Tax services with Wave

2»

Comments

• AADM_TreasurerAADM_Treasurer Member Posts: 1

I have signed AADM up for the 30-day free trial with Wave, including Tax Services. At present we only have one standard employee but we do have two Statutory Employyes and one Independent Contractor. My application for the automatic tax payment service is "being processed.” Four Georgia forms were automatically filled in and one IRS form: Reporting Agent Authorization Form 8655.

While each form had been filled in for me, there were no signatures on these forms. Wave did not give me any instructions on what to do with the forms. Do I print them out, sign them and mail them to the respective government addresses?

Before Wave sent me these pre-filled forms I had digitally signed a “Digital Signature Form” and I thought that that form was authorizing Wave to use my digital signature on these forms, but the signature doesn’t appear on the forms. Any advice would be gratefully received! The help function in Wave just puts me into a Robot Chat that can’t answer this question!

• montimonti Member Posts: 1

@JER said:

@mikemalik said:
    How can I set up the wave to pay my business taxes to IRS. I am not talking about payroll taxes and want business taxes such as quartelly taxes to IRS for my practice. Can they be paid through Wave and if yes then can somebody help me set it up

Did you get an answer for this? i am wondering as well.

I'm also wondering this!

• LaeniLaeni Member Posts: 4

We have one independent contractor and just started the payroll process setup. The final step of setup is processing. Everything we pay is online so we do not have checks to pay the contractor. How long does it take for the direct deposit "application" to process and while we are waiting to use the payroll aspect of Wave (but can't take full advantage of it) will this waiting period count as our free trial?
    Thanks!
    Also, I'd love to know the answer to @JER question as well! It would be amazing if Wave helped with quarterly taxes!!

• KamAtStratfordKamAtStratford Member Posts: 8

How do I sign up for the tax service. I have employees in California and Florida. They have direct deposit and it is working fine.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Laeni

A DD application can take up to 2-3 to finalize and process, though I do believe that sometimes it can process in the same day if your scanned ID processed efficiently in our Risk analysis.

Wave definitely does take care of Canadian remittances for payroll! Everything is taken care of.

Hi @KamAtStratford

Under Payroll > Run Payroll > Payroll setup > You'll need to fill out your Tax profile if you haven't already done this! This will enrol you in our tax service automatic payments! Reach out to us via chat if you have any other questions.

If you'd like to chat in with us you can select the help button at the bottom of your account and type out a question to our Chat-Bot Mave who will assist you first before putting you through to an agent. Our hours of operation for live chat support is Monday - Friday 9-6pm EST.

• KamAtStratfordKamAtStratford Member Posts: 8

For some reason Wave cannot deposit my federal payroll taxes even though I only have employees in California and Florida. Wave does direct deposit and state payroll taxes fine. What is the issue about federal taxes?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey again @KamAtStratford

We in the Wave community are a bit limited when it comes to tax services and what might be causing an issue with your particular business filings. I can see you have a few ongoing tickets with our payroll tax service team! This is most likely the best method for deciphering your issue moving forward! Thanks for your contribution in our community.

• HannahDHannahD Member Posts: 1

I just got an email from you all saying you will now file taxes automatically. Unfortunately, I am unable to set it up in our account. The directions in the email don't apply to our account. I'm really excited about this feature and would like to start using ASAP. Thank you!

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @HannahD !

If you are having issues completing your tax service application, please feel free to send us a request ticket so one of our support agents can assist you. :smile:

In the meantime, you can check out our Help Center resources on tax services with Wave. I attached them for you below:

• Clark_222Clark_222 Member Posts: 2

I got an email saying that Wave can now handle my tax deposits for 2021 but I do not see anything in the settings. I am in Colorado. Please advise.

• Naples_PedsNaples_Peds Member Posts: 1

I have been having an issue with 941 filings in the past year, now I do not see our 4th quarter completed and sent yet, how can help me with this? Also, today is the last day to review the W-2 forms, however I have not been able to preview them yet as it keeps saying processing, why is this?

Hello @Clark_222 !

Can you confirm which email you are referring to? After taking a look on the back end, I can see that you received an email from Wave reminding you about payroll tax payments. Instructions can be found in the email. At the time of this posting, Colorado is not eligible for tax services with Wave I'm afraid. If you have any questions or concerns, please send our support team an email or reach out on chat at your earliest convenience so one of our agents can assist you further.

Hey @Naples_Peds !

After taking a closer look on the back end, I can see that one of our payroll agents assisted you with this via chat. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach back out! :smile:

• Clark_222Clark_222 Member Posts: 2

See the screenshot below for the email I received.. It must have been sent in error.

