Guide to Wave Invoicing (iOS/Android)

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageGuide to Wave Invoicing (iOS/Android)

Wave Invoicing mobile app gives you an easy way to track, edit, send, and pay invoices on the go. Anything you do in the app will also be reflected in your Wave account, and vice versa.
Please note...

Read the full story here

edited February 10, 2020 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• MEH_KKatering2MEH_KKatering2 Member Posts: 1
    What is the difference between accepting ACH vs Credit card payments from
    customers? How long does it take for the customers payment to be available to me?
  • EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @MEH_KKatering2! Below is a timeline of our different payment methods and how much they cost in North America:

1. Credit card payment: This process takes about 2 business days to process. The fee for this method of payment is 2.9% plus an additional 30 cents per transaction. So if you send an invoice for $100 Wave collects $3.20 total depositing $96.80 into your account. This is a faster transaction method.

2. ACH Bank payment: This process takes about 2-7 business days to process. The fee for this method of payment is only 1% with a minimum fee of $1. So for example if you send an invoice for $1000 Wave collects $10 depositing $990 into your account, however if you invoice someone for $10, Wave collects a minimum of $1, depositing $9 into your account.

You can turn either of these settings On/Off from: Settings -> Payments in your Wave account. If you want to read more about Wave Payments check out this great guide: Getting started with Wave Payments.

• threelakes_1threelakes_1 Member Posts: 1
    How dio I know if the email went out. There is no sent folder option
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @threelakes_1

If you hover you cursor above the invoice in the invoices page you should see a modal appear with lots of information regarding the sending of your invoice.

• IfeIfe Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Please how do I create more than one business profile under my wave account? It’s very urgent.

I will appreciate a quick response. Thank you.
  • JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ife and Welcome to the Wave Community Forum! You can add a new business profile in your Wave account by clicking on your business name in the top left corner and you should see the option to create a new business there. You can also take a look at this Wave Help Center Article that should walk you through the steps: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208624306-How-to-add-a-new-business-to-your-Wave-account

• tcooperstcoopers Member Posts: 7

@BarsinA said:
    Hey @threelakes_1

If you hover you cursor above the invoice in the invoices page you should see a modal appear with lots of information regarding the sending of your invoice.

Should we see invoices via mail show up in our sent folder in my email client?

• alli_29206alli_29206 Member Posts: 1

Can you add shipping costs to an invoice?

• Ma110981Ma110981 Member Posts: 1
    Can I add my email address to my business details as they appear on an invoice. Address and phone numbers can be added hi not an email address

Hey there @tcoopers

Your invoicing doesn't have a 'sent folder' within Wave. Not unless you download the invoice and send it through your personal email of course. It doesn't connect to your personal email in this way since it gets sent from a server email called mailer@waveapps.com.

Hi @alli_29206

You can add this as an additional item if you like as a workaround perhaps! However we do not have a separate way to add costs onto invoices without them being an item you create in your products and services.

Hellooo @Ma110981

Unfortunately adding your email to an invoice is not available in Wave at this time :(
    You might find some additional info at This Thread regarding this matter. Sorry for the bad news!

• LockeyLockey Member Posts: 1

hi, cant seem to get invoices or estimates viewed notifications? Any ideas?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Lockey , this can be a difficult one. We sometimes receive confusion over this as opening the email Wave sends with the invoice, and opening the invoice in the email itself are two different things. Because Wave has no way to monitor if an actual email has been opened, a lot of customers will open their messages to see that they've received the invoice without actually opening it. Because of this, it doesn't register in Wave.

• audrey2323audrey2323 Member Posts: 1

How can i change the message customers receive when i send the invoice? Not on the invoice but when they receive it?

Hey there @audrey2323

You can customize the message you send to your client when get to step two and send it to your invoice. There is a customizable message box you can use!

You also have the option to download your invoices as a PDF or send them through Gmail or Outlook where you can type a customized message in your own inbox!

