Bank account error Your login credentials are incorrect.

Comments

• linda_vlinda_v Member Posts: 8

Hi Zuza, I think Jamie did something to sort the problem. I have just been able to successfully add the accounts again. You may close this case. Thank you for your efforts though! :-)

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@HandymanHeadlee Definitely! I find that this feature would help our business owners who have a bigger client basis. One thing to keep in mind though (and I assume that you already know) is that you can always either CTRL/CMD + F then start typing the clients name in order to find them in the list. Perhaps not ideal, but a workaround nonetheless.

• HandymanHeadleeHandymanHeadlee Member Posts: 45

Thanks, @JamieD ! I actually didn't think to use the browser search control function, as our customer list is so long I assumed it didn't completely load without scrolling :) I'll try that as a workaround next time.

• AmandaKAmandaK Member Posts: 73 admin

@Barker2k So glad to hear the error mysteriously resolved itself on its own and you're able to log in again! Thanks so much for letting us know and fingers crossed that this doesn't happen again!

@linda_v Glad to hear that Jamie worked his magic and that you're able to successfully add accounts again! Thanks so much for circling back to let us know and for your patience throughout!

@Sven So glad to hear you're in! Thanks for circling back to let us know and hope you're enjoying your first month using Wave!

• AnthonyMAAnthonyMA Member Posts: 16

It's now February 2019, and this has still not been fixed. Removing the UK HSBC from your list of supported banks would be a good start.

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @AnthonyMA, my apologies about this! In the meantime, there is another way to import bank transactions other than our CSV upload, and thankfully it is a little easier and more user friendly. It does still involve downloading and importing a bank statement, but now we can do so directly from Google Sheets, which makes editing and tweaking data before it enters Wave a lot more efficient. You can find more out about Wave Connect here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on-

• wonjiwonji Member Posts: 3

Hi there!

I've recently had issues with my bank connection not working.

Up until two weeks ago, it's been working perfectly for about a year.

The error message I receive is:

"Your login credentials are incorrect. Please edit your credentials and re-enter your username and password. Tip: Check your caps lock, and ensure there are no spaces typed after your password."

When I try to edit the connection, the 'Username and Password' form stays blank and shows the loading circle indefinitely. The fields to enter a username or password never load or appear on screen.

When I try to add a new connection, after clicking connect, nothing happens.

I've tried various things:

• Confirmed login details are correct, via bank website
    • Tried adding new bank connections with various different banks
    • Tried various browsers and PCs
    • Tried clearing cache

I can confirm that a friend's Wave account, connected to the same bank and account types, set up identically, is working without issue.

After trying all these things, I'm inclined to believe it may be an account issue rather than a Bank, device or browser issue.

Just wondering if there's anyone here that might be able to help shed some light on how to fix this?

Thank you!
    Jacob

• wonjiwonji Member Posts: 3

Update: Thank you to the Wave team member that had a look into my account. It's working now! Thank you, love you guys - you're awesome! :)

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @wonji, great to hear that you got your connection working again! We love a good success story :) Thank you for your great feedback too!

• AlexWindsorAlexWindsor Member Posts: 0

I've just signed up to Wave and I'm getting very fed up at not being able to connect to my bank account (HSBC UK). I've logged back into my bank account so I know my log in details are correct but I keep getting an error message from Wave, telling my my details are incorrect. I thought Wave was supposed to be easy?

Hey @AlexWindsor. There is currently a known issue between your bank and our data provider (reported on March 14th). This is something that is currently being worked on through our data providers end -- once we have more information regarding this specific bank connection issue, we will let our users know! For now, you will need to upload your bank statements manually into Wave; https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621556-Upload-bank-and-credit-card-statements

• AnthonyMAAnthonyMA Member Posts: 16

Can we depend on being notified (by a comment to this discussion) when this has been fixed? I don't want to have to try endlessly to see if the feed has started functioning.

• czyadgrlczyadgrl Member Posts: 12

Was just looking for the ability to search the customer list. I don't know what it's called, but one that actively narrows down the list based on a few typed letters would be great - because I don't always know the exact spelling of a business or person. Being able to start with a few letters and the list getting shorter and shorter as you go would be really helpful.

• Posybloom_FloristPosybloom_Florist Member Posts: 1

I am having this exact problem too - trying to connect to BNZ in new zealand.
    My bank used to be connected, and somewhere along the line its dropped out and now when i try to reconnect it, literally NOTHING happens.
    Put in details, do the picture verification thing, and then it returns to the log in details screen and nothing appears to load or anything.
    Has this problem got a solution yet? I've tried all the trouble shooting methods mentioned earlier in the thread and still nothing.
    Help! :)

Hey @AnthonyMA. I'm more than happy to keep you posted on whether or not the connection between HSBC UK and our data provider has been resolved (I will update you on this thread). We are currently exploring different options in terms of the bank connection feature in Wave, and hopefully we will iron out situations such as this.

@czyadgrl Appreciate the feedback here! Still no timetable as to when we will have the search functionality within the Customers section in Wave, but hopefully we have something in the works in the future.

