Connection error: Updating your bank

13»

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @eyelight . There is no way to re-import your bank transactions from your bank, unless you want to delete all of your transactions, and reconnect your bank connection. Even then though, the connection would only pull up to 90 days worth of transactions.

Even with your transactions automatically imported in from the bank, there are often adjustments and categorizations that need to be made so that your Wave Transactions page matches your bank balance. The best way to see where the discrepancies lie would be to filter for a specific account (chequing or visa) and month in your Transactions page, and then compare this to your Bank Statement. You can cross off bank transactions and verify/review (with the green check marks) Wave transactions as you go through them. This will help you determine where exactly the issues are and what you're missing / have extras of in your account.

• eyelighteyelight Member Posts: 2

Thank Alex
    I did eventually track down the discrepancy. WAVE incorrectly entered an amount from the bank feed. It was a phone payment which it recorded as $53 instead of $98.53.
    This makes me wonder what the advantageis is of on an online system is over my previous desktop accounting package where I would need to also check each transaction?
    (NB. No need to answer this..)

• KSBrownKSBrown Member Posts: 3

Hi Jamie,
    Every time I try to reconnect to Chase credit cards, I still get a message that reads "Your bank's website appears to be experiencing technical difficulties. If you can successfully log in to your online banking, please try connecting or updating again in Wave." I can log in to our credit account just fine so I don't know what it is about Wave that won't make the connection. How do I manually force an update like you did, or reestablish the connection?

@JamieD said:
    Hey @KSBrown. Based on what I can see from our 3rd party data collector -- there currently isn't any known issues regarding Chase credit cards.. however, I just manually forced an update on my end. Usually within 24-48 hours you should start to expect seeing transactions importing as normal and if not, please let me know so that I can further escalate this up to our data provider.

• CarrieCarrie Member Posts: 2
    Hello, my error message when I tried to reconnect my bank was "There is a communication error between Wave and your bank. This is usually resolved within a few days. If the problem persists or you would like to be notified when it is fixed, visit our help center". I bank with BMO in Canada and have asked for help by chat before. The rep said they would look into it and no one has gotten back to me. It has been like this now for 6 weeks. The last connection date was April 16th. Please help or I will have to find another software. I'm willing to pay for something that works.

Hi @KSBrown . We aren't currently seeing any difficulties between our Data Integrator and Chase, although it's very possible that there are issues that are going unreported. You can delete your connection and try reconnecting it altogether which should attempt the creation of the connection again. If this doesn't work for you, I'd encourage you to upload your transactions through our new Google Sheets integration called Wave Connect. This should make it easier to get your transactions into Wave without having to manually add them all. Check out the following Help Center article on how to get it set up. Wave Connect

Hey @Carrie . Our Data Integrator is actually showing known connection errors to BMO at the moment. They've let us know that they're actively on it and they're hoping it should be up soon. I'd say give it a go next week to see if the connection has been re-established.

edited May 30, 2019
  • MenageMendozaMenageMendoza Member Posts: 1

Hey @alexlewiszarkos any news on the BMO update? We haven't been able to connect over a week. Trying every day..

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @MenageMendoza

Just to give you an insight into how our bank connections work (or don't for that matter), is typically what happens is that your bank may make some major updates to their website or their back end API. When this happens our third party banking aggregator loses the connection and may need to establish a new one. You can imagine with thousands of banks making these updates, our third party aggregator has a bit of a difficult time keeping up.

We have already sent the institution the need for an update, and are waiting on this to be fixed. At this present time I apologize I don't have an ETA for when that will be, but you should know that our team is working diligently to get this connection sorted out. Thanks so much for your patience.

