Printing Invoices and statements

RitaAbogaaRitaAbogaa Member Posts: 7

Wave does not seem to appreciate that not all customers have email addresses. It is therefore still necessary to print these documents. There doesn't seem to be an option to print statements.
The invoice print generates two pages even though the bulk of the first page and all the second page is blank.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @RitaAbogaa.

I understand how this can be frustrating. Even most of our user's clients do have internet access and email accounts, not everybody does.

A few of our users have requested the ability to print out customer statements. Could you tell me a bit more about how you use customer statements in the context of your business? With more information on the needs a request like this one would fill, we'll be able to better decide which features to build next.

As for printing invoices, after clicking on Print for a given invoice, it should bring up your printer options and allow you to choose to only print the first page. If I'm not mistaken, this is a quirk of printing directly from your web browser rather than downloading a document and printing it from your computer. You could also get around it by exporting the invoice as a PDF and printing that document, instead of printing straight from your browser.

• RitaAbogaaRitaAbogaa Member Posts: 7

Many of my customers are students who love their smart phones but don't use email. They live on WhatsApp and the like. So I need to print documents for them. A print option would be appreciated.

I appreciate your comments regarding printing one page documents. All fine as long as you remember.

This might be helpful to you then, @RitaAbogaa. You can actually send invoices from your own smartphone through WhatsApp(if you have it), or even through text message. You have to do it through the Wave Invoice app, but it can be done.

If you want more information on that, let me know and I'll tell you how to do it.

Noted thanks.

• MaggieMaeMaggieMae Member Posts: 2

I'm sure that more than a few users want to be able to print statements. Something a simple as printing a statement should be basic to any program of this type.

• Dirk_LombardDirk_Lombard Member Posts: 1

How can I export a Statement to PDF like I do with Invoices?
    Need to send the Statement together with Invoices to Clients. They then print these out for sign-off. Even if I send them the link to the Statement, they can then not print it on their side.

Wave writers seem to think that everyone in the world has email. This is not the case and it is essential that there is a PRINT facility for all documents. I also don't like the idea of sending a link. A .pdf is more suitable. It can be kept by the recipient and printed on paper if required.

The"Receipts" feature is great, but it could be improved with a tighter link to the transaction. It should also be available for income items. Dividends received for instance. A search facility will be needed when the number of receipts grows.

• MitsMits Member Posts: 11

Can we add a feature to print the invoice directly from the mobile app? Currently we have to attach a pdf and send the copy of invoice to self and then we can print it. This is a bit lengthy process. Actually in practice when customer is in front of us, we generally don't have that much of time to wait and nowadays, many people in business are using mobile apps on their tablets for the convenience of employees and they have their wifi printers connected for printing.

• TRECproTRECpro Member Posts: 2

We have a number of older clients that will not honor an invoice sent via email. They want it printed. I really need a way to print large numbers of invoices, statements, and envelopes once a month.

I would like an option in a clients billing information for their preferred billing method. On the invoices page, it would be great to be able to select by filter and print all. Same with statements and envelopes if that was an option.

Some companies provide all of this as a paid service so I don't have to touch it, but none of those work with wave. I would be willing to pay wave, stuffing envelopes by hand is time-consuming.

Thank you, @TRECpro, for giving us your feedback. I can't make any promises as to whether or not those features will be implemented, but feedback from Wavers has a real impact on how we choose which feature to build next for Wave.

• DaluClinicDaluClinic Member Posts: 3
    Printing invoice is such a pain. Especially If you're using your mobile app. This is when you spending so much more time with the technique than with paper and pen. I have experienced everything the previous commenters have. Please consider adding printing function to the app!
  • ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

Hi @DaluClinic thank you for adding your voice to the conversation! While this is not in place yet, I will be sure to advocate for you and any other interested users when bring this up to our Product Team!

• Mr_HalesMr_Hales Member Posts: 1

I just want to add my voice to the chorus. The majority of our customers are elderly and they want a bill in the mail for which they will write a paper check. We need a bulk print option for invoices so we can mail them. Or, alternately, an export to a multi-page PDF made up of all of our invoices that we could then print.

Thanks.

• bookartistbookartist Member Posts: 3

Another vote here for the ability to print out statements. It's critical for me.

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Thank you all again for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it.

• spellerptspellerpt Member Posts: 1

Most of my clients are elderly and printing is essential. I don't have an assistant so printing through emailing to myself is very the consuming. I love your app otherwise! Please add this feature asap!

• AdyvdPAdyvdP Member Posts: 2

I have a bunch of freelance workers who invoice me daily for work done. They need to be able to hook up to a printer from their mobile device and print out the invoice for my signature. Currently, there is no option to print from the mobile app? Please could ypou add this feature to the mobile app.
    Thanks

• AndyFromWaveAndyFromWave Member Posts: 7 admin

Hi everyone, thank you for the feedback.

