Options

[Beta release] Transaction page redesign

Jeff_BJeff_B Member Posts: 2 admin

Hi Wavers,

As we teased in this post back in April, our update to the transactions page to make it faster, more intuitive, and responsive across your devices is almost here!

We’ve updated the Transactions page based on your feedback and what you need to make managing your business faster and easier. For those of you who have been with us since the old version of Wave’s accounting (and thank you so much), we listened to your feedback around what you loved about the original transactions page. This update will synthesize the ease and simplicity of in-line edits from our old version with the updates and improvements of our new version.

With responsive designs we are excited to give you more control of your bookkeeping with whichever device you choose.

We’re releasing a beta design to a select group of users, and will be looking to add even more users to the beta test as we add more features. If this is something you’d be interested in, or if you have feedback after getting a chance to try out the beta, we’d love to hear from you below!

Right now, the New Transactions page beta has some limited functionality, and does not yet include all the functionality on the regular transactions page. We will continue to work to add these features, as well as some new features to simplify your accounting further. We wanted to ensure Wavers get a chance to play around with this update in its early stages so that we can continuously improve and update our products to fit your needs. For this reason, Wavers participating in the beta will be able to toggle back and forth between both versions seamlessly. Any edits, additions, or deletions of transactions will appear in both beta and the regular transaction page.

Features currently available in beta

• Fully responsive design across mobile and desktop
  • In-line editing of transactions
  • Sorting and filtering
  • Income, expense, and journal entry creation
  • Transaction detail panel for journal entries
  • Adding customers to transactions
  • Adding and editing sales tax on transactions
  • Adding vendors to transactions
  • Copy transactions
  • Bulk actions (categorize, sales tax, and account)
  • Merge/unmerge
  • Bulk delete
  • New: Bulk review

Stay tuned to this post as well because we will be announcing new features here as they are added!

We hope you find this update as exciting as we do, and we’re looking forward to hearing what you think.

edited March 15, 2021 in Accounting Release Updates

Comments

• Options
    betafreakbetafreak Member Posts: 1

Would love to try out the beta!

• Options
    AutomatedAccountingAutomatedAccounting Member Posts: 3

Would love to be a part of the beta group

• Options
    David_MarkDavid_Mark Member Posts: 2

Happy to try the beta.

• Options
    kganttkgantt Member Posts: 3

I would like to try the beta please!

• Options
    couchfrancoiscouchfrancois Member Posts: 1

Beta beta beta please!! And I'm guessing there are some wonderful endpoints that you've created for these transactions. I'd love to be able to view transactions before I start throwing in the eBay Managed Payment transactions I'm pulling from the eBay API.

• Options
    neverStopLearningneverStopLearning Member Posts: 3

I can't wait for this feature to come. I am so glad I made the switch to Wave. It has some roughs points but It is light years ahead of many accounting software. Not to be impatient but is there an expected release date anytime soon?

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @neverStopLearning , thanks so much for your wonderful feedback! We're so glad you're with us :) Right now we don't have a firm ETA for the beta to launch more widely, as we're navigating the results of the initial beta launch still - but if it becomes available to you, you will be able to see it as an option in Accounting > Transactions. The full transactions page rewrite release is one of our top priorities, and the team is working on it as we speak! Once that is accomplished, we'll broadcast it far and wide.

• Options
    neverStopLearningneverStopLearning Member Posts: 3

@CallieP Okay, thank you so much for the update! I didn't even think it was possible to be even more excited about this upcoming change! This update will be such a game changer. Thank you and the team so much for putting so much time and effort into this amazing software. Thank you thank you thank you!

• Options
    RonyRony Member Posts: 7
    I would love to use this beta version
  • Options
    kwhitekwhite Member Posts: 5

Hi there, I'd like to try the beta please

• Options
    TeekTeek Member Posts: 23

@Jeff_B

can we please have a more flexible statement for clients where we can select the clients we want to generate statements for. For example, if i want to generate a statement for management or for clients who have different branches, i can't generate one comprehensive statement for them, i would have to do multiple one statement with all the stores.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Jeff_B

Thanks for your feature idea in our community. At this point Wave's customer statement page is only able to be attributed to a single customer which you create in your customers section.

We appreciate you reaching out about this and you should know that our developers are always parsing through archived tickets looking for feature updates requested by our users. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other improvements you think we could make to our system!

• Options
    alighthealighthe Member Posts: 1

@Jeff_B Does the beta already include the "More control over foreign exchange transactions" feature that allows one overrule the default exchange rate conversion?

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @alighthe , the Beta release does not yet include this feature but we're hoping that we can add it at some point in the future!

edited September 28, 2020
  • Options
    CarlvzCarlvz Member Posts: 4

Here's hoping that the new interface will separate out the "Payee" and the "Description" fields!!!

• Options
    jhandojojhandojo Member Posts: 3

Seems a good start, but let me crank through dozens of transactions before making judgement. A couple of observations:

1. Vendor list sometimes will not work. Appears to be random, but in a group of 12+ imported transactions, I was able to add Vendors without issue to about 9 of them, but 3 of them would not fetch vendors. Tried refreshing the page and clearing cache, to no avail

2. Vendor lookahead gets aggressive and was erasing some of my keystrokes. Using Edge/Chromium

Next week I'll have some transactions that need to be split, which will also be a good test.

