Guide to receipts by Wave (iOS/Android)

Comments

• Hair_by_Justine_1987Hair_by_Justine_1987 Member Posts: 1
    I have used the receipt app for years and it is all of a sudden not working
  • kuroikuroi Member Posts: 1

hi the app will not let my reciepts info be automatically scanned (can only manual input everything). I toggled the "capture details" section but it said i have no wifi connection (untrue because i checked and other apps are working). Any advice? I recently switched from android to ios

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Hair_by_Justine_1987! Can you let me know a little more about the issues you're seeing? I'd love to help!

@kuroi I'm sorry to hear that! Have you tried logging out and then back in to the application itself? I'd love to know any further context you have around this, as well as any troubleshooting you've already done, so we can dig into this together.

• ArnoutBerkenboschArnoutBerkenbosch Member Posts: 1
    I'm exploring wave at the moment for my organisation yet I cannot find the Android app for wave receipts. I can't find it in the google app store (only the I voicing app is there) and when I follow the link on your website to the android app store it gives an error. Is it temporarily unavailable? When will it be back online?
  • Business_OwnerBusiness_Owner Member Posts: 2

There doesn't seem to be an app for Android, I signed up today, but if I can't scan receipts I can't use this software. The QR codes directs to a New York Times articles not to an App download.

• FinkleanEinhornFinkleanEinhorn Member Posts: 2

Your very own Wave Receipts QR code on your very own website for the Wave receipts ap is a dead link. The only Wave ap available is the Wave invoicing ap and there is no Camera Icon nor links to receipts on the Wave invoice ap at all. I know this is going to sound cray cray crazy but why not just have the 1 ap for receipts and invoices...mic drop.

When you are waiting to reconcile accounts and can't scan receipts or invoices then Wave just added a billion dog years to my bookkeeping which hopefully won't happen because you understand this issue has been raised days before by people much more patient than I.

• tracycoops78tracycoops78 Member Posts: 1

I'm frustrated that there doesn't seem to be an Android app after all but relieved I'm not crazy for not being able to find it. My longwinded work around is to scan with CamScanner, upload to a folder in Dropbox and then go to my laptop to upload to Wave. Another option, with fewer steps, would be to share via email from CamScanner.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @ArnoutBerkenbosch @Business_Owner @FinkleanEinhorn . Although the receipts app isn't available on the Google Play store, it is available as a QR code through the following web page: https://www.waveapps.com/receipts .

I just tried accessing the download and it looks like it does still in fact work. If you're still having trouble, please try closing and restarting both your browser and the QR app and accessing again. If the issue still persists, please send screenshots of what you're seeing on your end.

• Business_OwnerBusiness_Owner Member Posts: 2

@AlexL as you can see from 3 users, there is a problem, which your IT should have identified, but I was able to identify it. First, you need to add your app to the Google Play store, because the QR reader will not work at all. It will continue to direct users to the last place they used on their phone.

I manually typed in the address from the QR reader and was told that the site was blocked by Google because it was not an authorized APK and could harm my phone. I actually had to change the settings on my phone to install it, but for the average user, you are going to lose a LOT of Android users if you don't fix this issue, because we shouldn't have to be our own IT people and it is not good business sense -- there are in fact more Android users than iPhone users.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Business_Owner

You may or may not have seen this previous thread that explains a bit further what the issue is with our android app. I gave an explanation when someone asked me why the app wasn't on the play store so I'll reiterate it again below!

Pardon the technical jargon, but just wanted to clarify the issue we ran into with our app in the Google Play store and how its removal was not a security related matter.

Our Receipts app was built to support Android hardware with 32 bit architectures. The current version doesn't have 64 bit support, which prevents it from meeting a hard requirement for distribution in the Google Play Store. We've decided in the interim, to host the app ourselves in order to have the flexibility of providing bug fixes and security updates for existing users. We are looking at rolling out a new Receipt scan experience with 64 bit support which would replace the existing Receipts app once available.

Hopefully this makes sense and don't hesitate to reach out if you have other questions regarding this!

Hope this give a bit of insight why it's not on the play store at the moment.