Hope you are able to upload your transactions using our CSV uploader

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621626-Upload-a-bank-or-credit-card-statement-in-csv-format

or Wave Connect

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on-

• Angel_JonesAngel_Jones Member Posts: 2

I see others are having bank connections issues. I'm having connection issues with PNC bank now. Just want to make sure this bank is on your list to fix? I have not been able to connect for 2 days now, and I get the following error, "Your bank's website appears to be experiencing technical difficulties. If you can successfully log in to your online banking, please try connecting or updating again in Wave.

edited June 18, 2019
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Angel_Jones

We are still noticing a disconnect between PNC bank and our third party bank aggregator. They have been notified of course and we're still waiting on this connection to be remedied. My post above addresses how to upload your transactions using our other methods.

• mutestylemutestyle Member Posts: 6

I can't edit the credentials for any of my existing bank connections and also can't add a new account. This has been going for over a month. I've raised a support ticket.

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@mutestyle Thanks for sending a support ticket about this. With more details about the error messages, we will better be able to diagnose the issue. In the meantime, try clearing your cache and cookies and/or signing into Wave on an incognito window. See if that makes a difference! Otherwise, our Support team will be happy to dig further into this through your ticket.

• mutestylemutestyle Member Posts: 6

@ckeen_1244 I have done that already, and tried multiple browsers, different computers and tethered to a 4G hotspot to try different internet connections. Still just hangs at trying to bring up the login. Adding a new account does nothing when I click "Connect" and eventually comes up with errors.

Sorry to hijack the thread, I have 2 support tickets open already, Can't edit credentials #959729, and can't add new account #959730

@mutestyle Thanks for sending in support tickets about this. I'm going to follow-up with you via ticket to investigate the situation further.

• k8andstevek8andsteve Member Posts: 3

Westpac NZ wont connect, hasn't done for nearly 3 months. No help from support. Cant run a business with such unreliable accounting. Waste of time, have moved over to Slickpie.

@k8andsteve Sorry to hear this! What happens when you try and connect Westpac NZ? Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned above in this thread? Just in case, I'm going to toss his here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003087843-How-do-I-troubleshoot-my-bank-connection-

• richarmwricharmw Member Posts: 2

THe bank put up a new website interface. There is no information on how to work around the error messages this causes.

• 00_Mayer_0000_Mayer_00 Member Posts: 1

At my bank, I get to choose 3 out of a large list of security questions. It appears though that Wave is importing every security question possible that my bank offers. It seems this is what is causing the error. It isn't possible to answer them all.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@richarmw @00_Mayer_00 In this situation, as mentioned in this thread already, I do think it's in your best interest to file a support ticket with us in order to get the issue with your bank connection resolved: https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/3882/how-do-i-troubleshoot-my-bank-connection/p3 -- https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We encourage our users to submit support requests so that we have all the detail we need when and if we need to escalate to our data provider regarding your specific connection (this will include screenshots, troubleshooting steps actioned, etc). When you get a chance, please submit the support request so we can further assist you here.

• carthdcarthd Member Posts: 3

Did this and still won't connect. Please help!

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @carthd, thanks for reaching out! What seems to be the issue with your connection? Have you been able to submit a support ticket with us? https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Thanks :smile:

• mishtcmishtc Member Posts: 18

Feature suggestion: It would be very helpful if there were email notifications for when the connection is lost. I thought everything was ticking along and didn't check in on it during a busy work season in the summer. Only to find that the connection needed to be reset, but when I did, it only pulled in the last three months (to be expected) and there was a big gap from the last transaction of the previous sync to the first transaction of the current sync. Had to manually enter everything in the gap. Mind-numbing. ;) Is there not a way for there to be email notifications when the connection is lost so that we can address it right away, and not have to constantly check in on it? Not having to check in on it is kinda why I've gone the route of bank connections. Otherwise I'd do the manual bank file import thing.

Hey @mishtc thanks for the request and I totally understand your want to have everything automated. With our new data aggregator that runs these connections, we actually send an email when there's a visible issue with your connection. We are currently working on moving our users over to the new aggregator, so you should hopefully be seeing this sometime in the future.

• mishtcmishtc Member Posts: 18

Awesome!! Looking forward to that.