Keep up the good work!

• Options
    CookwjcCookwjc Member Posts: 1

Looks pretty good in portrait mode, but I’m usually using the iPad in landscape with a keyboard. THis orientation on the iPad Pro 11” takes up about the top half of the screen with the non-scrollable static content at the top and limits the interaction with the transactions field. Also, in landscape, each clearing check mark seems to require 2 clicks rather than the one that seems to be required in portrait mode. And on the first click, a good portion of the next check box and transaction amount are covered up by the transaction detail option. It’s minor, but it was a bit of a nuisance working through a few transactions when wanting to look at the next transaction (working from the top down rather than bottom up.)

• Options
    pdettipdetti Member Posts: 19

Looks like it will be much better overall, but so far balance up top is wrong, showing bank balance instead of balance based on the transactions you have entered. Should show both, honestly.

Also, we need a RUNNING BALANCE column! Been asking for this for years. Every accounting program going back to the stone ages has a running balance, I just don't understand why this feature is continually left out. Please add it!

• Options
    Howard ThawHoward Thaw Member Posts: 11

I received an invitation to join the beta, however the new "beta" page is not visible?

Is there anything I need to do more than follow the link?>

• Options
    HFloydHFloyd Member Posts: 2

The first thing I noticed - Long description fields are making the transaction rows of different heights, which makes scanning/comparing very difficult. I am on a 1920x1080 desktop monitor, and i can only view 2 1/4 transactions? Ugh! I HATE IT 😖

Compare to the old view - 9 visible transactions:

edited December 3, 2020
  • Options
    UrbscaburbUrbscaburb Member Posts: 8

I am getting a completely different layout than show above. Not able to inline edit...

And when I click on the transaction, I get this....

This seems to be the layout for the mobile version, as it's the same on my phone (which is more intuitive to use).

edited December 3, 2020
  • Options
    Natures_ServiceNatures_Service Member Posts: 1
    I would love to try out the new beta, my business heavily relies on me being on the road and current mobile support makes it impossible to catch up on my accounting till I get home. This would definitely help out tremendously.
  • Options
    jdeanjdean Member Posts: 4

Nice improvement. Please consider adding the ability to sort by any column (ascending/decending) by clicking on the column title. This is standard for most listing pages these days.

• Options
    MichaelGMichaelG Member Posts: 5

New version is terrible.
    1. Rows are inconsistent.
    2. The ability to see the details of a transaction and scroll through the list of transactions is gone. The transaction details scroll with the rows. Very hard to compare and merge items.
    3. It's too easy to accidentally change the name of a transaction. A simple click shouldn't open the name box to misplaced keystrokes.

• Options
    RPMcRPMc Member Posts: 1

I like it, but would like to see a little less white space so that more transactions are viewable on each page

• Options
    BigMagicBigMagic Member Posts: 1

Wave used to be awesome but not anymore. Stop "fixing" things you are making them worse.

Plaid is horseshit. Yoiur site used to work with my bank, now it does not. The main reason I use your site is for the daily updates. Tweet at BMO so they can fix the problem? YOU need to work that out.

I have been using WAVE for five years and ever since H&R block took over its gone to shit. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE STAND UP TO THESE CORPORATE KNOBS?

I am very frustrated, to be running a business in the middle of a pandemic, is it too much to ask for my accounting software to STAY THE SAME, you don't need to change.

• Options
    LucLuc Member Posts: 5

I hope you dont replace the present one....it is bad!

The Beta version is just a different screen layout. No major benefits.
    There are however, major flaws and thigs missing that I presently use such as:
    1. On the old version I could merge transactions. I use that feature to match receipts to bank transaction. At any time I check to see if each bank transaction has a receipt attached to it for purchases of materials or services.
    2. From the once Saved and Revised transaction I can easy click Review Receipt to check it.

This function is completely gone and it does a world of difference for me as I like to use this software as a double entry accounting software where I can justify and proof every bank entry with a receipt that I either download or take pic of w my phone.

Thumbs down for me.

• Options
    KLL2014KLL2014 Member Posts: 1

This might be based on my browser (Chrome) but clicking each item does not open an inline view. It opens in another window. Inline would be better or the current side bar view. Thanks!

• Options
    User_of_WaveUser_of_Wave Member Posts: 1

The "Show transaction details" box blocks the amount for the transaction line below the one your mouse is highlighting...very frustrating when scrolling through transactions on desktop since your mouse has to be in the transaction screen to scroll.

• Options
    coordinate_logiccoordinate_logic Member Posts: 1

Love it! My only initial comment is that on a PC running Ubuntu using a Chrome browser, the inline edit functionality is not available. Instead the app sees the machine as a mobile device and opens the full page edit when I click on a transaction, which looks really great for a true mobile device. It would be nice if I got the same functionality as when I use a Windows machine with the Chrome browser.

This discussion has been closed.