Why is my bank unable to import transactions?

Comments

• leoduanleoduan Member Posts: 1

I was connecting wave with RBC fine, but the new connection interface is just keep asking me to input my validation questions over and over again.

My tangerine business banking connection failed to, there is no option to input both business client # and personal client # any more.

Are you guys planning to fix these issues or maybe roll back to previous version of data connection?

• UnhappycanuckUnhappycanuck Member Posts: 2

Well, Based on all the feedback below, and bizarre answers from the support group its clear that your new bank import provider isnt working. Everything was working fine until you changed providers, we used to be able to refresh connections and pull transactions. I haven't had anything since Jan 10th. Exporting credentials manually will be a pain in the ass, Id pay to have this feature actually work... but doesn't look like wave sees this as their issue.

• MartinKMartinK Member Posts: 5

Same issue on my end with RBC connection. No imports since Jan 21st. Clearly there are issues with this new banking connection feature and the standard line of "Transactions are imported as they are received" is clearly not the case. I believe WAVE should really take this feedback seriously and develop a manual import feature ASAP.

• 1moreunhappycustomer1moreunhappycustomer Member Posts: 2

Another one here, really I have no clue why you would want to change something that is working fine...., I have the same problems from all people below, don't see my transactions, so really thinking on paying my accountant and move away from Wave once and for all...I am exporting everything out of Wave.

• a_iantornoa_iantorno Member Posts: 5

My RBC accounts are connected but I have not received any transactions since Jan 20, 2020. Ever since Wave was purchased things have been going down hill. I need answers as to why this is happening. I have been very patient with Wave through there updates and changes but this is ridiculous. Are you wanting your clients to leave and use another product?

• BruceMBruceM Member Posts: 5

Like others, I am connected to my bank accounts and I know Wave is accessing them because I get text alerts. However, no transactions are getting imported. Can someone tell us when this will be fixed?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey RBC folks,

We're currently experiencing an outage with RBC but our data aggregator is in talks with the bank to get this sorted out! My apologies for this :disappointed:

edited January 29, 2020
  • MeghanMeghan Member Posts: 1

Do you have any indication when the issue with RBC will be resolved? I have not had any transactions imported since last week

• joeyb_30187joeyb_30187 Member Posts: 1

I bank with bank of america. I had MFA on account but turned it off and system still will not download transactions. Please let me know what to do now.

• stevegsilver73stevegsilver73 Member Posts: 4

I am also having issues connecting to Capital One as well as to BMO Harris Bank. I called Capital One and they told me they recently upgraded their security protocols, and all 3rd parties have to agree to these protocols before they can begin downloading customer data again. They claim Wave's new vendor has not yet agreed to these protocols, which is why there is a problem. Since so many users are having the same problem, it may be beneficial for Wave to respond in general to this issue regarding Capital One and what progress is being made to resolve it.

Now I am simply getting a "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later" error message whenever I go to the bank import page.

edited January 30, 2020
  • Bart_1234Bart_1234 Member Posts: 1

I'm also an RBC client and haven't seen any imported transactions since Jan 6.
    Very annoying since I'm at the end of my fiscal year.

I also would expect an email from Wave telling me there are problems with the RBC data import. That would have saved me time investigating and it would also make that I wouldn't have to google for answers.

@Waveapps Will I get an email when it's resolved or do I need to check every day until I see transactions coming in?

• LucielLuciel Member Posts: 8

It looks no new transactions has been imported from my RBC bank accounts since Jan 21. What happened?

• 1ATCISaccount1ATCISaccount Member Posts: 2

@1ATCISaccount said:
    I cannot resume the importing of transactions.
    1. It is NOT due to a problem with my bank's website. I can log in easily there.
    2. I have no notifications from my bank's website.
    3. Wave is recognizing my bank's name--I assume it is still supported.
    4. it is not a security MFA issue.

Please help.

My bank tells me that 2 common problems are:
    1. Passwords with special characters <, >, or & In that case change your password.
    2. If your user name and password exceed 32 characters--fine with your online banking, but not Wave.
    This fixed the problem for me.

• blackbird33blackbird33 Member Posts: 4

This article is incomplete. Since Wave switched to Plaid, for reasons unknown, existing connections no longer work. This is 100% because of YOUR switch to Plaid, not because of the financial institution's change. Case in point: Bank of America. One of the largest banks in the world. My connection WITH MFA was working fine until Wave switched to Plaid. Now it doesn't work. BoA made no changes. Wave knows by now that Plaid can't connect to certain banks, and a quick scan of the forums shows this. Why not at least be truthful and list these banks, AND stop blaming the bank. If H&R Block has existing relationships and wants to diminish the usefulness of Wave, that's one thing, but Support should at least try to continue being truthful and transparent to the users. It will go a long way toward keeping them.