Hey @Posybloom_Florist. While there's no known issue as to why your specific bank connection isn't working in Wave, my suggestion is that you submit a support ticket and one of our agents should be able to assist you with this matter; https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new -- if the problem is persisting, we can escalate a service request up to our data provider to find out what's going on specifically with the connection.

• HannahBHannahB Member Posts: 0

I am having issues connecting to my bank? Westpac NZ? I have read other discussions about issues with bank connections, but they all look to be resolved. Is anyone else in NZ having issues connecting with Westpac?

• James_HudsonJames_Hudson Member Posts: 121 admin

Hey @HannahB, it looks like our banking data provider is experiencing some intermittent errors with Westpac (New Zealand). For this financial institution specifically, we've seen up and down "refresh rates" throughout the past month, meaning the connection isn't particularly reliable right now.

Our banking data provider prioritizes fixes on their end based on the errors that they see, so it's likely that greater reliability is coming down the pipeline for Westpac NZ, but it's difficult to put a date on when that might be.

If you want to troubleshoot the connection a bit more, I'd recommend checking the different connections that Wave offers for Westpac in the "Connect a Bank" area, and checking URL under the institution name against the URL that you use to access your online banking. If the two match, then you are likely trying to connect to the right institution.

If after repeated attempts to connect, you continue to see errors, there are other options available to get your information into Wave! You can upload statements to Wave, or use our Google Sheets integration to bring your transactions in at once.

edited April 16, 2019
  • louisqcarnlouisqcarn Member Posts: 2

Ive been unable to connect to my bank account since January 2019. Im still uploading bank statements. I need support with this. https://www.firstcitizens.com/

Hey @louisqcarn, thanks for reaching out and I am sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with your bank connection. It looks as though your account is not currently supported by our data provider, I apologize for this inconvenience. If you are looking for an alternative to CSV uploads we do also have Wave Connect which is Wave's official add-on for Google Sheets. This Help Centre article will walk you through the steps for getting set up! I hope this helps for now.

@Zoe_caff and thanks for the feedback. I sent 3 requests in to the support team in the past few months to add my bank. Do you know how long this process takes. There are other listings of my bank on wave but they're for other states, so its not like wave is not already connected to my bank institution. What's the hold up?

Hey @louisqcarn, thanks for getting back to me! Wave relies fully on a third party data aggregator to draw all of the bank connections we offer, we do not draw them directly, because of that issues with certain banks not being available or connection troubles are, generally speaking, outside of Wave’s immediate control.

If a specific bank is not available, we can request it from our data provider but there is no guarantee that they can access a connection and a lot of times the reason for that is down to the bank themselves. This Help Centre article explains bank connections a little bit more. I hope this helps to explain things! :smile:

Thanks I appreciate this information and hope my bank can connect soon.

• JoachimBJoachimB Member Posts: 0

Hello,

I have the message:
    "Your login credentials are incorrect. Please edit credentials and re-enter your username and password. Tip: Check your caps lock, and ensure there are no spaces typed after your password."

I have tried:
    1. Changing my password on Qonto and trying 20 times to type the password
    2. Copy pasting the password in both Qonto and Wave
    3. Trying to connect bank account in an Incognito Chrome Window

I really need to connect Qonto and Wave, there is no way to get my credentials validated.

Thank you for your help

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Sorry about that @JoachimB - please refer to this thread here for bank connection troubleshooting! https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/comment/15549/#Comment_15549

We do have two options to get your bank data into Wave if troubleshooting steps for connecting a bank do not alleviate the issue:

1) Using our CSV uploader. With the proper formatting, you are able to download a CSV document containing all of your transactions from your online banking website, and upload them directly to Wave. Check out this article on Troubleshooting your csv upload if you run into any problems when uploading your transactions.

2) You could also use WAVE CONNECT.
    Wave Connect allows you to upload or download transactional data, invoices, customer lists, etc, into a Google spreadsheet. Your excel files can be easily transferred into a Google Spreadsheet as well.

• k8andstevek8andsteve Member Posts: 3

I've given up! I have moved over to Slickpie Accounting, which is also free but a lot more powerful. I like the way Wave handles transactions but if I cant download them there is no point in staying with Wave. I advised support that Wave had stopped refreshing the bank feeds due to incorrect login details (which have been the same for ages, and still are). Furthermore I could not re-enter the login details because the form on Wave is faulty. Out of frustration I removed all bank connections and then went to add them again but when I click 'connect' nothing happens! I've tried on different computers, browsers etc and nothing works.

• MerlinAccounts_UKMerlinAccounts_UK Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

@AlexWindsor said:
    I've just signed up to Wave and I'm getting very fed up at not being able to connect to my bank account (HSBC UK). I've logged back into my bank account so I know my log in details are correct but I keep getting an error message from Wave, telling my my details are incorrect. I thought Wave was supposed to be easy?

WAVE are going to be severing bank connections from September for all UK/EU banks, so you are going to have to import via CSV OR do manual entry to record your bank activity.