Tax services with Wave

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageTax services with Wave

Payroll by Wave offers an additional Tax Service for several states within the US. With this service, Wave can pay and file your state and federal taxes when you activate your Payroll account. All ...

Read the full story here

edited April 18, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• jwhayesjwhayes Member Posts: 3

Please add DC when you're able!

• AmandaKAmandaK Member Posts: 73 admin

@jwhayes Thanks for the feedback! We'll pass your request on to our payroll team.

• jomaedgejomaedge Member Posts: 1

Any idea of when Michigan will get added to the list?

• HenryHenry Member Posts: 2

Wisconsin Please!

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @jomaedge @Henry

Sadly we don't know when this states get added to the list, but what I can tell is that it's always growing and we appreciate you reaching out about this!

• Lynne_BBLynne_BB Member Posts: 2

Are Federal Tax Services available in only the states listed here?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Lynne_BB that is correct.

• Hannah_SHannah_S Member Posts: 1

What is the cost to have Wave file the taxes? I already use wave payroll and my state was just added recently.

Hey @Hannah_S! Since you'd already been using our payroll service, you'll still be charged your existing fee until April 30th, 2020. Effective May 1st, the rate will be $35 a month + $4 per active employee, so your base rate will increase by $15.

• Trace_1Trace_1 Member Posts: 1

How does this compare with Paychex? We are currently use Paychex, because of all the tax filing that they do for us. I don't have to file any payroll taxes what so ever for federal or state and that is what I really need. We are in Washington state. Can you do all the same as Paychex for me?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Trace_1 . This question comes with perfect timing as we've actually just opened up our Tax Service for Washington State. All of our services provided are listed in the article above. Check it out!

edited January 3, 2020
  • marcyprochmarcyproch Member Posts: 1

Please consider offering two tiers of service for tax service states -- I would dearly love to pay the current lower rate and file and pay my own taxes, as I have just one employee and have managed that just fine up to now.

• lishlish Member Posts: 2

So if I am using Wave for payroll, accounting and tax services, will you file my business returns with IRS?

• lishlish Member Posts: 2

Adding I am in FL

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Thanks for your feedback here, @Marcy . So you're saying you'd want us to fill out all of the forms on your behalf, but you file the taxes yourself?

Hi @lish , we'll handle all of your Payroll tax forms for you!

• mikemalikmikemalik Member Posts: 3

How can I set up the wave to pay my business taxes to IRS. I am not talking about payroll taxes and want business taxes such as quartelly taxes to IRS for my practice. Can they be paid through Wave and if yes then can somebody help me set it up

• TallpinessueTallpinessue Member Posts: 1

We're a 501c3 nonprofit. are you able to submit our paperwork?

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@mikemalik,
    For estimated corporate taxes (Form 1120) you would need to set up an EFTPS account with the IRS. Wave would not send payments to the IRS. Individuals make estimated payments differently. So if you are making quarterly payments for yourself (i.e. LLC or S-Corp) then you would go to the IRS.gov and "Make A Payment"

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@Tallpinessue thanks for taking an interest in our Tax Services! We've broken down what states and the specific forms we will be able to pay/file for you; if you do not currently see the forms you need filed or your state, we are not able to file them on your behalf. However, please let us know what state you're from/what you are interested in for us to file if it is unavailable as that helps our Payroll team decide where to expand Tax Services next!

• kerrymckerrymc Member Posts: 1

Wish available in Kansas. I think I'll have to sign up for Square Payroll instead.

@kerrymc,
    I can provide full service in KS for less than Square. Contact me if you are interested.

• DwightDDwightD Member Posts: 3

Add Nevada, please!

• LakecitySCVSLakecitySCVS Member Posts: 1

Idaho Please

• LarryZdanisLarryZdanis Member Posts: 3

Bummer, I'm in NJ... I'll have to use a separate company/software for Payroll since taxes are the most challenging/critical part of payroll.. unless you plan on adding NJ within next 2 months - that's not the case is it? thx, larryzdanis@gmail.com

LarryZdanis,
    I offer a full service payroll in NJ at almost half the cost of any other service. Contact mike@mgfinancial.net if you are interested.

• alwalw Member Posts: 1

Any plans to add Maryland to your tax service list?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @alw

Our small payroll tax team is continuing to surprise us with their ever-growing list of states that they keep adding to Wave's payroll. Unfortunately we don't have any insight as to whether we will be adding a state to the payroll service at this time but if you're a payroll user already, we essentially email you and let you know when your state is going to be tax service then migrate you over to a tax service payroll system.

• JERJER Member Posts: 5

Does Wave do Canadian taxes as well?

• JERJER Member Posts: 5

@mikemalik said:
    How can I set up the wave to pay my business taxes to IRS. I am not talking about payroll taxes and want business taxes such as quartelly taxes to IRS for my practice. Can they be paid through Wave and if yes then can somebody help me set it up

Did you get an answer for this? i am wondering as well.

Hey @JER! Wave is able to handle payroll remittances to the CRA if you're a Canadian business running payroll. We've got a solid Help Center article here that'll help to break that down for you!