How to edit your business information

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to edit your business information

To edit your business information such as your address, follow these steps:

Click on your business name in the top left corner of your screen. Click Manage your profile in the drop-down menu.
Clic...

Read the full story here

edited May 22, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• DNjoguDNjogu Member Posts: 1
    How do I add email address onto the business contact information which shows in invoices and receipts created? I can't seem to find a field for email. :/
  • JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@DNjogu There currently isn't a defined field for email address on the personal information section for invoices.. but my suggestion (for the time being) is that you enter in the email address in the Address Line 2 field. I understand that this might not be entirely ideal for you in this particular situation, and it's something that may be added in the future -- but we don't have any immediate plans in doing so right now.

• yashovardhan99yashovardhan99 Member Posts: 2

Is there an option to have a business name in the wave account different from the business name in the invoice?
    Suppose I want the business name to be 'Freelancer' and the same in the invoice to read my name?

Hey @yashovardhan99. If you edit the business name on the invoice itself, it will completely change the business name on your account in general as well. In this case, it's technically not possible to edit this without altering your business name.

edited July 3, 2019
  • yashovardhan99yashovardhan99 Member Posts: 2

Hey @JamieD Is there a possibility that such an option would be introduced in the future. Would be really helpful for Sole proprietors and freelancers. (Suppose I have my account name Freelancing and the name on the invoice can be my actual name). This is the #1 reason I don't actually send the invoices generated by wave to anyone.

@yashovardhan99. Potentially something that's added in the future, but one thing you could do is create a separate business so that you have it setup for your Freelancing as well as the actual business itself. I know it's not ideal, but it's something to consider for the time being.

• OfficeOffice Member Posts: 5

There is no pen icon to the right of the business name.

@Office Is this a business that you are a collaborator on? Or is it actually a business that you have ownership access to in Wave? If you could send me a screenshot I would be happy to further investigate this for you here.

• supersheesupershee Member Posts: 1

Doesn't work, just presents address for Personal, not for linked Business Account. There seems to be now way to change this for biz profiles!

• MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

Hi @supershee, welcome to the Wave community! Are you clicking into the Businesses tab on the Manage your profile menu? Does your screen look like the image below?

Edit Biz

• AugustAugust Member Posts: 2

What about the 'Personal' Business, it has not pencil edit icon next to it. My account account page shows the same thing, are you not able to edit this business?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @August

If you'd like to change your Personal info, Select the **_Personal account > Manage your profile > Personal information > And here is where you can change that info if you need to!

Hopefully this helps.

• AugustAugust Member Posts: 2

I have updated my personal information, identifying my country as the USA. But it is still showing my personal bank accounts in Euoros. How can I change this?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @August . The currency of your Wave business will always be based in the currency you set it up with when you first created the business. Even if you change the country, because the business was set up in Euros, you can't change it. The best way to deal with this would be to recreate your Wave business making the country the US and the currency USD.

• aalexhaalexh Member Posts: 1

Hi AlexL,

Just now I tried setting up a new wave account with a different email. There was never a prompt from wave to select the country for my account. It seems to make the original 'Personal' account default to Europe and the EURO because I am physically in Europe at the moment, it must find that from the URL.

When I set up additional businesses I see the option to set the currency from the start, though notice it can not be changed later, I'm not sure why it can not be changed later?

Is there a way to make my original account set to the USA and US dollars? My business is real estate and all the properties the bank accounts are in the US even though I am in Europe.

Thank you for any help.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @aalexh! Thanks for reaching out here! If you are traveling and trying to set up a Wave account, it will try to auto-detect the currency & country. Once the currency is set for a business, it is not able to be changed. This is due to implications that come with changing the currency of a business after data and transactions have been entered - trying to convert everything to the new business currency would cause issues. Wave uses a currency convertor to calculate the currency rates each day. If you were to change currency halfway through a year, the currency rate for that day would be used which may be stronger or weaker than usual. It also may be different to the currency rate set by your bank. At this time, it is something that the platform can't handle. If you want your original account to be USD/US location, what you could do is set the additional business you created with USD/US location as your 'default' business. You can click here to see how to do this. You can also archive a business if you no longer want to use it.

• Koffie_zaKoffie_za Member Posts: 1

Good day. I am looking to change Options like Toll Free Number and fax to email etc

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Koffie_za . I'm afraid that the ability to change the names of the fields in relation to your business is not currently available.

• GenetteDuggerGenetteDugger Member Posts: 1

How do I change the Payer's TIN? The 1099-MISC has the EIN as 12-1234567, but I don't have one so I need it to be my SSN. I've looked all through the settings and can seem to figure it out.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @GenetteDugger! Can you clarify for me, are you trying to change your own TIN? If so, it would be beneficial for you to open a support ticket with the team directly, in order to address this :)

• pillapilla Member Posts: 3

how can i duplicate invoices on a monthly basis if only the date and amount sometimes change.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @pilla! You'd want to use the Duplicate feature within your invoice in order to do this! That can be found under the 'More Actions' portion of your invoice itself.

• SaraKSaraK Member Posts: 1

How do I add email address onto the business contact information which shows in invoices and receipts created? I can't seem to find a field for email. This would be really helpful for most businesses I think. Or even if I could out it in say, the Fax spot without is saying Fax: in front. (who still has a fax?) If I put it in Address 2 as suggested below it shows up in the middle of my address which is really weird. I would much rather people email me than call.

Hey there @SaraK

Appreciate your feedback here. I've brought this up to the sales-devs to see what they say. I'll update if I hear back from them. Thanks again.

• AB96AB96 Member Posts: 3

Hi there,

For some reason my business is in the collaborator tab, but I am the only one with access to the account. How do I move it to the main tab so that i can edit the information?

Thanks,

Hey there @AB96

I see that you've created your account under a different email than the one you're reaching out from in our community. An email ending in talent vs content may be your actual log in email!

When you add a user by selecting the business name at the top left > manage your profile emails and connected accounts > add email this creates another business owner email. This gives some absolute equal power over the account. They can do virtually every action that you can do in Wave.

It also happens to share the same password. So with that being said, if you've granted someone else permission by using this method, and they've added their account and created a new password for the account, then everyone shares that new password. You will want to do a password reset, or reach out to your business partner on the account to create a generic password you can all share.

Moreover, if you'd like to add users with User Permissions feel free to do this under Settings > User management > Add users as Admin. This will give your user their own log in with their own password and create nearly full permissions while keeping one business owner the sole owner of the account.

Let me know if you are still having troubles with this.

@BarsinA Thank you for your response. So I no longer have access to the clikscontent.com email. How can I move my account onto my current email?

Thanks!

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@AB96 The Email address field in the log-in is more like a username, which means although you might not have access to your email, if you know the password, then you can still log-in. Once you are in the account you should be able to change the primary email address to the new email. If you don't remember the password, then this might get slightly more complicated, and in that event, let us know and we can see what we can do to help!

@JordanD right, so now I remember why I didn't do this a year ago when I first came across the issue. I don't remember the password, and by not having access to the email account I couldn't do a password recovery.

• Jitendra_SahuJitendra_Sahu Member Posts: 2

I want to edit the business name (Title), Can anyone please help me with this? I am able to edit business information but don't find any pencil icon beside business name. Thanks