How much does Wave Payroll cost?

Comments

• Dr_Beetroot1Dr_Beetroot1 Member Posts: 2

Please clarify: $20 monthly base fee. $ 6 per employee per month? or year? or one time? What if seasonal or casual employees in the list?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Dr_Beetroot1

The $6 employee fees is per monthly. Your employees will be charged regardless of whether they are on a payroll or not. You would need to offboard them or put them on leave in order for that charge to no longer appear on your invoice. Contractors on the other hand will only be billed if they are on a payroll. If they are not included on a payroll, then the $6 fee will not appear.

• JamieDeeJamieDee Member Posts: 1

1.)Nevada does NOT pay state income tax, but I don’t see anything listed about payroll services offered here. Please clarify.

2.). I have several sales associates that earn 1099 commissions (non taxable earnings )and regular W-2 income (salary or hourly wages). My current payroll system allows me to separate 1099 earnings from their regular taxable wages, yet both are classified under the same transaction and under the same employee. In other words, I don’t have to create two separate checks; I do not need to make a Vendor or Independent Contractor Account for my existing employee in order to pay him 1099 income.

3.) And, will I be billed twice for the same employee if he is getting 1099 and W2 Income?

Please explain how this will work if I enroll in Wave’s payroll/tax services.
    Thanks for your help! Be safe and stay well!

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@JamieDee Congrats on posting in Community for the first time! To answer your questions:
    1. Nevada is not currently available on Tax Services with Wave Payroll which means that any filing/tax payments will need to be made by you. However, Wave will calculate your taxes for you, based on your Payroll application.

1. 1099 calculations are separate to that of an employee and we do not allow for 1099 calculations to be applied to employees or vice-versa. As well, the 1099s and W2s are specific to contractors and employees respectively. You will need to add each person in your company who this applies for as both an employee and 1099 contractor if you want both.

2. To followup on this, you will be billed twice per person if they are both an employee and a contractor.

Based on the situation you've described, Wave Payroll may not be the best fit for you and your business but if you have any more questions, let us know!

• tsfjaxtsfjax Member Posts: 47 ✭✭

Forgive me if this is a stupid or redundant question. :) I only have a couple of 1099s so my cost, if I decide to use Wave for payments, would be $35 a month and $6 per 1099 that appeared on a particular month’s payroll, right?

• ChangChang Member Posts: 1

Where can I find receipts for the fees? Want to confirm if there was GST applied for bookkeeping purposes

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @tsfjax - That's correct. If you are in a Tax Service state, regardless of whether or not you use the Tax Service, you will still be charged the full amount for the payroll subscription + $6 for each time you pay a contractor in a month.

@Chang You should be receiving a monthly invoice via email that breaks down the subscription fees. Another location is going to your Settings > Payroll > Billing and you can click on each individual invoice that you were charged.

• Medical_1234Medical_1234 Member Posts: 2

Hi,
    I am based in Canada and I was wondering about the pricing for wave payroll. So the base pay is $20/month regardless if you are paying your employees weekly or biweekly or monthly, correct? Then in addition to the base payment of $20/month, $6 per employee per payroll run, correct? I do payrolls biweekly with 3 employees so for me it would be $20+$6+$6+$6=$38 every 2 weeks (biweekly)? So monthly it would be $38+$18 (3 employees $6*3)= $56? Please clarify. Thank you.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @Medical_1234 , welcome to the Community! The rate for Payroll refers to the monthly rate, regardless of how many time payroll is run during that month. So whether you run the payroll 1 time or 2 times per month, it will be 20+6+6+6 = $38 per month.

• Medical_1234Medical_1234 Member Posts: 2

@CallieP : Awesome. Thank you so much for your response.

• rideLKNrideLKN Member Posts: 1

we are a seasonal business, am I able to suspened filings/payroll for a few months out of the year with this service?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @rideLKN! You definitely can! At any point, you're able to deactivate your payroll subscription, while being able to start it up again at a later date. With that said, you also have the ability to switch to a limited access version of the payroll software, which would cost you significantly less than an active subscription during your off-season, while maintaining your ability to navigate the payroll software, with limited access to particular things.

• queengeekqueengeek Member Posts: 10

Just to be clear, if I have 1 1099 vendor that I want to pay, like a virtual assistant, the cost is $35/month + $6? There's no lower priced option for 1 vendor?

