How to archive a business

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to archive a business

If you have a business profile you no longer use that is cluttering your Wave space, you can archive it to remove it from your view. Please read what must be done before you can archive your busine...

Read the full story here

edited April 7, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• Piano_Teacher_01852Piano_Teacher_01852 Member Posts: 9

For some of us, this hasn't worked for at least 10 month. You should say as much. Thank you.

edited April 7, 2019
  • naspinskinaspinski Member Posts: 1

This still isn't working as of 2019-04 - it claims I need to disconnect Payment Accounts of which I have none.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Piano_Teacher_01852 @naspinski This is still a known issue that our accounting team is aware of, and we're hoping to have a fix on this upcoming. To be completely transparent here, we still don't have a timeline as to when this will be fixed. I appreciate your patience and understanding here.. but to make the businesses that you don't want showing there, you can simply rename them so they begin with the letter Z (they will appear down the list).

• Piano_Teacher_01852Piano_Teacher_01852 Member Posts: 9

Thank you, JamieD. I understand that it's not a huge issue, and I do have my other business name as "to be archived."

• ComDPComDP Member Posts: 1

ETA on fixing this known issue of being unable to archive an account due to nonexistent payment accounts? 15+ months of errors is ridiculous.

edited August 4, 2019
  • JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Still no ETA @ComDP. Appreciate your patience while we work through this and when we have an update for you, we will be sure to let everyone know within this thread. Thanks again for reaching out.

• DMcWettyDMcWetty Member Posts: 3

A lot of this is outdated or wrong... I have disconnected my accounts and integrations and it still won't let me archive a business.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @DMcWetty . This is an-going bug that we're facing. Until it's fixed, you can add a "z" to the front of your business name so that it appears at the bottom of your list of businesses and doesn't get in the way.

@AlexL said:
    Hi @DMcWetty . This is an-going bug that we're facing. Until it's fixed, you can add a "z" to the front of your business name so that it appears at the bottom of your list of businesses and doesn't get in the way.

I'm aware of this "solution" based on other community posts... the problem is, why? Why can't the programming team fix this bug? It's been quite a while since it was brought to Wave's attention. Are there other bugs beyond their skills to fix and should I move my business to another invoicing option with more competent programmers? I am concerned that there may be security issues they cannot or will not address.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @DMcWetty

There is no security issue with this that has been brought to our attention. The reason for that is if you decided to delete your Wave account entirely it would remove all information from our servers completely. This is just an annoying bug tied to our payments system. My apologies that this has not been addressed. Know that it's escalated and tied to an ongoing ticket that has still not been resolved for some time. I know that doesn't answer your question entirely, so forgive me for not being able to give you full disclosure on what the bug is or why it has not been addressed yet.

@BarsinA said:
    Hey @DMcWetty

There is no security issue with this that has been brought to our attention. The reason for that is if you decided to delete your Wave account entirely it would remove all information from our servers completely. This is just an annoying bug tied to our payments system. My apologies that this has not been addressed. Know that it's escalated and tied to an ongoing ticket that has still not been resolved for some time. I know that doesn't answer your question entirely, so forgive me for not being able to give you full disclosure on what the bug is or why it has not been addressed yet.

Is there any progress on this issue? It's been over a year that this bug has persisted.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @DMcWetty, unfortunately we do not have any progress to report on this issue at present. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

• C_B1C_B1 Member Posts: 2

I see that in some of the recent upgrades there's a chatbot to help explain how to archive a business..except you STILL can't archive a business. Why would you waste the time to create a robotic "how-to" for something you know can't be done? I followed the directions and wasted a bunch of time because it looked like you had fixed this (after about two years of needing to archive the business). When we ask the chatbot how to archive a business shouldn't it just tell us this can't be done right now instead of giving us lengthy directions that don't work? Maybe we need to set up a Go-Fund-Me to hire someone who can resolve this.

• C_B1C_B1 Member Posts: 2

@ConnorM said:
    Hey @DMcWetty, unfortunately we do not have any progress to report on this issue at present. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Why? Why all the upgrades in the last year but Wave won't, or can't fix this?

Hey there @C_B1

Currently users are able to archive their business however there are some active payments users that are having this trouble. I understand that this is frustrating and I apologize. We've escalated these cases in the past and there is still no fix at the moment.