For Customer Statements, although Wave does not have the ability to print directly through the interface, you can use your web browser's incognito feature as a workaround. To do so, select the customer and the dates applicable then click on the 'Send' button. Copy the URL from the "Share URL" field and open the link in your browser's incognito window. You can then print using the browser's print function (Command + P on Mac or Ctrl + P on PC).

For Invoice by Wave mobile app users, you can either email the invoice (with PDF attached), then open the PDF to print. You can also access the Invoices list using the device's mobile browser (By logging into Waveapps.com) and print by clicking on the applicable Invoice's 'Actions' menu and select 'Print'.

• WhiteGloveWhiteGlove Member Posts: 9

Hello, I also would like to request the option to print an invoice - or at least create a PDF right from Wave. I don't know why this feature was not built in, as accounting most definitely requires printing capabilities. Not only for customers but also for record keeping, etc. I am currently having to email the invoice or statement to myself while checking the "Send as PDF" box, then download it and print from there. That's too many steps. Please add a "Print" button directly from the Invoices and Statements sections.

• PelicanLandscapingPelicanLandscaping Member Posts: 1

This is the stupidest thing I have ever come across!! I was so excited to use this program, and telling other people they should use it. But the fact that there is no way to print invoices is a completely moronic choice!! I shall no longer be using this program!!!

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @WhiteGlove and @PelicanLandscaping, if you log into the browser version of Wave and select the invoice you want to export as a PDF, you can simply click "More Actions" > Export as PDF (rather than CCing yourself and selecting the option to send as a PDF). Under the More Actions dropdown, you'll also see the option to print directly from the invoice page.

• Mike_C1Mike_C1 Member Posts: 14

I think PelicanLandscaping is rather hard on Wave. The "More Actions" gives plenty of scope for invoice printing. Print to PDF is useful and will mark your invoice as "Sent" for you at the same time. Printing the invoice after receipt of the payment also can be sent as a receipt. Don't dump it yet PelicanLandscaping it's really a very good program.

• SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

thanks @Mike_C1, that's really kind of you! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts :)

• mndmnd Member Posts: 1

Most of my customers insist on receiving both paper invoices and statements through the mail so for me Wave is not an option until they provide that functionality. No one else has mentioned this but wouldn't it also be nice to be able to format those invoices and statements so that windowed envelopes could be used rather than having to print an envelope as well as the invoice/statement!

• Stone_Castle_FarmsStone_Castle_Farms Member Posts: 5

Recently our broadband internet went down on a delivery day at our farm. We have to print out all invoices to be signed on receipt of the products otherwise the accountants for the restaurants will not pay. So the only option was to try to generate and print the invoices from my mobile. Firstly, the invoice App is PAINFULLY SLOW to use! Secondly, there is no print function. To print from the browser is very time-consuming as one has to first find the invoice which you want to print (an unnecessary step if you could print straight from the app) and then print. A lot of scrolling up and down and zooming in and out is required to navigate the site from the browser as it has obviously not been optimized for a mobile screen. Needless to say, all this faffing around made it impossible to get all the invoices generated and printed in time for the deliveries to leave. Usually, I can print all the invoices and have time left to help with the packing. On this day I didn't have time to help with the packing and the van left late. We ended up having to deliver to many clients with handwritten delivery notes. The accountants only pay on signed invoices so we had to wait for a week to exchange the delivery notes for signed invoices which means our payments were deferred for a week. A print function from the App would be extremely helpful and it would help if the App worked faster.

Another problem is not being able to simply print statements. Our clients want printed statements and sometimes when there is a query from an accountant we want to be able to print out the statement so that we can work from a hard copy when investigating the transaction history.

Thank you for an otherwise good product. We hope your developers will take the above into consideration when improving your product.

• Mike_C1Mike_C1 Member Posts: 14

I agree, Statements are a must.

• GarwoodGarwood Member Posts: 3

The only way I can print invoices is from my pc, neither my Galaxy nor motorola tab will print? I get the drop down menu on invoice screen but when I hit print it doesnt do anything? This is rather a problem since I need to print invoices in the field after work is complete. If I can't get it to work then I'll have to go back to handwritten invoices making Wave of no real use to me! Is it back to old school and a waste of $400 on a new portable printer! If so no sweat just ready to make way either way!
    P.s. phone and tablet print just fine from all my apps straight to HP OJ200 using wifi direct and HP printer plug in app.

• GarwoodGarwood Member Posts: 3

Sorry, continued. I am able to export invoice as PDF and then print successfully from that but the invoice in that format looks as if a child came up with it! I am a small business but the companies I am invoicing are multi-billion dollar gas companies so having credit card on-line payment methods with pictures of different credit cards is entirely embarrassing to say the least! When I print them straight from the invoice without exporting as PDF they fit the aura much better for my field services. No offense but it looks more like what i'd expect to get from my gardener or house maid service and not something I would get from someone coming out to fix a $400,000 well head (btw we do also offer landscape construction and maintenance which is our favorite work) so seriously no offense and to those clientele This format is fitting!

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi all, thanks so much for this feedback as well as explaining your use cases. This helps us get a better understanding of why we should be adding these features to Wave.