• blackbird33blackbird33 Member Posts: 4

By the way - making breaking changes at the beginning of the calendar year makes it very easy for users to decide to leave. Since there has been no data imported, the migration to another service provider is easier. Just food for thought.

• belltower_63belltower_63 Member Posts: 2

hoping to hear from Help soon to reconnect my bank account. worked fine for years...

• shivatradersshivatraders Member Posts: 7

@EmmaP said:
    Hi everyone, thank you for reaching out with your feedback. I'm sorry if you have been impacted by this change.

Because we are unable to troubleshoot individual issues here I'd encourage you to reach out to our Support team so we can look into issues on a case by case basis. Some of you have reached out and are waiting for a response - I know it has been a long wait so we appreciate your patience while we work through the volume in this busy time of year.

If you're unsure if your bank is supported, head to the Connected Accounts page in your account and search for your bank. If you are unable to find your bank it is not yet supported. In these cases you can use one of our upload methods to get transactional data into your account: Wave Connect & our CSV uploader.

See this is no more an individual, clearly your new upgrade to new vendor has screwed everything.

• LucielLuciel Member Posts: 8

@BarsinA said:
    Hey RBC folks,

We're currently experiencing an outage with RBC but our data aggregator is in talks with the bank to get this sorted out! My apologies for this :disappointed:

Any update??

• FabRenoConFabRenoCon Member Posts: 6

I would like to know the status and forecast to resolve this connectivity issue with RBC. No data has been imported since Jan 18th (inclusive) and this is now becoming a big issue for me and my accounting activity. The fact that this issue is nearing the end of the 3rd and no solutions insight is incredibly unacceptable. The lack of this automated connectivity with banks is what many other small business looking for positive productivity.

P.S.: My connections with Simplii and President's Choice are working well.

edited February 5, 2020
  • PE123PE123 Member Posts: 3

When will HomeStreet transactions be supported again?

• RobynMakRobynMak Member Posts: 3

I'm RBC as well and still missing transactions from January.....Help please Wave!!!

• DerekMaloffDerekMaloff Member Posts: 1

I'll wait till the end of the week then it's off to Quickbooks. Nice work @Waveapps

• FitzDesignzFitzDesignz Member Posts: 3

It's a true shame that it all comes down to this... a simple bank connection and integration... Wave, you can blame Capital One all you want, but the 4 other accounting programs that I just trialed have no issues connecting to CapitalOne. We need answers to when this will be resolved. I need to make a decision on if I'm moving my invoicing and credit card processing to one of your competitors. I'm sure H&R block will like that I'll be moving to Intitit QuickBooks.

• AndyReynoldsAndyReynolds Member Posts: 7

No RBC transaction imports since Jan 21st here. Looks like I'm not alone.
    I was thinking that I shouldn't complain, given that I am not paying for the Wave service. But then I remembered that since ALL accounting software is appalling for users (my other business runs on Sage), the business case for choosing one over another is how much misery, work-around time, and "who the hell designed this?" exasperation the user can tolerate.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

Thanks for your ongoing tenacity and drive to keep us on our toes. Holding the team accountable is something that I can see you're all passionate about, and I'd love to field as much of your frustrations as possible.

To begin with, with regards to the RBC connection failures many of you are seeing, I spoke with our banking partner this morning, and received this update:

We have identified an issue with our RBC integration, which is causing the problem you are experiencing. The issue has been escalated accordingly. Our engineering team will investigate the issue further, however, due to the nature of this problem, we are not able to provide an ETA.

This doesn't feel good to deliver to a thread full of angry business owners. I'm sure it feels worse to have to read. What I'm trying to accomplish here is an amount of transparency that you all deserve.

If you have banking connection issues outside of RBC or Capital One, and believe that others have been able to foster connections with your same bank within the Wave environment, please feel free to open a ticket with our support teams. We're all hoping for a quick resolution in the office here as well.

edited February 5, 2020
  • NOYADESIGNSNOYADESIGNS Member Posts: 2

At this point, should I even bother to do my accounting and bookeeping with Wave? I'm with RBC as well, and truly, no ETA is frightening...

• GregCGregC Member Posts: 5

I also have not had any imports of RBC transactions since Jan 21st. You used to have a button with last date of automatic import where we could press to get latest transactions updates. This is missing in your UI, as well as a "last time of data import" statement in the transactions page, so that we know where we stand.

• MarkTMarkT Member Posts: 1

Has there been an issue with First Republic Bank as well? I have not been receiving transactions for quite some time now.

• YvesYves Member Posts: 2

Still not working since 14th of janurary. Please could you fix this for me ?

• daphdaph Member Posts: 1

I'm in Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union, and my credit card says it is connected but transactions have not imported since January 18.

This discussion has been closed.