant, we charge an hourly fee. Is there a way to track the amount of minutes/hours worked on Wave for a particular company?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @FrancineA1! Unfortunately that's not something that currently exists in Wave. Sorry about that.
    @PJoe Similarly to Francine's question, unfortunately there is not a way for us to track in Wave how many hours you'd have spent on the site. I totally understand where you're coming from, however that's not something that Wave would track.

• alch88vdetalch88vdet Member Posts: 4

Hi, Can I track which user made changes/additions/editing to wave info? Thank you

Hey @alch88vdet , currently Wave does not support an audit log for user changes in Wave.

• mbedford519mbedford519 Member Posts: 1

I use WAVE for my HOA. My term as treasurer is nearly up. I can add the new treasurer as a new user for training. Can she then delete me as a user when the training period is complete?

Thank, Mary.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @mbedford519! That's definitely something that you can do within Wave! As long as the new treasurer is added as an Admin, she'll be able to delete your user account once that training has finished.

• SMorrisSMorris Member Posts: 1

Wave apps is not connecting to some email addresses in my contacts as well as well as my primary business address. thus many of my invoices are not reaching clients and when I copy myself on the invoice email it does not come through to me either

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @SMorris! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having with sending invoices. Sometimes emails can be blocked by an email server or marked as spam and not delivered correctly. The best thing to do to ensure emails are getting through correctly is to whitelist the domain @waveapps.com in your email account (your customers who are having issues can do this as well). This should help the emails deliver correctly.

• JayWJayW Member Posts: 1

Hello, I'm finding your application both exciting and overwhelming. What I am not seeing is inventory. PLEASE tell me your software will adjust inventory based on sales and purchases.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi there @JayW , thanks for your message here! I'm glad that Wave is an exciting experience for you; hopefully the overwhelm dissipates - and we're happy to help clarify some things if you need!

As for inventory, Wave does not track inventory based on quantities, but rather, on monetary value. The reason for this is that Wave is focused on being a financial management software rather than an inventory, project, or time management software. You can learn about how to account for inventory as a value in this handy Help Centre article!

• ATS_Ltd20ATS_Ltd20 Member Posts: 1

For my accountant to reconcile my accounts is it best that they are set up as "Admin" or "Editor"?

Hi @ATS_Ltd20 , editor should be enough to reconcile your accounts. Depending on how you use Wave, if your accountant does need admin functionality to access something you can always give this to him later on.

• gertdeysel69gertdeysel69 Member Posts: 1

i urgently need to talk to somebody about my profile. PLEASE PLEASE

Hey @gertdeysel69 , if you let us know what your request is I'd be more than happy to help!

• SamanSaman Member Posts: 1

Hello, I'm trying to invite a new user as my bookkeeper, my business is set up in UAE, and ever since Wave decided to focus only on US & Canada users, it seems like I can't invite a new user to my existing business? I believe Wave's statement was that existing accounts shall remain unaffected. please advise.

edited December 13, 2020

Hey @Saman . As it turns out, restricting account creation also means that users cannot be added as a collaborator to an account if they don't have a Wave account created already.

• Eltoddo1Eltoddo1 Member Posts: 3
    how can i add my bookkeeper as admin?
    Ive sent the request and she cannot get access.
    What are my options?
  • JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Eltoddo1 !

Did they trying checking their junk folder? If they are not receiving your admin invitation, it's possible that their email is blocking Wave's incoming emails. What they can do is whitelist our mailer@waveapps.com email address. If the issue persists, feel free to send me their email address via direct message and I will gladly look into this for you further on the back end.

edited January 19, 2021
    Hi Julian
    She received the email but tried to accept the invite and got an error message
    Her name is Blair Verrier
    Her email is bla**@enrich***********.com.au
    Im needing her to gain access to move all my data over and get my taxes done.

Thanks
    edited February 8, 2021

Hey @Eltoddo1 , I've obfuscated your bookkeeper's email so it doesn't appear publicly anymore for security reasons.

It looks like your bookkeeper created their account on December 9th which means that they have been redirected to sign up with Zoho as per our announcement here. As we are no longer allowing sign ups outside of Canada and the US, I'm afraid that your bookkeeping won't be able to have access to your account as a collaborator.

Hi Alex
    Thanks for your feedback
    This communication method has proven very timely.
    Could you please provide clear instructions and links for me to pass onto my bookkeeper so I can get my info transferred as I have the tax department currently causing grief at my end.
    All help you could provide would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Hey @Eltoddo1 , as mentioned above, I'm afraid there's no steps that I can pass on to you to get your bookkeeper into the account as we're no longer accepting new signups to Wave.
    In regards to transferring data, this would really depend on where you're transferring data to. You can use our Data Export function under Settings to export transactional and customer data. You can also use our Google Sheets integration called Wave Connect to export other information that you may need from your account.

Ultimately though, you should determine with your bookkeeper what information is necessary so that you can export it from your account.

edited February 17, 2021
  • QLeeQLee Member Posts: 3

How do I give my accounts receivables contractor access to create invoices, but not access to all of the other financials? I think a new role is needed.

Hey @QLee , at the moment we don't have a sales user role that will allow for just the creation and access of invoices. The closest thing I can advise on would be the Editor permission, although this role would also have access to your accounting.

• QLeeQLee Member Posts: 3

Is there a way for me to request this feature? I think it would really be helpful if I could have a user that is responsible for AR, that doesn't have access to other features. This would make it feasible to outsource this role.