Options

How to create an estimate using the mobile app?

Comments

• Options
    Daniel_Nanton_CRDaniel_Nanton_CR Member Posts: 8

Hello, I have been using Wave for several years, and I am very happy with it, but definitely having the ability to quote from the mobile phone is a must, I normally used to log in the website version, and was able to do it that way, but now it doesn't allow me, it would be great if that minor "bug" is in order to give the mobile quote a push.

Anyway, please add the quote option to the mobile app, it would help me a lot. I rent machinery, and normally attend the phone when out of the office, and if the call comes from a customer, an option of sending an estimate on the job, is the next step, and waiting to get to open the laptop, is just a major drawback. Also the option to send a picture of the machine I am offering, would help the customer understand what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, everyone, for adding to this discussion.

We're aware of the kind of impact that this feature could have on the day-to-day work of Wavers and while I can't make any promises, I can say that we do have big plans when it comes to our mobile offerings in the future. We are listening to your feedback and we intend to keep making Wave better and better.

• Options
    d4zzad4zza Member Posts: 3
    I see this discussion has been going on for almost a year now, and I am in the same boat as a lot of people, I need Wave Estimates mobile. To me I don't see the difference between invoice and estimate functionality and the year-old promises of "it's coming" are a bit frustrating.
  • Options
    RRTSRRTS Member Posts: 19

@Alexia do we have a tracked feature request yet for getting the ability to create Estimates with the mobile app?
    And, while we have you: why is there two different Wave mobile apps: one for Invoicing & a separate one for Receipts? Can't we combine into one app, that offers invoicing, estimates, accounting transactions view, bills, receipts, etc?

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

@RRTS unfortunately not yet! But I can confirm it is on our Product Team's radar (both of these suggestions actually). The Receipts and Invoice Apps were originally meant to be supplementary to the main Wave browser-based version, and a way to increase the convenience of two functions within Wave. I definitely agree though that even more convenient would be to have a singular, multi-function app!

• Options
    TheJ_EMATheJ_EMA Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to add to this discussion and say that we are also eagerly awaiting an estimating feature in the Wave app. Things move quickly in the tech world and it is surprising to see that despite demand, this feature is still only on your team's "radar" and not scheduled or in development yet, after all this time.
    We are a small mobile mechanic business and receive calls requesting quotes when we are on the road. We do some quoting while on the road and some on the computer at the office. There are a few app features which we would like to see:
    Ability to convert estimates to invoices so we can give the invoice to the customer at the time of job completion, using an estimate we prepared earlier.
    Ability to create estimates directly in the app.
    Accounting and other existing web features.
    All features combined in one app would be an added bonus but not essential.
  • Options
    HeyImGazHeyImGaz Member Posts: 2

This seems nearly as important as the invoice feature for on the go quotes for clients. My wish for 2019 is this feature is implemented.

• Options
    LYDLYD Member Posts: 1
    Every time I meet a customer I find myself fumbling with my phones browser and saying “oh this app that I use is good but you can’t really do mobile estimates”. Maybe you could make a separate app for Wave Estimates.

It’s frustrating that you can’t create estimates on the fly. This is probably the most important aspect of using a program like Wave.
  • Options
    ClarkyClarky Member Posts: 2
    It is absolutely crucial to have this feature. Clients ask me for Estimates for both my photographic work and also for artwork scanning and printing, where I have a range of products and services. This would be a huge improvement to the App. I'm needed to Estimate on the go several times this week and have had to delay to get back to my laptop or desktop. Great app that just needs a little more functionality.
  • Options
    ChadFChadF Member Posts: 1

I know this is not the perfect solution, but a good workaround until estimates gets added to the app.

I just went to the estimates tab on the browser using my mobile device, then (at least in Chrome on an Android device) click the "more" menu(the dot on dot on dot), then click "add to home screen". This added a web app to my phone's home screen that goes directly to the estimates page where I can add an estimate on the road.

Like I said, not perfect but works!

• Options
    newbienewbie Member Posts: 5

I want to add my voice to this feature request. As a mobile diesel repair company, it would greatly streamline our operations to have the ability to generate an estimate on the road via the Android app. State law mandates we must provide an estimate for even the most minor of services, so this is a huge issue for us.

• Options
    LvhmenLvhmen Member Posts: 1
    Hi team members and admin
    It's been over 5 years that I'm using wave app and over a year using it on my android
    It's not easy to have laptop with me all the time and everywhere
    So most of the times I won't be able to create an estimate on mobile app
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@newbie @Lvhmen Thanks for sharing your feedback here. We still don't have any plans to implement Estimates into the Invoicing app just yet, although it could be something that we work out in the future. One thing to keep in mind is that when our development team is looking to build a product, we like to have insight from the user on how this would improve their workflow in Wave, and what exactly they would like to see from it. If you could give some examples of what/how you would like to see this implemented into Wave, that would be awesome!

• Options
    newbienewbie Member Posts: 5

@JamieD not sure what else to explain beyond my original post. We're rolling down the road in a van and receive a service call request. As I said, state law requires we send the customer an estimate before beginning work. We usually do so via a hyperlink sent in a SMS to the customer. Right now, this means we have to boot up a laptop, connect to our mobile network, sign in to Wave, generate an estimate, and then send the hyperlink via text. Customers expect us to respond within minutes since they are often experiencing a roadside emergency. The existing process is very cumbersome and slow. If we could generate the estimate within the Android app, it would greatly streamline this process and improve our response time. Not sure why Wave doesn't have this feature on their roadmap already. Seems like such a no-brainer in a day when we increasingly rely on mobile computing platforms rather than traditional desktops OSs.

• Options
    IslandWildlifeIslandWildlife Member Posts: 2
    Is there a timeline for this yet?

