Uploading your receipt for accounting purposes

2»

Comments

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @Technowhiz_1 ,thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear that there was an accidental delete here. Just so you know, your receipts should still be in your Wave account, even if you deleted the app! If you reinstall it and login under the same name, you should be able to see those receipts there still. Thanks for your feedback on this process; I'll be sure to mention this to our team!

edited June 2, 2020
  • Technowhiz_1Technowhiz_1 Member Posts: 7

Couldn't get the receipts and now the App wants me to login username and password each time I go into the App.

Can we get on the phone? please email me.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi again @Technowhiz_1 , thanks for getting back here. It sounds like if there are missing receipts and login issues, some app troubleshooting might be needed. I'll put some troubleshooting ideas below. If these don't resolve the issue, please submit a Support ticket, where the Support team can investigate your particular issue more thoroughly.

• Try closing and re-launching the app.
    • Log out and back into the app.
    • Check to make sure that you're connected to a cellular data or WiFi network.
    • Ensure that you've turned on permissions from the settings menu of your device.
    • Uninstall and reinstall the app on your device.
    • Restart your device.
  • Technowhiz_1Technowhiz_1 Member Posts: 7

I uninstalled and reinstalled the App on my device but the receipts were deleted with the uninstall. Had Wave put a help file explaining that "sync" issues can be resolved by logging out and back in through the App by putting references to this in your help files I'd still have them.
    Go ahead, type "sync" in your Help files and you'll understand.

In the meantime I'll keep on looking for the physical receipts I still have and re-input them.

• CandelaCandela Member Posts: 1
    It says device is offline which it isn’t
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Candela , please delete your Receipts app and re-download it. Also try logging in and out of the app to see if this helps.

• JayWhatCanISayJayWhatCanISay Member Posts: 1

Why do we have to "manually" post to accounting.... this should be something that the system does automatically. What if I have 10 plus receipts , I have to manually try to remember where I left off and then manually press post to accounting for each one, this is a unnecessary inconvenience

• mishtcmishtc Member Posts: 18

This statement in the directions above: "Receipts will default to your business's currency," is not true. My business is set to CAD, and it used to be fine, but starting this week, every single receipt I upload defaults to USD. I know I can change it, but it's extra clicks and is terribly annoying when it is a new problem. I shouldn't have to correct the receipt currency back to my businsess currency with every single receipted transaction.

Hey @mishtc , can you confirm that the account that you're uploading it to is not in USD? If the account which was set up in your Chart of Accounts is in USD then it doesn't matter what currency you select as the amount in the account has to be represented by a USD amount.

Let us know!

• mishtcmishtc Member Posts: 18

@AlexL said:
    Hey @mishtc , can you confirm that the account that you're uploading it to is not in USD? If the account which was set up in your Chart of Accounts is in USD then it doesn't matter what currency you select as the amount in the account has to be represented by a USD amount.

Let us know!

We don't have any USD accounts, and everything in our Chart of Accounts is in CAD. It didn't used to happen, just started being the default for all receipts being uploaded as USD last month.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @mishtc !

I'm sorry to hear that. I tried this in a test account on my end and I wasn't experiencing the same issue. We may need to escalate your case to investigate further. Before doing so, do you mind providing us with some more information such as screenshots, the method you are using for the receipt upload, etc. The more information you can provide us the better. I look forward to your response!

• j_HKj_HK Member Posts: 6

@mishtc said:

@AlexL said:

Let us know!

We don't have any USD accounts, and everything in our Chart of Accounts is in CAD. It didn't used to happen, just started being the default for all receipts being uploaded as USD last month.

same issue here!
    my business is set up in HKD and some receipts when scanned are put as USD... some, not all....

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @j_HK !

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. As mentioned in my reply to mishtc, do you mind sharing some screenshots of what you are seeing on your end. Also, can you clarify the method used when uploading your receipts along with any other additional information you are able to share. This will help us investigate your case. I look forward to hearing from you.

• j_HKj_HK Member Posts: 6

Hi @JulianP
    I appreciate you getting back to me.
    I'm not sure screenshots will give you what you need: you will see a screenshot of an invoice marked as USD before I confirm to post it to the accounting, that's about it.... I'm happy to give you some access to my settings somehow but again, I'm not sure just looking at it will give you the insight to understand the problem. Perhaps if I can capture such a case and you have access, I can point you to it (?).
    I invite you to set up a test business with a base in Hong Kong and the business currency as HKD, and connect to it through the receipt app.
    once the receipt is scanned and moved to "review" sometimes (50%) the software will mark the currency (at the bottom of the receipt page before "post to accounting" in USD, though my business is in HK$ (and set as such in the software) and my receipts never mention US$ just $. Maybe the software assumes that any $ is US$?

Hey @j_HK , your comment about the system picking up the $ sign and assuming it's USD may definitely be possible. I'm gonna escalate this to the team so that they're aware of it, but in the meantime please just ensure that the HKD currency is being selected so that things are appearing correctly in your Wave account.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

• JensonAJensonA Member Posts: 1

Am I able to see the receipts that are uploaded by other users?

• NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

Hey @JensonA Yes! Once a receipt has been uploaded onto a business, all users who has access to the business will be able to view receipts uploaded under Purchases > Receipts page (or on the mobile app). However, there's no information that indicates which user uploaded which receipt. If you'd like a way to know which user uploaded it, I recommend leaving a note of the uploader's name in the "Notes" section when verifying receipts details.