• BrittainBrittain Member Posts: 1

@BarsinA - I am not a paid user, but in your comment from Mars 23, 2020 you say that 'Currently users are able to archive their business however there are some active payments users that are having this trouble.' If this is working, how can we do this now? The directions still don't work and still ask to 'disconnect your payment accounts'. (I have no payment accounts set up.) Please advise on your - currently users are able to archive their business... Thanks

edited April 4, 2020

Hey @Brittain

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I took a look into your account and it seems that your payments account, though not active, is in a state which can accept payments since you did make an initial connection through the bank connections page (I understand you've archived your bank connections since) but this is where the unfortunate bug comes into play.

I can only offer you a potential fix which may not work out but it's worth a shot. Can you go to the business which cannot archive > Settings > Payments > And turn off the payments options which may be active. Then let us know if you're able to archive.

🤞 🤞

• StanWilliamsStanWilliams Member Posts: 1

The payments options are all OFF. We need ability to DELETE (make totally disappear) businesses created in an effort to learn how to use WAVE and got screwed up. Or, for a THIRD time I'm going to have to recreate the whole business yet again.

Hey @StanWilliams! Unfortunately, this does still sound like the archiving issue that we're seeing above. While we don't have a timeline on when a fix for this could be released, this is something that the development teams are aware of and have in mind with regards to improvements to the platforms that could be made.

• JeanMarcJeanMarc Member Posts: 1

Hey guys, we didn't create any integrations or connect payments for the business we are trying to archive but still can't archive it for some reason. Looks this has been a known issue for a while and would love to get a fix for it soon if possible? Thanks!

• JimP_CRJimP_CR Member Posts: 1

I believe I followed all the steps and yet I can't archive the account. Pop up says "Disconnect Payment Accounts". I set both ACH and CC to "off" and yet the account won't archive. I get the samy pop up every time. Now reading the thread below, I'm aparently at where others remain stuck....

Hey @JeanMarc and @JimP_CR! I'm sorry, but sounds like you're both encountering this ongoing bug that we're aware of in the system. I'm going to re-flag this with my development team, however this is something that we do not have a fix for at this time. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

• romancromanc Member Posts: 1

You can add me to the list. I have trashed my bank connections, have all credit. card payment options set to off and I can't remove the blue dot for both credit card AND ACH - one of those toggles is always on. Need to archive so I can turn over the other business to a new person who can't have access to the business I am trying to archive.

• Carrie_WCarrie_W Member Posts: 14

I also cannot archive my business as there is no way to "turn payments off." I'm just trying to straighten out my chart of accounts to better reflect that I'm a new LLC that will be taxed as an S Corp and since there doesn't appear to be an option to change the categorization at setup I was going to try to start over. This is very clunky and it looks like it's gone months unsolved. Please escalate.

Hey folks, my sincere apologies that you're experiencing this bug still in Wave.

We understand how frustrating this may seem and we do apologize that this hasn't been addressed. Our team is quite aware of this situation and working with our payment processor to see how we can address this issue in the future.

• ibaniban Member Posts: 2

After 2 years using wave, still not able to Archive the business... Incredible.
    Thank you for the app, Kindly....If you want most of the users to trust/rely 100% and use other of your paid services, everything has to work smooth. After 2 years or more, I think you had time enough to solve this! ;)
    ( It is a nightmare to have a business that you don't use on the top list... y the way, changing the name for another like Z, doesn't make it move the position. Still the first one, the one it opens automatically when starting the app....so extra steps are always required for me.)

• benjibuiltitbenjibuiltit Member Posts: 1

Bumping this on july 1st 2020. This is just negligence or incompetence at this point. Neither of which is a great.

• Anotherb2bAnotherb2b Member Posts: 1

Why is so difficult to archive a business in your platform? It´s more easy if you do a walkthrough process where the users understand what issues inside a particular business might avoid it to be archived. I don´t get why it is so difficult, if at the end we can recover such business.
    If archive a business is possible, it must be and option to delete it following other steps and double authentication methods or writing confirmation.

• Carrie_WCarrie_W Member Posts: 14

Like many others on this string I am unable to archive my business despite following all of the instructions above. I am getting a message that payments must be turned off, when they were never turned on. I check in on this every few months and still no resolution which is unacceptable.

• GA_RanchGA_Ranch Member Posts: 2

Can't archive due to payment setting glitch. One profile does not have an edit pen; this also needs to be fixed. All profiles should have ability to edit.