This feature not being available is the only thing stopping us from switching to Wave from our current invoicing system.
  • Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @IslandWildlife

My apologies that this feature has not yet been developed. A lot of our mobile features have been pushed back due to our product team working on some new upcoming projects, updates and migrating folks from our old version of accounting to new.

We are still aware that our mobile receipts and invoices apps require some updates and will keep you folks updated on the community once this feature launches!

• Options
    Ron93Ron93 Member Posts: 2

Hi @BarsinA
    Any updates about the mobile app estimate feature?

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Ron93 , no updates on this. To be completely transparent, it doesn't look like we have any plans to add an Estimates feature to our Invoices app as we have long term plans to create an all-encompassing mobile app. This would allow you access the entire Wave software instead of just areas through different apps. At the moment no ETA, but as I said this is a long-term goal.

• Options
    jlariosjlarios Member Posts: 1

any update for estimate on mobile apps? is very important to do estimate on the go because small business don't have secretary or office on the fill so we use the apps to create estimate

edited March 12, 2020
  • Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @jlarios! Unfortunately, at present, there are no plans to release an Estimates app for mobile devices. This may be something we pursue eventually, but it is not on our roadmap for this year.

• Options
    RikkiRikki Member Posts: 1
    > @ConnorM said:
    > Hey @jlarios! Unfortunately, at present, there are no plans to release an Estimates app for mobile devices. This may be something we pursue eventually, but it is not on our roadmap for this year.

Connor. Isn’t there any way you could just use the invoice template but just change the Invoice header and the “Invoice” status on the email to “Quote”?? as the setup works for both quoting and invoicing but is just flagged up as invoice?

Cheers, Rik.
  • Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Rikki! Yeah, that could work! Some of the functionality might not be there (as far as estimate conversion to invoice), but I think that would be a fine workaround for the time being!

• Options
    HydraFloHydraFlo Member Posts: 10

I'm following this thread as I would use this feature a lot.
    CURRNT WORKFLOW:
    1) called to client site for graffiti removal estimate
    2)take pictures of graffiti, write down square footage and description of graffiti on separate notepad
    3)back at office, create estimate using pictures and notes I wrote down
    4)Send estimate

PROPOSED WORKFLOW
    1)....
    2)Create estimate from field, as I'm looking at the graffiti tags
    3)Send estimate

edited April 28, 2020
  • Options
    CMandiaCMandia Member Posts: 4
    Would be awesome to include a picture function that could be used for estimates. I do the books for a contractor and he’d love to have this.
  • Options
    D_WILSOND_WILSON Member Posts: 2
    I noticed that on desktop you can create estimates to send to customers, but cant find that ability on the mobile app. Am I missing something and if not is there a way to add that as a feature for futures sake. Love the app and my job is 90% in the field so having the ability to create an estimate on the spot would be convenient. Thanks.
  • Options
    NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@HydraFlo @CMandia Love the idea of adding pictures to estimates/invoices. Right now, adding attachments isn't available for our Invoicing product but I (along with our Product team) would love to hear more about you would want to see this type of functionality in Wave. Would the pictures be embedded directly? Or hyperlinks to the images? The more details the better!

• Options
    HydraFloHydraFlo Member Posts: 10

Guess this is getting a bit off topic from the OP (probably should be a new thread?) - but I would definitely use the attachments option. For our company to make use of it:
    -Ideally up to 10 attachments per estimate/invoice
    -Option to carry over attachments when converting estimate to invoice
    -When editing an estimate or invoice, the attachments would simply appear as a list of thumbnails. They would not be embedded on the invoice/estimate itself.
    -When sending estimate/invoice, the attachment would add added as attachments or hyperlinks, but not be embedded on the document itself (perhaps some may want that but we wouldn't use it)

Thanks

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@D_WILSON Just a heads up that I moved your comment into this ongoing discussion. At the moment, Wave does not offer an estimates mobile app and so the desktop version remains the best way to create these, although I agree that it would be a nice addition to the Wave suite of products. As we have updates, we will post them here, but in the meantime, feel free to share what kind of functionality for a potential estimates mobile app would make your life easier! :)

• Options
    D_WILSOND_WILSON Member Posts: 2
    Awesome... yea Im impressed with the app so far and known that customer feed back is crucial towards tweeking and designing a system that caters to multiple types of businesses. That being said I wouldn't suggest anything too fancy or detailed since estimating processes can differ depending on job fields. I think just having the ability to create a sheet that can be sent to the customer with service listing and pricing capabilities would be sufficient enough. I.e. (for my job):

(Heading)

*Window cleaning- $300
    *Pressure washing- $450
    *Roof cleaning- $1200

*Total estimate- $1950

(Final Formalities)
  • Options
    tsfjaxtsfjax Member Posts: 47 ✭✭

@HydraFlo said:
    Guess this is getting a bit off topic from the OP (probably should be a new thread?) - but I would definitely use the attachments option. For our company to make use of it:
    -Ideally up to 10 attachments per estimate/invoice
    -Option to carry over attachments when converting estimate to invoice
    -When editing an estimate or invoice, the attachments would simply appear as a list of thumbnails. They would not be embedded on the invoice/estimate itself.
    -When sending estimate/invoice, the attachment would add added as attachments or hyperlinks, but not be embedded on the document itself (perhaps some may want that but we wouldn't use it)

Thanks

@NicoletteB said:
    @HydraFlo @CMandia Love the idea of adding pictures to estimates/invoices. Right now, adding attachments isn't available for our Invoicing product but I (along with our Product team) would love to hear more about you would want to see this type of functionality in Wave. Would the pictures be embedded directly? Or hyperlinks to the images? The more details the better!

100% — I’ve been considering how to add my Ts&Cs to estimates, proof of service photos/docs/etc. and this would be a great feature, too.