Hope this helps, take care :smiley:

• WhitneypWhitneyp Member Posts: 1
    I have recently switched from android to apple and I cannot figure out how to send an invoice through sms. In my android app I would simple hit the 3 dots and choose a way to send. My iOS app does not give me this option and I can’t seem to find any other ways to do this. This is the only way I send invoices and I am highly frustrated that I can’t find how to do it!
  • CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @Whitneyp , thanks for your question. I'm sorry for any frustration you've experienced while using the iOS Invoice app! Below, I'll explain how to access SMS options for sending invoices, which are admittedly somewhat hidden.

• In your Invoices mobile app, open up the invoice you want to send as if you were going to edit it.
    • Click 'More' at the top right corner of the editing screen
    • Click 'Message Customer' to access SMS messaging for the invoice.

Screenshots:

• wecraftcakeswecraftcakes Member Posts: 1
    Can I make ESTIMATES from mobile app??
  • ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @wecraftcakes! Estimates are not available currently within a mobile Wave app. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

• Hah_Hah_ Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    Could you please add the option to add a decimal point to the quantity column as some items are sold as a fraction of the item. Eg
    3.5 hours of work
    Or
    3.8m of fabric

Etc
    Thanks
  • JJamieJJamie Member Posts: 1
    Can download PFD directly?
    Can add email address in contact info?
  • Shouk03Shouk03 Member Posts: 1
    How to print from Wave-Invoicing-iOS-Android
  • CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @Shouk03 , thanks for your message! Wave is primarily suited for online use, so this is why the ability to print is not as readily visible/available. You can export the invoices from the web app though, as PDF files, and then you can print those files!

• AminaAmina Member Posts: 1
    The invoices immediately say read when you send a reminder. Like within seconds. Has anyone brought up this issue. I find it unlikely that they are being read that quickly. The emails don’t even send out that fast.
  • Snoop71Snoop71 Member Posts: 1
    My invoices are not being delivered, to both me & my customers - although, they say that they have been sent. I’ve tried to contact you with no reply.

I send a new account up, with a new email address - & the same thing is happening.

I would appreciate some support with this,

Thank You
  • suddenly_subtlesuddenly_subtle Member Posts: 1

Hi there,
    Unfortunately my difficulty seems to be an ongoing issue with the Wave app. I've created an invoice and have tried sending it to my client many time only to repeatedly be shown either of these error messages:

“Unable to save invoice, validation error”

or

"o._refreshTokenPromise is not a function. (In 'o._refreshTokenPromise()', 'o._refreshTokenPromise' is an instance of _)

This is a bug that really needs fixing as I've experienced it for over a year.

Please help!

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Amina , we'll have to have the team troubleshoot this through tickets for you so that they can request personal information about which clients this is happening to and actually dig into your account. Can you please submit a ticket to our Support team so they can take a look?

Hey @Snoop71 , I've taken a look at the email associated to your Community account and it seems like emails are both being delivered and opened. Can you confirm whether this is the case or not? In regards to your customers' emails, to dig into them we will need to have these addresses on file. In order to keep this information private, can you please submit a ticket directly to our Support team so they can help you troubleshoot it? Thanks!

Hi @suddenly_subtle , you mention that you've been having these issues for a year. Have you not been able to send an invoice in all of that time? If you have, how do you normally overcome this bug> Let me know as this will help us determine exactly what's going on with these invoices.

• Louise71Louise71 Member Posts: 1
    Need to know how to edit grey area on invoice please :)
  • JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Louise71 ! Do you mind clarify the grey field that you are trying to edit? Also, do you mind sharing a screenshot with me for visual aid? This will give me a better understanding of your issue and will allow me to assist you further. Also, feel free to redact and sensitive information from the screenshot.

• RK17RK17 Member Posts: 4
    The plus (+) icon to add an invoice in the iOS app cannot be selected/us not active. I can’t create an invoice from the app. Is there a solution to this issue?
  • SpwSpw Member Posts: 1

The iOS app keeps saying it can’t send email, email is working as sent email to a different email address