Why is my bank unable to import transactions?

Comments

• KellieKellie Member Posts: 8

Plaid still does not seem to allow MFA with BOA. Is this going to be addressed and fixed or not?

• JWBJWB Member Posts: 2

When I follow the procedures to resume downloading my transactions your system is supposed to send a security code to my email But I never receive the email it should be sending it to jamesx367@gmail.com Can somebody help

• JWBJWB Member Posts: 2

No Transaction Download since 12/17 from Wells Fargo

• cherrycreektransportcherrycreektransport Member Posts: 1

No Transaction Download since 01/23/2020 have made a help ticket and nothing from wave. This makes it hard to clear invoices when it wont reconnect my bank account (simmons bank)

• TandemXVisualsTandemXVisuals Member Posts: 1

Hey Wave!

I've been having the same issue as many people here, I've been watching this forum for a few weeks and waiting patiently for the problem to be resolved across the board. I know tech is tough and its hard to work with this many people and banks. The pressure you guys are under to get this up and running properly must be intense, I get it. This is where I'm at though, its been almost 3 weeks, I've tried my best to update the system myself to no avail. If this doesn't get fixed soon I'll consider it a deeper issue then just a technical fault/blip and will be moving over to another system. I really don't want to do that, especially because of the massive amount of work involved and its a huge pain point for me.

I just can't afford to have this happen in my business again. I hope you understand.

• NintuNintu Member Posts: 4

I keep having problems with converting my .csv files and the whole process is REALLY FRUSTRATING.

• GregCGregC Member Posts: 5

Same problem here, also, all the transactions are OPPOSITE of what they actually are...

• Irvingb29Irvingb29 Member Posts: 1

I'm trying to link my bank account to my wave account. However, I'm getting an error message when I to put in my bank login. It shows that the ACCOUNT IS CURRENTLY NOT SUPPORTED and MULTI-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION IS NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORTED FOR THIS ACCOUNT. it also says to login using another account. What does this mean?

• FJCONEFJCONE Member Posts: 3

Would someone at Wave either let us know your vendor Plaid can resolve their issues, or tell us that you are not going to require them to resolve their issues in time for users to switch away from Wave before the end of the first quarter?

• SoloAntSoloAnt Member Posts: 11

How do we troubleshoot connections now, is there any way for us to do this on our end? Or do we have to wait for a support ticket which can take anywhere from a few days to weeks to hear back?

Speaking of which how do we track support tickets? Your system doesn't send out an instant notification saying here's your ticket number or anything. We have to wait and wait. I've sent out a few tickets over the last couple of months, and I've had to reach out via chat just to see where they are at.

I can say, along with the long list of frustrated users below, I'm starting to get as equally frustrated.

• Colleen_LionHeartColleen_LionHeart Member Posts: 9

I actually switched banks, which was greatly inconvenient, to a bank you supported. Now that bank is no longer listed! I guess I'll switch to FreshBooks as well. I know Wave is free, but it sounds like the business in not important to you or you would respond with better support.

• TDPTDP Member Posts: 1

The integration upgrade has caused us a huge headache that doesn't seem to be ending. Wave worked beautifully for us until early January - now, we must go through a time consuming process to manually connect each time, only some of our accounts will show, and we are missing 6 weeks of data. I've never been able to reach the support team, always getting the chat bot to send an email which goes unanswered. Is anyone still at Wave that can help????

• GhaggardGhaggard Member Posts: 1

Unable to connect to my bank now. The First. Worked in January up to about a week ago. Also still no ability to connect to Capital One. When will this be fixed?

• BuilderJeffBuilderJeff Member Posts: 8

This issue has been ongoing for a month now. Is there any update? Porting over to another service is a major undertaking, but I'm willing to do it if it means the service will work and will be supported.

Please say something?

• MMTMMT Member Posts: 1

My bank is also no longer connecting. Am I just supposed to continue to retry the connection or what steps are expected to be taken? How do I know if my bank is not supported?

• David_autofile_MLDavid_autofile_ML Member Posts: 21

Passionate about Wave we have built an alternative bank connector for Wave.
    More at autofile.ML

• belltower_63belltower_63 Member Posts: 2

in theory my bank is supported. worked fine before. definitely frustrated!

• BuilderJeffBuilderJeff Member Posts: 8

Today some transactions started to import again. Since I had manually done it, they are duplicated. That's not the biggest problem though...All of the newly imported transactions are the opposite of what they should be. Deposits are showing as withdrawals, and vise versa.

What a mess...

• NestPoolsNestPools Member Posts: 1

Looks like your in trouble. Holding me back from purchasing services through Wave.
    Like payroll. Pretty scary the lack of info regarding connection issues.

Time to put out a communication or your going to go away.

• LucielLuciel Member Posts: 8

Same mess here, new transaction was imported, but in opposite way...Anyway, there is finally an update from Wave.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, thank you for reaching out in our Community. As you are aware Wave has recently changed to a new data provider. We acknowledge that the transition has not been smooth for all users so we apologize if you have been impacted by this.

The transition to the new provider is now complete and most financial institutions and account types were able to resume connections as normal. However, we are also seeing instances where connections are failing for various reasons. Our top priority is working with our data aggregator to identify and resolve these issues. For us to be able to track these issues or look into your specific case, we encourage you to submit a ticket to our Support team for further investigation.

If you had trouble reconnecting, or your account or Financial Institution is currently not supported by our new data aggregator we know this can be frustrating. If you are not able to connect we have some great alternative solutions for data importing such as Wave Connect which allows you to have greater control over your imports, or our CSV uploader.

• GtahilianiGtahiliani Member Posts: 3

when will the Multi-factor Authentication be supported again? Even the MFA from nations largest bank (Bank of America) is no longer supported. Any plans for this to work again?

I would be nice to provide update / plan to tackle issues and keep customers informed.

• gigihurricanegigihurricane Member Posts: 3

My American Express account doesn't have any postings after March 1st, but when I log into American Express, I see transactions starting March 3rd. Is there a delay or is there an error?

• RailcarmoverRailcarmover Member Posts: 3

My recent inactivity is due to your platform inability to connect with my bank, Concerned short cuts were taken to create this app thus lacking the muscle to deliver

• KellieKellie Member Posts: 8

This is such a seriously bad example of poor customer care! And it's such a shame because I love Waveapp. Why has there been NO proactive communications to Waveapp customers about this problem with MFA connections? Why has it taken three months already -- and apparently still no solution other than "upload CVS files"? And zero communications about out except to track it down in the community forum! Big question: Is this going to be corrected or not? I bank with Bank of America, one of the largest banks and one that is on your list. BOA requires MFA. And even if they didn't, I'm not reducing my level of security to adjust to a poor choice of solutions on your part. Just tell us if it's going to be fixed or not, and if yes, what's the timeframe? If not, just be upfront about it and own the mistake and the fall out of losing customers.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. As we continue to try and troubleshoot any connection issues that you may be having, we’ve added a support link to the bottom of the Help Center article (found on Page 1 of the thread) so that you can reach out to our Support team directly and get more personalized help with the issue you’re facing. We will be closing out this thread but you now have a more direct route to obtaining support through the link. Thanks!

edited March 19, 2020
This discussion has been closed.