Options

Search by Dollar Amount

2»

Comments

• Options
    jpm3071jpm3071 Member Posts: 2

Guys, where are we at with this. Why isnt there feature to sort AND filter by $ amount?? This is ridiculous! My bookeeping needs twice as much time to complete!!!

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @jpm3071 . No plans to add this to the software at the moment. Can you provide me with some more insight into exactly how you'd use this feature to save yourself time when doing your bookkeeping?

Let me know.

• Options
    JEfromCanadaJEfromCanada Member Posts: 10

@AlexL,

As the originator of this thread, I am notified when anyone adds to the discussion. I can't understand why you would ask @jpm3071 about his motivation to add additional filtering criteria (in his case - and mine - filtering on AMOUNT) to the software! Have you even taken the time to read through this thread to understand why filtering is so important?

• Options
    2CasaElegante2CasaElegante Member Posts: 6

One of the first things I noticed from the upgrade is I can no longer sort my transactions by amount, then I see that others too need this feature. I need to be able to sort by AMOUNT and DESCRIPTION
    Please add this back quickly. thank you

• Options
    flashsg5flashsg5 Member Posts: 1

Wave is a financial software right. Hmmmmm people using numbers. You think that searching for a specific amount would be THE top search feature.

In addition using the bank connection feature. When a transaction is automatically entered in my business's accounting most of time the name of the vendor does not match the name on the actual receipt. So searching by a name on the receipt does not work. BUT the amount would definitely locate the transaction.

Don't delay. Get with your coders and make this search feature a priority! PLEASE.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @JEfromCanada . I have read through the thread and I see everything that's posted in it. For us to have the product team seriously consider an idea to be implemented in the software, we need our users to express an interest in a feature as well as detail how it would speed up their workflow. Real life examples let us know why a feature is important to a business owner, and without them, the feature is just another number in a long list of ideas. Just as you provided an in-depth response on February 4th as to how you would use this function and why it would help your business (which I thank you for), I was looking for the same thing from @jpm3071 . In the long run, details like this further support the addition of this feature into the software.

Thanks @2CasaElegante for the feedback. How did you used to use the sort by amount/description function in regards to your business?

edited October 30, 2019
  • Options
    JEfromCanadaJEfromCanada Member Posts: 10

@AlexL, thanks for that explanation. Now I understand that your objective was to collect as many use-cases as possible to justify the addition of the feature. I can think of a different use-case that I've encountered since you updated your reconciliation process (I'm mostly bullish about your new implementation, but it also has its issues, which I've brought to the attention of Wave CSR's). If I'm doing a reconciliation and find that I'm "out" by a certain amount, my first reaction is to look for transactions that match that amount, and for that to work efficiently, I'd like to be able to filter by AMOUNT when viewing transactions.

Let me explain a bit further. There are times when processing a bank deposit, or merging transactions (e.g. a payment entered manually along with a corresponding interac payment by a client, where I may have forgotten to "merge" the transactions) results in a duplicate transaction that affects my reconciliation. Or there are times when I pay a bill via paypal, and paypal ends up taking the payment from my bank account rather than the paypal balance, so I have to do an entry to "transfer" funds from my bank to my paypal account, and sometimes I screw this process up and it results in the creation of an unmatched transaction that affects my reconciliation.

edited October 30, 2019
  • Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @JEfromCanada

We always appreciate this kind of productive feedback as our product team is always skimming the community when implementing future updates. I apologize that we in support can't give you any timelines or promises on whether this will be implemented, but with future product feedback, this is exactly what our team is looking for. Thanks again for your contribution.

• Options
    2CasaElegante2CasaElegante Member Posts: 6

@AlexL using the sort function.
    I would use the sort function to find errors in what I entered or to merge transactions. For example, an entry comes over automatically from my bank but I can't attach the receipt (or dont know how), so I scan in the receipt -now I have 2 entries for the same expense. So I sort by amount find the 2nd item and merge the two transactions.

Also I sort by amount to see if I have entered an item twice in error.

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @2CasaElegante, thanks for taking the time to write your specific use case for this feature! I can definitely see how this would be useful to find transactions you need to merge, or that may have been duplicated in error. We appreciate your feedback :smile: