Bank account error Your login credentials are incorrect.

STA0987STA0987 Member Posts: 2

Hi, about 3 weeks ago wave stopped being able to connect to my account (Cumberland BS UK) it says my credentials are incorrect when they aren't. Tried re entering them numerous times, and eventually removed the bank connection in an attempt to reconect the accounts but infuriatingly it still says that my login details are incorrect - when they aren't. The bank have checked their end and everything is up to date. Please help!

Comments

• jlthomas23jlthomas23 Member Posts: 0

It was working fine for a long time then stopped 8 days ago and hasn't worked since. I've tried updating the login credentials 3 times and know that they are correct.

edited August 30, 2018
  • CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi! In many cases, bank connections are interrupted or errors occur because the bank has made changes to its online banking portal. As a first step, I'd recommend following the troubleshooting outlined here.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, please see this article for more information.

• RodrigoRodrigo Member Posts: 0

I have tried many times, but my svb will not connect.
    I have tried the trouble shooting tips.
    I have logged into my bank, so I know the credentials are correct.
    I have tried choosing different svb options when connecting.
    It just keeps saying my login credentials are incorrect.

edited August 29, 2018
  • martindufekmartindufek Member Posts: 1

follow the instructions here - https://www.svb.com/direct-connect/ - you need to generate PIN instead of using your regular password

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Rodrigo, did @martindufek solution fix your issue? Just thought I'd check in.

• Hop_N_TourHop_N_Tour Member Posts: 0

Every time I login to my account, I come across an error that bank login credentials are invalid. How can I solve this issue?

edited August 30, 2018

Hi @Hop_N_Tour,

Have you checked the troubleshooting steps linked in this post?

The information on there will give you a bit more information on how your bank connection works and give you somewhere to start for fixing it if there are issues.

• AndrewRAndrewR Member Posts: 3

Hello.
    I have several bank connections to Wave, most of which work most of the time. (Some have been dead for about a year, despite the message “we are working on the issue”)

However, I’m trying to add an additional HSBC UK connection. I complete all of the required fields (username, memorable answer, type of login, password), and after hitting “connect” I get an error shown in a pink banner across the top of the page. It reads as follows, including the odd characters:

[u'One or more of the required fields were left blank. Please re-enter your information.']

I also am shown the spinning circle, which never stops.

Is this (another) example of Wave giving an erroneous error message? I have filled in all the fields, so that must be the case. ( I have encountered, around banking integration, several cases where the error message given is not actually the real problem. )

Please fix this bug. Either the message is wrong, or there is a field that needs to be populated but is not made available to do so.

Thanks.

edited August 29, 2018
  • GeetarJoeGeetarJoe Member Posts: 1

I am experiencing this same issue

Hi, @AndrewR and @GeetarJoe.

Could you both give me the URL of the login page for your online banking with this bank?

It's possible that a change on the side of your bank's website is stopping you from connecting.

As for fixing this, while I'm more than happy to help you troubleshoot this issue, fixing these connection issues isn't directly in our power. We use a third-party data aggregator for our bank connections, who are notified of every failed connection and will fix them according to their priority order. You can read a bit more about this here.

edited May 1, 2018
  • TailorMailTailorMail Member Posts: 1

Hi, @Alexia,

Did you manage to get a resolution on this. I am having the same issue.
    The page URL is https://www.security.hsbc.co.uk/gsa

Thanks!

• gezbogezbo Member Posts: 1

This is still not fixed?!?!

• devinestormdevinestorm Member Posts: 12

I'm having issues with my first time setup - I cant even tell if its processing or not, a couple of times I have gone through the steps of verifying you are not a robot, but then nothing happens........ doesnt say anything is wrong it just doesnt do anything? THANKS :)

Hi, @gezbo.

As mention in my last reply, fixing connection issues isn't directly in our power. Our third-party bank data provider is notified of every failed connection and will fix them following their own priorities. I recommend reading the post linked in my last reply if you'd like to know more.

Hi @devinestorm.

Can you give me a bit more details about the issue you're encountering? Are you also trying to connect your bank account to Wave? I'm not seeing any connection attempts on our end.

Could you send me a couple of screenshots detailing what happened?

Hi @Alexia,

Thanks for getting back to me. So yes I've tried connecting numerous times, from 1 bank account in UK, and 1 bank account in NZ. These are both personal accounts could that be the problem? Although the UK bank pops up with the personal bank as an option.

So I enter my login detail (screenshot below)
    Then the verify you are a person thing happens (screenshot below)
    Then it goes back to the enter my details screen and nothing happens - just does nothing (looks like the first screenshot).
    I've tried pressing connect agian
    I've left it for a long time, and nothing happens
    I've tried on Edge and Chrome

Actually this time I got an error message - I never got one before.......

Hi, @devinestorm.

Them being both personal accounts shouldn't matter, as long as your account with each of them are, in fact, personal accounts.

Clearing your browser's cache is always a good first step. So is making sure that you can log in through the link shown below the bank's name without going to a different page. Occasionally, banks will change things on their website that will break their connection with our third-party data provider.

You could also try logging in while in incognito mode.

If none of these suggestions work, it's possible that there simply an issue between our data provider and your bank. You can read a bit more about how bank connections are handled here, if you're curious.

• havenhomeorganizinghavenhomeorganizing Member Posts: 1

I am having trouble connecting to my bank. We use two credit unions and both reps I spoke with on the phone said that I could not connect Wave with my account. Both banks appear when I search them on your site. When I enter username and password, I get an error message. The rep also said that there was no way I could enter my username and password for their online banking and connect the two. So...I am frustrated. I had already created an invoice in Wave, Have heard a lot of good things about Wave, and really want to use it. Could the reps be mistaken or do I take their word for it and move on? Thanks for your help!

Hi @Alexia

I have tried clearing cache again, doing in incognito mode. The problem is it just appears to do nothing, after the verify you are a human thing......... It doesnt even seem to try and connect? You mentioned in one of the previous comments that you hadnt seen any attempts to connect? Are you able to check this again?

Do you know if there are any issues with the below 2 banks?

• Kiwibank in New Zealand
    • Natwest in the United Kingdom?

THANKS

Hi, @devinestorm.

Banks often actively try to stop third-parties from importing their data, regardless of your permission.

Furthermore, we use a third-party data provider for our bank connection system and that means that we don't have direct control over troubleshooting those issues. We do report every error to our data provider, and they work on fixing issues following their own priority order.

As for your connection attempts, it just means that you haven't been able to complete a connection attempt, so I don't see the connection on your account or an error number on our end.

Hi @Alexia

Thanks for your feedback on this. A shame its not working - it would be brilliant if it did :)

Hi, @devinestorm.

It would be amazing for bank connections to be more reliable, but it's an industry-wide problem. Our bank data provider offers connections to thousands of banks, and those institutions often don't cooperate with third-parties when it comes to exporting data, regardless of whether or not you give your permission to do so. This makes keeping bank connections across the world active and healthy difficult.

We are always working with our data provider to make connections as stable as they can be, and hopefully, they'll get to fixing the issues stopping your own connections soon.

• usbritusbrit Member Posts: 0

Hi, I've received an invoice through Wave but when I try to pay via Bank Payment (ACH) it does not recognise my login credentials for Silicon Valley Bank. I'm not sure if 'Private Bank" is the right one though. When I signed up with Wave recently for my own business account, I had to get a Direct Connect PIN and log in connect to my bank that way. Are ACH payments from Silicon Valley Bank supported?

edited August 29, 2018

Hi, @usbrit.

One of our support heroes replied to your ticket and will be following up with your there. Thank you!

• LaurawestlondonLaurawestlondon Member Posts: 1

Still can't connect my hsbc bank, do you have an idea of when it will be fixed? Will have to come off the app otherwise.

Hi, @Laurawestlondon.

There is still an issue with HSBC Bank (UK). I don't have a timeline for when it'll be fixed, but our data provider is aware of it and working towards a resolution following their own priority order.

For now, I would recommend disabling your connection entirely and uploading your bank statements manually. Here's how you can do this.

• noxigennoxigen Member Posts: 9

Bank feeds for my account have not been working for weeks now. I've verified that the credentials work through the bank and the bank has verified that the feed is on and available from there side. It's been working (mostly) fine for at least 4 years up until now.

Wave is flat out refusing to troubleshoot or try to resolve the issue, pointing to Yodlee, and refers me to manually upload bank statements. It's 2018 though and that seems so unnecessary. I know the product is free but the lack of support is hurting my business.

edited September 4, 2018
  • noxigennoxigen Member Posts: 9

Have any other customers been unable to get bank feeds for at least 3 weeks now? The troubleshooting page says that it will get fixed "in due time". :|