Options

Protect yourself with a payments Terms of Service

2»

Comments

• Options
    SajastSajast Member Posts: 1

Hello, I don't see the Terms Acceptance section. What am I missing? Thanks.

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Sajast ! To clarify, this functionality is only available for North American businesses. Also, you will need to have credit card payments enabled on your Settings > Payments page.

• Options
    swatteamswatteam Member Posts: 2

Are the developers considering an option for businesses who provide a service (like mine) who sometimes purchases materials/supplies on behalf of the client? For example, I may order something online for the client which may arrive damaged or is the incorrect item. I would like to ability to upload the vendor's terms and inform the client they are subjected to their terms. Just fyi the helpbot suggested adding this to the footer section however; that's limited to 250 characters.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @swatteam

Thanks for your contribution to our community. At this point Wave does not have the ability to add external documentation or images to your invoices. I understand how this may would benefit your company and we appreciate you letting us know a bit more about how your business operates!

• Options
    Andy_RAndy_R Member Posts: 12

I'm new to the small business world so I apologize ahead of time. I do not understand how the Terms of Service are relavent on the Invoice. My business provides a service, so my clients will not see the terms of service until they receive the invoice which is after the service has already been provided. It seems to me that the terms of service should be agreed upon before the service is provided. Or am I missing something? Thank you for your time.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Andy_R , no need to apologize here! Terms of Service would work different based on how you run your business as well as the actual terms listed. A lot of our business owners take payment before services are rendered which would definitely make the terms more applicable at the time of payment.

• Options
    Andy_RAndy_R Member Posts: 12
    @AlexL thank you for taking the time to clear that up. Much appreciated!
  • Options
    PurefectWaterPurefectWater Member Posts: 2

i TRIED AS SUGGESTED IN HOW TO SEND INVOICE TO CLIENTS. SINCE LAST WEEK OF FEBRUARY, MY BUSINESS EMAIL ADDRESS CAN NOT RECEIVE COPIES OF INVOICES THAT I SENT TO MY CUSTOMERS. EVEN IF I CLICK THE OPTION BELOW THE "SEND" WINDOW: SEND A COPY TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS PUREFECTWATER.@HOTMAIL.COM
    I NEED YOUR HELP...

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @PurefectWater , it looks like your email was marked as inactive so you weren't receiving any emails from our server. I've reactivated your email and you should be good moving forward. Let us know if you're still having issues and we can take another look.

• Options
    PurefectWaterPurefectWater Member Posts: 2

Problem is solved. We receive copies of invoices sent to clients in our email. We appreciate your help, AlexL. Thank you.
    GTA Purefect Water-Toronto.

• Options
    Samantha_vogt1406Samantha_vogt1406 Member Posts: 1

I’m new to this program last year my daughter was helping me out but we have a few customers that have past due balances, is there any way that the past balance would show up on newer invoices. Thanks j.vogtlandscape@gmail.com

• Options

Hey @Samantha_vogt1406 !

I'm afraid that Wave does not offer this functionality. However, what you can do is send your customer a Customer Statement. This contains their outstanding invoice details along with their general account activity.

• Options
    TheBigETheBigE Member Posts: 1

Make the boilerplate editable. Add an "Update Your Policy" button to do that. In the editing panel also include a "Submit Your Update" button to post the finalized version.

edited May 2, 2021
  • Options
    T_chaffee1T_chaffee1 Member Posts: 2

just wanted to say thank you for making this app better and better. It would be cool to see specific items sold over the years. like to find out how many grease traps Ive cleaned or something like that.

• Options
    KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @TheBigE @T_chaffee1 , I really appreciate you reaching out and letting us know that these features would be helpful to you and your business! Our Product Development team is always parsing through Community threads for update ideas so thank you for sharing!

• Options
    Anson578Anson578 Member Posts: 9

This is very good that you have added this. However, The terms of service should be when sending an estimate as that is the point they should agree to the "Terms of Service".... NOT after the job is complete for payment.

There is another point Id like to bring up as far as the estimate process.
    When I send and estimate, the client is forced to send an e-mail back manually,
    Wave should have a click ( button ) option when the client opens the estimate to accept the estimate and the "Terms of Service"
    So there should be a clickable box that says agree to terms, and then button that says estimate approval.

• Options
    Anson578Anson578 Member Posts: 9

@m_johnson said:
    Is their a way to automatically add the 2.9% for the debit/credit card payment to invoice total. If a client choose to pay via debit/credit card? that way this could be added in as a service fee.

This is definately needed. The 2.9% plus the .30 cents,
    The AMEX 3.4% + the .30 cents and the 1% ACH fees as well depending on how the customer pays

• Options
    beliciousbethbeliciousbeth Member Posts: 4

I would also like to be able to automatically add a service fee to pass that onto the customer as a convenience fee. Is there a way to do this?

• Options
    Megan2020Megan2020 Member Posts: 1

@Anson578 said:

@m_johnson said:
    Is their a way to automatically add the 2.9% for the debit/credit card payment to invoice total. If a client choose to pay via debit/credit card? that way this could be added in as a service fee.

This is definately needed. The 2.9% plus the .30 cents,
    The AMEX 3.4% + the .30 cents and the 1% ACH fees as well depending on how the customer pays

I entirely agree! Or provide us with a way to accept ACH but not credit cards. For small businesses with a large invoice, these fees can really add up.

• Options

Hey @beliciousbeth !

It sounds like you are looking to pass on processing fees onto your customers. Our system currently has no means of automatically transferring the Credit Card Processing Fee to a customer in Wave. As Wave is a global software, and passing on processing fees onto customers is prohibited in some regions, it must be added manually at the business owner's discretion. We recommend doing this by adding a line item to an invoice with the fee's total (2.9% + $0.30) as a "Merchant Fee" of sorts.

This article will give you a detailed breakdown for applying this fee on your invoices.

• Options
    SaferCyclingCalgarySaferCyclingCalgary Member Posts: 8

Do you have any examples of cancellation policies that can help service businesses? I recently had a customer who contested the charge for a daycamp that their child was not suitable to complete and they won!! I thought I had a rock solid cancellation policy, but I guess not.

• Options
    creativegrowthcreativegrowth Member Posts: 1

From 2 years earlier, "Hey @m_johnson! We've actually got a pretty solid Help Center article here that will help you to pass these fees onto your customer!" Now its 2022 and I have the same question but the help center ink from 2 years ago says the content isn't there anymore. Please help.