Connection error: Updating your bank

Comments

• The_Imaginarium_56The_Imaginarium_56 Member Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm also having issues with connecting to ASB Bank New Zealand - which has previously been connected.

• tarahoovertarahoover Member Posts: 1

WAVE...what is going on?! I've had my Citizens Bank account connected for the last three years and all of a sudden I'm now getting this error: There is a technical issue between Wave and your bank. We're on the case. Attempt to update in a few days and if it persists, visit our help center to investigate.
    Well here I am in the help center only to find out MANY others are having this problem too. I've been trying to connect (manual resets, remove/add account, etc.) for the last week with no luck. I'm doing manual entries to keep things current, which is a pain. What's the deal? The error message indicates you know there's a problem...can you give us an ETA on when this will be fixed? I can see I'm one of many experiencing issues.

edited March 4, 2019
  • saremicksaremick Member Posts: 3

I'm having the same problem with my bank. Worked fine when I set it up a few months ago then stopped connecting a couple weeks ago. Manual refresh doesn't work.

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @tarahoover, there's currently an outage with Citizens after they made changes to their site layout, and it's affecting how our data aggregator is pulling data from your bank into Wave. It's currently affecting almost 100% of users, so please be patient while they work that out.

@Spiyda Santander is also down for similar reasons, and it looks like a fix is coming in the next couple of days; I recommend retrying it sometime later this week.

@saremick if you let us know who you bank with, we can check and see if they're being affected by similar site changes which disrupt the connection between our data provider and your Wave account. Thanks!

• SpiydaSpiyda Member Posts: 4

Santander is now fine thanks

My bank is BayCoast Bank

• sideflysidefly Member Posts: 10

@sidefly said:
    Mazuma Credit Union (United States) is not working. This message has been appearing for at least the last two days: "Wave is having difficulty communicating with your bank. Try connecting again in a few minutes. If this doesn't help, visit our help center to investigate the problem." I validated my credentials and even tried to set the account up again... neither solution has worked. I also cleared my cache/cookies and tried google chrome and chrome incognito.

The connection has been working fine since December '18 until now.

I can logon on the Mazuma website just fine.

Based on other comments, it appears some problems are spiking the last few days.

Thank you in advance for your help!

FIXED! :smile: THANK YOU WAVE!

@saremick have you run through the troubleshooting steps here yet? If so, and the issue is still happening, please let us know! For what it's worth I don't see any known issues with that bank in our portal right now, so my fingers are crossed that the troubleshooting steps work!

• Labob246Labob246 Member Posts: 7

Using Republic Bank (IL) (US). Went through the troubleshooting steps but it will not connect with our bank. I can log into the bank with the credentials I used for wave just fine. Please advise.

• northstarnorthstar Member Posts: 1

My New Zealand Westpac Bank connection stopped two weeks ago too. I can't reload and I can't upload csv. Even when I hit Help and go to send email out my problem it will not send. What is going on?

• WCSWCS Member Posts: 2

Country Club Bank connection has been down since February 11th. Deleted the connection and now it won't reconnect. Tried to find the "notify me when the connection is restored" but it's nowhere to be found. Right before tax time. Thanks a lot Wave.

@Ryan_W said:
    Hey @tarahoover, there's currently an outage with Citizens after they made changes to their site layout, and it's affecting how our data aggregator is pulling data from your bank into Wave. It's currently affecting almost 100% of users, so please be patient while they work that out.

@Spiyda Santander is also down for similar reasons, and it looks like a fix is coming in the next couple of days; I recommend retrying it sometime later this week.

@saremick if you let us know who you bank with, we can check and see if they're being affected by similar site changes which disrupt the connection between our data provider and your Wave account. Thanks!

@Ryan_W said:
    @saremick have you run through the troubleshooting steps here yet? If so, and the issue is still happening, please let us know! For what it's worth I don't see any known issues with that bank in our portal right now, so my fingers are crossed that the troubleshooting steps work!

Hi Ryan. It just started working out of the blue this morning.

• SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hey @saremick that's great to hear, thanks for updating us!

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@WCS @northstar @Labob246 my comment here may offer some additional insight. If we can help you continue troubleshooting, please follow up here or in that discussion.

• Phil_KPhil_K Member Posts: 2

Hi Admin
    ASB in New Zealand hasn't been working for a month now. I see other users are having issues to, but no one has received a response yet. Its getting tight with our end of financial year fast approaching. I have previously had a connection with no problems.
    I have tried everything on the trouble shoot page including different PC in totally different locations. The only thing I haven't tried yet is deleting the connection then reconnecting - that seems too scary this close to end of year as too much time has already been spent on this.
    Can you please tell me if a connection is being worked on
    Thanks

Hey @Phil_K I just checked in the portal with our data provider, and the current ETA on the fix with ASB is slated for April 15th, although keep in mind that these timelines can shift. I'm afraid you'll need to upload your statements for now, and check in on the connection in mid-April.