• HMPatterson115HMPatterson115 Member Posts: 1

I got an email last month saying that "For no extra charge, Wave can now automate payroll tax payments and filings for your business, saving you hours of work!" But I am in Missouri which is not on your list on this website. Which is it? You can or you can't? Any timeline for rolling it out in Missouri if in fact that's still not possible?

• MJ_1MJ_1 Member Posts: 2

How do I disable FUTA / Form 940 settings? I believe my filing information is incorrect. Thank you

Hey @Clark_222 and @HMPatterson115 !

After doing some digging, it turns out that the email you are referring to is related to an email sent in error on Dec 8th, encouraging employers to apply for tax services even though they aren't in the 14 states we offer tax services for. Our Marketing Team will be reaching out to affected users to clarify the issue. I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion!

Hello @MJ_1 !

For next steps, please reach out to our payroll support via a ticket request or live chat to assist you with your inquiry. They can shed some light on tax filing and payments.

edited January 15, 2021
  • Kathryncee123Kathryncee123 Member Posts: 2

When you say you handle tax payments via subscription, (I am in Florida), does that mean you pay the monthly 941 tax deposits or it’s that Wave provides the amounts, and I make the monthly deposit via EFTPS?

• LauraHMLauraHM Member Posts: 4

I need to pay wave for filing 1099 NEC and I can't see where I do that. I received an email with instructions on how to make the payment, but that instructions don't match what I see on my end. This should be more user friendly. When you charge me for your service make a button that says pay here or something so I can pay you rights away for your services. Now I don't know if wave have actually summited time sensitive forms or not. Very frustrating.
    Laura

Update, I just realized that wave wants to charge me for a payroll monthly subscription in order to send two 1099 forms (value at $10 total). You should have explained that from the very beginning not 3 days after I summited forms to you. this is very deceiving. NO WHERE IT SAID THAT IN ORDER TO FILE FORMS 1099 NEC TO IRS I HAD TO PURCHASE FROM YOU A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION!!!!
    I don't know if you have actually submitted my forms or not to the IRS, there is no number to call, no customer service, just a bot on the chat section.
    Please let me know how I can pay you for your submission of two 1099 NEC forms to IRS.
    Thanks

edited January 29, 2021
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Kathryncee123 , if you're located in Florida, the payments we make are IRS-WH (Federal Income Tax, Social Security, Medicare), IRS-FUTA (Federal Unemployment Insurance Tax) and Reemployment Tax. For 941s, we specifically handle the tax filing.

Hi @LauraHM , I totally understand your frustration about this although I am glad to see however that you were able to get in touch with one of our agents over ticket who sorted this all out for you. If you do have any further questions, please reach out through our chatbot and one of our agents would be more than happy to help.

• LoveMywork321LoveMywork321 Member Posts: 1

I was a employee back in January 2020 to March 2020 and I have not gotten my W-2 form from my employer. Who do I need to contact to get my W2's? LoveMywork321

edited February 6, 2021

Hey @LoveMywork321 , please reach out to your employer who will have to generate this for you on your behalf.

• AdjustNYAdjustNY Member Posts: 2
    Can Wave Payroll remit deducted retirement funds and send them directly to my Fidelity IRA each payroll?

Hey @AdjustNY , as it turns out this isn't something that we support at the moment.

• BlueFigArtisanBlueFigArtisan Member Posts: 1

Hi Alex! Will other States be added (michigan) to the line up anytime soon?

• DatahelperDatahelper Member Posts: 1

Wave Payroll can't do FEDERAL taxes if you are not in one of the listed states? Why is that?

Hello @BlueFigArtisan !

We do plan on supporting other states for tax services in the future. When this will be and what states we plan on supporting is still up in the air and we don't have an ETA available at this time. However, feel free to keep an eye on this Help Center article for updates.

Hey @Datahelper !

In any state where Wave Payroll doesn't offer automated payroll tax payments and filings yet, Wave will calculate your taxes owing (viewable by navigating to ** Payroll** > Taxes) and you can generate your W-2 and W-3 forms at year end (by navigating to Payroll > Tax Forms).

You would be responsible for making your payroll tax payments and generating and filing all applicable federal, state and local forms manually outside of Wave.

Here are a few pages you might find helpful for more info and filing resources:

Each state varies in how and where state taxes must be paid. For this reason, I would reach out to your state and ask for specific resources on where to file and how to pay.

While I can't offer you an estimated date for when Wave's automated payroll tax payments and filings will become available for other states, our tax team is constantly working on adding our service to additional states.