Bank account troubleshooting tips

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageBank account troubleshooting tips

If you use Payroll or Payments by Wave, you’ll need to provide your bank account information so Wave knows where to deposit or withdraw your money. If you want to connect your bank accounts to auto...

Read the full story here

edited August 24, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• Darren_Streete1Darren_Streete1 Member Posts: 3

Dear Administrator,
    As part of my Bank's log in process, not only do I need to put in the user name and password it is also expecting to selected and answer one of my security questions. However, when attempting to log on through the Wave system it does not show me the security questions for me to enter and therefore currently I am able to attach my account to this Wave Accounting app.

The bank in questions is ADIB in Dubai UAE. Is there a suggestion in how to resolve this, in this circumstance?

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin
  • Dlopez76Dlopez76 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I just setup everything for accepting credit card payments but I just wanted to make sure it will go into my account. When I setup to accept credit cards on PayPal it deposits a small amount and then I have to verify the amount before I start to get paid. Do you guys provide anything to verify like pal pal does?
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@Dlopez76 We don't send a small deposit amount to test your account, although I do see that you've sent a testing transaction of your own! If you do have any issues with this, feel free to reach out to us :smile:

• ED_Bookkeeper1450ED_Bookkeeper1450 Member Posts: 3

Hello, I'm having a problem connecting to our bank accounts. I keep getting the message:
    "Your bank wants you to view a message or request before Wave can access your transactions. Log in to your online banking and click through to your account overview page. Then try connecting to Wave again. Tip: Clear your history and turn off any ad blockers before checking your online account."

I have done everything asked of me, in the message, but still am unable to re-connect to our bank, thru Wave. I even deleted the connection and started over, but still get the above message. What else can I do?

Hi @ED_Bookkeeper1450 . Which financial institution are you trying to connect to? Can you try accessing through Chrome's Incognito Mode to see if this works?

Let me know.

I am trying to reconnect to Ent Credit Union. Not sure what you mean by "accessing through Chrome's Incognito Mode to see if this works". Accessing Wave thru the Incognito Mode? I can try, if that's what you are referring to. :)

Hey @ED_Bookkeeper1450 . That's exactly what I mean! Try it out and let us know if it works.

• DanHDanH Member Posts: 1
    Dear admin. The system is not updating Scotia account. It did it in the past but does not seem to in the last 48 hours no error message just does not update. Any reason???

Hey @DanH . If you're still having issues with the connection, please try disconnecting and reconnecting altogether to see if this re-establishes it for you.

@AlexL said:
    Hey @ED_Bookkeeper1450 . That's exactly what I mean! Try it out and let us know if it works.

No, sorry, doesn't work, still get the message. Also, since the update, I can't make multi line journal entries. Is there a different place I can go to get a regular journal entry form? All I see is the single journal entry transaction area under Transactions.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @ED_Bookkeeper1450

Have you tried logging into your bank and seeing if there is any promotion or pop up on your bank that may be hindering this communication? Sometimes what can happen is that there is a pop-up or ad on your bank's page that is blocking the communication of our third party data aggregator from actually scraping the information from your bank. Logging in incognito usually blocks these third party pop-ups, but sometimes issues can still happen here.

Regarding your journal entries, I'm not sure if you've accessed the Accounting > Transactions > More > Add journal transaction section, but this allows you to add multiple debit and credit line items.

• Hfayaz786110Hfayaz786110 Member Posts: 4
    Dear
    I have a bank account in usd while main accounting currency is euros. The rate applied to funds available in the usd account is correct when we check in the transactions menu, but when we check the same bank account in balance sheet report the eur usd rate applied is not correct, and we get a significant difference. Attached screenshots for it. Can you help plz. Thanks and regards.
  • ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Hfayaz786110! I'm actually not seeing the screenshots you'd mentioned you've attached - could you try posting them here again? Would love to try to help.