• jbrajbra Member Posts: 7

@Ryan_W @Charlotte @Sophia - It looks like I am once again having issues with Delta Community CU. Seems to happen every 6 months or so with this bank connection. Any status update on it? Thanks!

• lacocalacoca Member Posts: 1

Error connecting with Capital One - over three weeks now. Is this a known issue? Any ETA on fix? Thanks

• Dave_Howard72Dave_Howard72 Member Posts: 6

HSBC Australia & Hume Bank in Australia both of my banks now how connections issues:( Everything worked well with Wave for 10 months and now it seem all I get to do is try and fix connection errors. Losing patience with this real fast.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@jbra @lacoca @Dave_Howard72 @Adan I do think that this thread discussion would provide useful in your situations; https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/3882/how-do-i-troubleshoot-my-bank-connection/p3 -- Our data provider deals with over 10,000 separate banking institutions in Wave. As you may know, banks often update their security API systems and also request frequent password changes to make sure that all of your information is secure/safe. When that happens, this also blocks access from 3rd party data collectors from gaining access to your account to input the data into accounting software (such as Wave). We can, however, escalate specific cases up to our 3rd party to see whether or not we can get these bank connection issues resolved.. but it's best handled via a support ticket as there might be a lot of back and forth communication that goes with it. https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@Adan I do agree that the use of language when your bank connection isn't working properly could be improved... this is part of what we are exploring with a new bank connection feature implementation. Appreciate the feedback that you've given us here, and we hope to have the connection issue resolved soon with our data provider and your bank.

• KSBrownKSBrown Member Posts: 3

Any known solutions for reconnecting to Chase credit cards? I've done all of the troubleshooting tips and editing credentials, but no luck.... I can log in on their website but get this message when trying to connect through Wave: "Your bank's website appears to be experiencing technical difficulties. If you can successfully log in to your online banking, please try connecting or updating again in Wave. If the problem persists for 24 hours, please visit our help center"

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @KSBrown . It looks like our Banking Partner is having a technical issue with the Chase connection. We have a tentative ETA date of May 2nd, but this may change based on the progress made before then. I'd give it some time before trying to connect again as this connection should be back up and functioning some time in the future. In the meantime, feel free to use our Google Sheets integrations called Wave Connect which should make it easy for you to manually import bank statements into Wave.

edited May 30, 2019
  • pdettipdetti Member Posts: 19

NBT Bank connection just stopped working 5 days ago. My bank website is fine, my login works, my Quickbooks account connects fine still, but Wave stopped working. Refreshing does nothing, I deleted and re-added the account and still same error saying my bank website is having technical difficulties which is not true. Please help!?

@pdetti I just checked in with our data provider, and there's a known issue with the connection between them and NBT's site. This was reported a couple days ago, and the ETA on the fix is next Monday at the earliest (although, keep in mind that these can shift). For now, I recommend uploading your statements from NBT if you're in a pinch, and then retrying the connection sometime early next week. Feel free to check back in for a real-time update on the connection!

• manandmicmanandmic Member Posts: 1

Pulling my hair!!!!!!!
    Connecting or Editing Bank Credentials makes me wanted to chew my laptop......What is going on between Wave and DBS Singapore?? ""There is a communication error between Wave and your bank. This is usually resolved within a few days. If the problem persists or you would like to be notified when it is fixed"" Geezuz!!

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @manandmic , thanks for reaching out and I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your bank connection. As a start can you try come bank connection troubleshooting which is outlined in this help centre article. If you are still having issues with the connection then you can always upload your bank statements. I hope this helps! :smile:

• KSBrownKSBrown Member Posts: 3
    Hey guys, any update on Chase credit cards? The ETA was May 2nd but it's still not working....

> @alexlewiszarkos said:
    > Hi @KSBrown . It looks like our Banking Partner is having a technical issue with the Chase connection. We have a tentative ETA date of May 2nd, but this may change based on the progress made before then. I'd give it some time before trying to connect again as this connection should be back up and functioning some time in future. In the meantime, feel free to use our Google Sheets integrations called Wave Connect which should make it easy for you to manually import bank statements into Wave.

Hey @KSBrown. Based on what I can see from our 3rd party data collector -- there currently isn't any known issues regarding Chase credit cards.. however, I just manually forced an update on my end. Usually within 24-48 hours you should start to expect seeing transactions importing as normal and if not, please let me know so that I can further escalate this up to our data provider.

• eyelighteyelight Member Posts: 2
    In both cheque account and visa bank feeds at St. George Bank Australia there have been differences between my bank statements and the wave closing balances.
    Consequently I'm unable to reconcile accounts for the end of quarter accounts which may make me liable for a fine from the Tax Office.
    Is there a way to force reload bank feeds?