Mysterious ghost transaction showing as uncategorized income

pinpointpinpoint Member Posts: 2

See attached screenshots. I think this happened after I'd recorded a payment for an invoice, but now there's a hidden transaction for $200 categorized as "Uncategorized Income" that I can't find or delete. Clicking the Uncategorized Income link brings me to zero transactions found. Is this something you can clear on your end?

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @pinpoint! Thanks for providing all that detail! It's super helpful for us to help diagnose any issues. I've checked on the back end here to make sure your data is being displayed correctly and made a few tweaks! Can you log into your Wave account and see if that has helped to correct the issue? If not, let us know!

• pinpointpinpoint Member Posts: 2

Yes, that took care of it. Thank you so much!

• cboudreaucboudreau Member Posts: 5

I have the same issue. I have a mysterious $-144.74 "Uncategorized Income" transaction in July 2019 that I can't view or delete.

I've looked through all my transactions from July 2019 and don't see where this could be coming from.

Is this something you can clear on your end?

@EmmaP , can you help with this issue?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @cboudreau . I checked your data on our end to see if everything is displaying correctly and I made a tweak which may help you out. Feel free to take a look to see if it worked, but if you're still seeing issues then let me know and we can dig into this further for you!

@AlexL , yep, everything looks good now - phantom "Uncategorized Income" entry no longer appears.

Thank you so much!

• BasketNBasketN Member Posts: 1

Hi @AlexL, I am having the same issue here. please help me look into it. thanks

• KHCKHC Member Posts: 3

I have a Same issue for my account in March. Still not resolved

I have a Same issue for my account in March. Still not resolved

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @KHC . Can you take a look to see if the tweak I made has fixed your issue?

Let me know.

The matter had been resolved. Thanks

• HazaziHazazi Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,

I have the same issue. Please help.

Thanks in advance
  • JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Hazazi I've made some changes on your specific business that had some incorrect data displaying, it should be resolved now! Could you please let us know if you are still experiencing problems with this?

• HazaziHazazi Member Posts: 2
    Hi @JamieD . I'd checked at our end and everything looks good! Thank you for kind assistance!

@AlexL ,

This happened again for me.

This time it is under my "Personal" transactions. "Uncategorized Income" shows as $1,000 but when I click through I see no transaction with that category.

Can you clear this for me?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @cboudreau! I've looked into your account and it looks like your data should be in a good spot. Are you still seeing issues with this uncategorized income at present? Would love to try to help as best as I can!

@ConnorM ,

All looks better now. Thank you for your help!

• albertgalangalbertgalang Member Posts: 1

Hi anyone can assist me on the same issue. I have an uncategorized income in my income statement but there is no data linked to it.
    Thank you in advance.

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @albertgalang It appears that some of your Wave pages might not be communicating with each other, and this is why you are seeing discrepancies in the numbers between different pages. When you enter data into your Wave account, that data flows into our system and flows back out to the interface, appearing to you as the correct info. If what you see isn't what you entered in, this means the data didn't flow through the system properly, but it's still in there somewhere - so we trigger a reflow to make it flow into the interface the way it was entered!

I triggered what we call a 'reflow' (explained below) on your account, and it showed that your account was in need of this! The reports and accounts should be properly connected within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to reflow.

If, after that time the accounts are still off, please let me know and we can go from there.

• DJKDJK Member Posts: 1

Hello,

I appear to be experiencing the same phantom negative uncategorized income entry.

I believe my uncategorized income should actually be +$100 based on the entry I see when I click-thru (with which I agree).

Thanks for your help!

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @DJK

It appears that some of your Wave pages might not be communicating with each other, and this is why you are seeing discrepancies in the numbers between different pages.

I have gone ahead and run what we call a "reflow" on your account. This is a back end process that will ensure that your account is in a good state and that all the numbers presented to you are accurate.

If the reflow is triggered and the account appears to be in a bad state. The system will automatically work behind the scenes to get your account back to a good place.

Reach out if you're still having any issues with your numbers!

• AussieAussieAussieAussie Member Posts: 10

Hi @BarsinA Thanks for your help. all good

edited May 19, 2020
  • sbegreensbegreen Member Posts: 1

Can someone help me too please? I have $75.79 in Uncategorized Income that I am unable to locate.

@BarsinA @JordanD ? Thanks a lot.

• joyloo124joyloo124 Member Posts: 4

@BarsinA @JordanD @AlexL @EmmaP @ConnorM

I encountered the same problem too. Please see the screenshot. Kindly help me to do the reflow, its kinda urgent. Thanks!

and it appeared to have different "Uncategorized Income" amount at different reports. Please help. my business account login ID is avocadian.my@Gmail.com

edited July 8, 2020
  • ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @sbegreen and @joyloo124! Thanks for reaching out here. I've taken a look into the data flow on both of your accounts, and have located and fixed up an error that was preventing your data from appearing correctly. Please let us know if that doesn't work out, and we can take a closer look!

• etanetan Member Posts: 3

Hi @BarsinA @JordanD @AlexL @EmmaP @ConnorM, I'm having the exact same issue described in this thread. I had to delete a duplicate income transaction for $9,752.50, and now I have this uncategorized income of -$9,752.50 that I can't track down and is impacting my reports.

edited August 6, 2020

Hi @BarsinA @JordanD @AlexL @EmmaP @ConnorM, can some one please help me? See my comment above

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi there @etan , thanks for your message! Thanks for your patience as we work through unusually high volumes of requests. I tried a reflow on your account, but it proved not to be the issue. Would you be able to provide a screenshot of your issue and walk me through the steps you've taken to try and identify this issue so far? Let us know and we can go from there.

@CallieP I think someone else on your support team already fixed it. Thanks

• MamdMamd Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    Having exact same problem as all on this thread. Could someone please have a look.
    Thanks