• hfayazhfayaz Member Posts: 3
    Plz download them through below link, it just show the discrepency between bank balance in balance sheet and transaction menu, which is the correct one.. thanks for yr help.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hywzg7673kxmpze/AAAown1x29IdI7Z-ZSwQqZ9ha?dl=0

Rgds

hi have you been able to see the screenshots please ? alternatively i can give you access to our account to see directly, many thanks, rgds

Hey there @hfayaz

Unfortunately we are unable to download these files via drop box for security purposes. If you'd like to simply post those transactions to this thread while covering up some important PII please don't hesitate to do this! Thank you.

Here thay are, wait for yr feedback asap thanks

Hey again,

I believe the issue here is actually your unrealized gains and losses account.

Wave uses the mid-market rates from xe.com in cases where we need to approximate the currency conversion for you. These are: calculating unrealized gains and losses on foreign exchange, approximating the foreign exchange rate when creating the second side of a foreign currency transfer, and calculating the value of receipts entered in a foreign currency.

I would take a look at this article on foreign invoices and bill and note the discrepancies that might appear in your account!

• alvin_lee325alvin_lee325 Member Posts: 1

Hi Administrator,
    I have a bank balance of USD18,254.94 as at 31 March 2020 however it was showing as SGD16,321.43. The Fx conversion was wrong. Kindly assist. Thanks

Hey there @alvin_lee325

I see that you have multiple businesses under your account with similar names. Would you mind providing with which business this is for and perhaps some additional information/screenshots of the discrepancy you're seeing? What the amounts are that you're expecting to see? Thanks so much for your cooperation!

• JustineGrzybJustineGrzyb Member Posts: 4

Hi, I can't connect my bank account to Wave. It has been working perfectly until yesterday. What do I do?

Hey @JustineGrzyb

This typically requires an investigation with our support team.

As you may already know Wave uses a 3rd party banking aggregator called Plaid to "scrape" the information securely from your banking transactions page, then convert it to a transaction in Wave. If there is an issue, Plaid will then respond to Wave support to give them a clearer idea of what is going on with this particular bank.

I do sincerely apologize that your particular bank is being affected at the moment.

Hoping you can get this resolved with our support team by submitting a ticket.

• Mohammadhassam_Mohammadhassam_ Member Posts: 9

Hello there,
    I have been using Wave for a while now. Great tool! However, there are some sales I have made that I couldn't see in wave but not in to my bank account. My bank account is Chase.

• Mohammadhassam_Mohammadhassam_ Member Posts: 9

Hello there,
    I have been using Wave for a while now. Great tool! However, there are some sales I have made that I couldn't see in wave but not in to my bank account. My bank account is Chase.

• gentlegiantedgentlegianted Member Posts: 2

Lately my credit union requires 2-step validation on my account. It is causing Wave to lose the connection to upload transactions. Is there a way around this? How are people solving this issue? Thanks

Hey @gentlegianted , I'm afraid that our data aggregator who runs these connections doesn't support 2 factor authentication. Although we don't necessarily advise it, if you want to have your account connect with your bank, you will have to disable your 2FA.

• gentlegiantedgentlegianted Member Posts: 2

yes I discovered that

• aclarkcustomsllcaclarkcustomsllc Member Posts: 5

Hello,
    I use NBKC bank and it doesnt seem to have synced transactions with my account since January, and doesnt give me any options to force it to retry.

• smoneill8smoneill8 Member Posts: 1

I have been using Wave for about a year and a half my bank account is set up to receive deposits as I only use this site for billing purposes. All was good until this last month when I sent out an invoice it was paid with a Visa yet it was NEVER deposited into my account. I have tried reaching out but can't get an actual person to respond and I keep getting this message...
    We need to talk.
    Looks like we're having difficulty verifying a few things.
    You should have received an email from our Account Management Team. The fastest way to resolve this is to respond to that email directly with all of the requested information at your earliest convenience.
    If you have not yet received an email from our Account Management Team, please reach out to our Wave Support Team here.

However, IF an email was sent I never received it as my primary email account was deleted and I no longer have access to it. I have updated my new email as primary but cannot find how to have someone resend me said email.
    This is beyond frustrating and I would just close out my account but I need to get this fixed first because I have money owed to me.