• elviskingelvisking Member Posts: 4

Thank you BarsinA for the explanation. However, the QR code link to the apk does not work. It just doesn't work. It doesn't link to anything which I can use to scan receipts. I'm going to be emailing them in in the meantime and hope that the app is available in google play soon.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @elvisking , thanks for getting back! We've confirmed on the back end that the QR code link should be functioning properly. If it isn't working for you, it may be a device specific issue, a browser issue, or a QR code app issue. I would recommend the following troubleshooting to help with these factors:

DEVICE

• turn off your device & then turn it back on
    • ensure that your device's Settings allow for third-party downloads from the Internet (likely in Security or Privacy - but your phone provider will be best able to guide on those specifics)
    • ensure that your phone is set to native settings, e.g. native keyboard, as using third-party versions can cause issues elsewhere on the device
    • ensure your Internet connection is fast & secure
    • try downloading from another device to see if it works there, to help rule out if this is the cause

BROWSER

• try downloading the app from an Incognito Chrome browser window. I suggest this because Incognito has no cache, cookies, or extensions that may be blocking the connection

QR CODE APP

• uninstall/reinstall your QR code reading app
    • try a different QR code app
    • ensure your phone has enabled permissions for your QR code app(s)
  • BlueleafBlueleaf Member Posts: 1
    Not really. My question is is there possibility to add categories of purchases on the app. The choices the app gives do not incorporate materials and merchandise used in my business. Can I manually add some?
  • JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@Blueleaf Thanks for the clarification! The Receipt Mobile App aims to take the core functionality that users look to complete with receipt tracking and shrink it to fit into the mobile experience. In some cases, functionality either is too complex for the mobile app, or when scaled from a design perspective, doesn't quite suit the mobile experience. The ability to add categories is one of the areas that not only effects the receipt app but also the accounting platform through the web app. For now, the ability to add categories is too complex for the mobile experience but can be done through the web-app version of Wave and will sync to the mobile apps. If you haven't used the web-app version of Wave before, you can navigate to Waveapps.com and sign in using the same credentials that you did on mobile. Once logged in, you can navigate to Accounting > Chart of Accounts to add new expense categories there. These should then sync to the mobile app moving forward.

• plutekplutek Member Posts: 20

i've installed the Receipts App APK, downloaded via the QR code... that's all fine. the problem is that when i try to sign in to my Wave account, i only have a "reset password" option after i've put in my username and password. ...seems like there's no way to sign in without resetting my password!

later edit
    sorry, folks... my bad! :-( ...just have to hit the right-pointing arrow at the very top of the page, and ignore that big "reset password" button below the sign in boxes. a little counter-intuitive, but it's actually ok!

edited July 23, 2020
  • DarylEde_CollisDarylEde_Collis Member Posts: 3

How do I capture the receipt image as a single record if more than one page?

• Crystalclancy2020Crystalclancy2020 Member Posts: 4
    I have been unable to get receipts to move from processing to done- but they used to do it just fine. I update, click on ‘post to accounting’ and they won’t move from the processing tab. Also- it bring me to a screen that I can’t go back in the app to try to update more receipts. What is going on? Thank you!

Hey there @Crystalclancy2020

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with our App! As a start, we can go through some initial troubleshooting to see if we can help you resolve the problem.

• Try closing and re-launching the app.
    • Log out and back into the app.
    • Check to make sure that you're connected to a cellular data or WiFi network.
    • Ensure that you've turned on permissions from the settings menu of your device.
    • Restart your device.

If following these steps don't resolve the error you're experiencing, please let us know.

@BarsinA said:

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with our App! As a start, we can go through some initial troubleshooting to see if we can help you resolve the problem.

• Try closing and re-launching the app.
    • Log out and back into the app.
    • Check to make sure that you're connected to a cellular data or WiFi network.
    • Ensure that you've turned on permissions from the settings menu of your device.
    • Restart your device.

If following these steps don't resolve the error you're experiencing, please let us know.

Good morning- I tried all of these things, and still not working. It says "offline" at the top- even though I am connected to the WiFi, and have checked all of the suggestions you mention. Thanks.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi there @Crystalclancy2020 , thanks for getting back! Thanks also for trying those out. I'm sorry to hear you're still having some trouble. Would you be able to send me a screenshot of what you're seeing there? The entire screen would be best!