Hey @queengeek! Yes, that would be the price for you to pay that single vendor. There wouldn't be a lower price option in this scenario.

• queengeekqueengeek Member Posts: 10

Thanks for confirming.

• AllenWAllenW Member Posts: 1

Please add Oklahoma. Thank you.

• DwightDDwightD Member Posts: 3

I’m in Nevada, so automated tax filings & payments aren’t available to me yet. My question is: for the $26 + $6/employee, if there is a month where we do not run payroll, is any fee charged? I would like to activate it and use it when we do run a payroll, but there are some months things are so slow that we don’t do payroll at all, and add the earnings from that month to the next month’s payroll (when we do actually run payroll, direct deposit, etc.)

Would I have to deactivate and reactivate it myself to avoid the $26 + $6per for those months where we don’t run a payroll, or can I just let it roll and won’t be charged for those months I don’t run a payroll?

Hey @DwightD! Great question here. Wave Payroll is a subscription-based product, meaning that even if you do not run a payroll in a period, you will still be billed the full amount of that charge. With that said, we've recently rolled out the ability to pause your payroll at a reduced rate, with limited access. If you'd like, however, you certainly have the ability to deactivate and reactivate your payroll subscription in order to avoid those costs.

• DwightDDwightD Member Posts: 3

Thank you - that is very helpful, and I look forward to using Wave Payroll soon. Good to have that limited-access option available.

• LuciaLucia Member Posts: 1

Hi there! I'd like to start setting up my payroll - when do you start charging me? As soon as I start entering all my employee info or when I make my first payment?

• BSAA_TreasurerBSAA_Treasurer Member Posts: 1

So it says $6 per employee - so does this mean if you have 10 employees it’s $60 per month for the employee charge or $20+60=$80 total for the month
    or $60 each time you run a payroll for the employee charge - meaning $20+ $60+$60=$140 for the month (2 payroll runs)

Hey @Lucia

Wave gives you your first month of payroll free. We will then charge you for the following month once you activate your account and enter your credit card information! Hope this helps.

Hi @BSAA_Treasurer

You'll be charged $20 for non tax service states and $35 if you are in a tax service state. So let's say your monthly charge is only $20 because you're non-tax service, you'll have to pay this monthly.

If you have 10 employees, you'll also have to pay $60 a month whether they are paid on that months payroll or not. An active employee still receives a charge unlike contractors, who won't be charged if they are on that months billing cycle.

So $20 + $60 is your total charge! Hope this helps.

• TomThomasTomThomas Member Posts: 1

I have an S-Corp and need to start paying myself. I've not done this. Can I talk with someone on the phone first? Is there a number? I left a message days ago and no one returned it.

• hprinoldhprinold Member Posts: 2

I have a short-term summer student who I will be finished paying in October. If I go down to 0 employees, and don't pay the monthly fee, am I still able to get the T4 generated at the end of the year?

• tjktjk Member Posts: 1

I was assured that Ap Intego would insure us but it is not possible and now what?
    Also if I track all of my own taxes and filings is it still 35.00 a month

Hey there @tjk

Since AP Intego is a separate insurance entity from Wave, I do apologize that I'm unable to comment on reasons why they cannot insure your business, but I do apologize for the headache this causes! Remember you don't need to use the integrated insurance, you can use an outside company as well.

Regardless of whether you track your own taxes with Wave the cost will still remain the same for the states that are considered tax service states!

• JoplinSafetyNETJoplinSafetyNET Member Posts: 1

That's Pretty Steep just to pay a 1099 contractor occasionally if you ask me. I can send them an instant payment over Facebook for free and then categorize the Charge on my account and I have everything I need to be able to issue a 1099. Seems to me that you need to come up with a cheaper solution if you want this feature to be utilized by more small businesses

• flyingace71flyingace71 Member Posts: 2

If I am in a non-automated tax service state (AR), do you help us with figuring out how and who to send the filings in our state and federal to each payroll and quarterlys?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @flyingace71 , we don't provide you with information about who to submit to and how to do so although we will provide you with the information you need to submit the information.

• flyingace71flyingace71 Member Posts: 2

Thanks, I decided to go back to ADP for full service.