Can you also confirm the following for us?

• the version of the app you are using,
    • the type of device you are using,
    • some screenshots of the error you're seeing, and
    • the operating system version.

Let us know and we can go from there.

edited August 31, 2020

Hi Callie!

Yes- I attached some screen shots. One is the main page, where you can see my receipts in review, and it says "Offline" at the top. I then shared that I was trying to do a Target receipt, enter the info... and the third one is the shot from after hitting "Post to Accounting". But then it gets stuck at that screen-- you can't go back and do more receipts, you have to close the app and go back in, and then the receipt is still under review.

**the version of the app you are using,  It is Wave Receipts- I'm not sure if this is what you are asking? 
    the type of device you are using,  Iphone XR
    the operating system version.** 13.6.1 

It also says Build Number 3.8.3.1564167438 (not sure if that helps or not) in the settings.

Thank you!

Could you try turning off your cellular data and only using wifi (specifically connect to your secure wifi network and turn off the cellular network) then restart your wifi? This seems to work for some other users in THIS THREAD

That is really hard to do- with us all doing teletherapy. It would disrupt anyone online. Would uninstalling the app and reinstalling it help?

• MichaelPMichaelP Member Posts: 4

Hey, how come the receipts app for Android isn't available in the Google Play library (like it is for Apple devices)? I've got various blockers to stop me from installing apps directly from websites for security.

My phone blocked me from downloading it directly from your website. So I had to get onto a PC and download it to the local drive. Then I tried to email it to myself so I could download it on the phone. No. Gmail won't allow those types of attachments. So I uploaded to Google Drive and then downloaded it on my phone.

Ok, so it's now on my phone. So I ran it to install the app. Nope, default security settings on my phone don't allow me to install apps other than from the Google Play library. So I guess if I turned that setting off, I'd be able to install it - finally. But you know - all those safeguards have me thinking maybe i shouldn't go ahead and install.

If it was in the Google Play library I would have had it installed and ready to go a long long time ago!

• MichaelPMichaelP Member Posts: 4

@MichaelP said:
    Hey, how come the receipts app for Android isn't available in the Google Play library (like it is for Apple devices)? I've got various blockers to stop me from installing apps directly from websites for security.

My phone blocked me from downloading it directly from your website. So I had to get onto a PC and download it to the local drive. Then I tried to email it to myself so I could download it on the phone. No. Gmail won't allow those types of attachments. So I uploaded to Google Drive and then downloaded it on my phone.

Ok, so it's now on my phone. So I ran it to install the app. Nope, default security settings on my phone don't allow me to install apps other than from the Google Play library. So I guess if I turned that setting off, I'd be able to install it - finally. But you know - all those safeguards have me thinking maybe i shouldn't go ahead and install.

If it was in the Google Play library I would have had it installed and ready to go a long long time ago!

Oh. Should have read the history before I posted. I see I'm not alone :smile:

• Grace_DGrace_D Member Posts: 4
    I hope there is an option to just record our expenses manually. Not all our expenses have a receipt. This will also save us some memory in our phones. I tried uploading receipts before and it took a long time and when I downloaded a few already, the app was already non-operational due to lagging.

Hey there @Grace_D

If you haven't logged onto your www.waveapps.com web account, you can log your expenses manually here :smile:

• adam1manadam1man Member Posts: 1

Hi there, I can't see the option to use the camera in the app. I downloaded it from google play just now and I only see Wave Invoicing in the store.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @adam1man !

To clarify, did you in fact download our Receipts app or did you download our Invoicing app? As you noticed, our Receipts app is not available on the Google Play Store. However, we offer it for download directly from Wave. If you're on your Android device, you can go to https://www.waveapps.com/download-receipts-app to automatically download the app.

From the web, you can visit our Receipts product page and scan the QR code there to download the app from Wave.

Since this is a direct download from a third party (Wave) you'll need to ensure that your phone is allowing installs from sources other than the Google Play Store. I like this article from Digital Trends which goes over the basics of how to do this: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-sideload-an-apk/

I hope this helps!

• eposbridgeeposbridge Member Posts: 2

Hi there, when can we expect to download Receipts App on the Google Play Store again?