Options

How to show a discount on an invoice

124»

Comments

• Options
    ZimboDaveZimboDave Member Posts: 9

Another workaround to the issue below, could be to allow the creation of a Sales credit note (negative invoice) and its allocation to an expense account. Then the payment from the customer could the be matched with the invoice and credit note.

• Options
    ZimboDaveZimboDave Member Posts: 9

Okay, here is my workaround until Wave functionality improves:
    1. Create Sales Invoice for gross sales amount
    2. Create Bill for the Partner Fee and tax
    3. Create a deposit to match the Sales Invoice
    4. Create a withdrawal to match the Bill amount
    5. Delete the original (net) receipt in the bank feed

• Options
    AngieSCAngieSC Member Posts: 1

Just add a column to allow for entry of a discount percentage and a column showing the discount amount for each line item that you want to apply a discount to. Problem solved??
    Item Description Price Disc% DISC AMT Amount
    xx xxxxxxxxx $10.00 10% $ -1.00 $9.00

• Options
    BobHBobH Member Posts: 1

I'm brand new to Wave Invoicing, and am a bit disappointed to see only a rudimentary work around for the use of discounts. You really need to be able to discount at TWO levels: 1) each line item (add columns) AND 2) also at the invoice sub-total level. Not one or the other.

• Options
    JdjdJdjd Member Posts: 2
    Can’t put negative numbers in IOS app
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Jdjd , the iOS app doesn't contain a negative number in the keyboard when entering in product prices. As a workaround, you can copy and paste a minus sign from another app into Wave in the meantime.

• Options
    JdjdJdjd Member Posts: 2

the developers could allow the regular keyboard to be used, but disallow anything that isn't 1-9, decimal and minus. That way we'd have access to the - button but couldn't mess up entering letters or symbols.

• Options
    SoccerGolfWineSoccerGolfWine Member Posts: 1

I want to add a Discount percentage, but can't add a > @AngieSC said:

Just add a column to allow for entry of a discount percentage and a column showing the discount amount for each line item that you want to apply a discount to. Problem solved??
    Item Description Price Disc% DISC AMT Amount
    xx xxxxxxxxx $10.00 10% $ -1.00 $9.00

I can't Add a column -- as shown above -- in Invoice Customization to do this.

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Jdjd !

If you'd like to add a discount to an invoice, you will have to apply it as a fixed amount as opposed to a percentage. Wave does not currently support discount percentages within this version of the app, I'm afraid.

If your discounts are applied as a percentage in the real world, you'll have to calculate the amount manually before applying it to your invoices. Sorry about this!

edited March 12, 2021
  • Options
    SukantaKumarSukantaKumar Member Posts: 1

You need to check PayPal invoice. It is much easier and convenient. You can add discount button where you can specify % or flat discount . You need to work in your invoicing part. Its very simple change but its hassle free for the customer. if you want you can login to paypal and create a sample invoice.

Here is the example.
    2. Website Designing www.kalyanicatering.us (One time )

(50% Discount) $150.00
    -$75.00
    3. Flyer (Kalyani Catering )

(50% Discount) $25.00
    -$12.50

• Options
    maravillamaravilla Member Posts: 5

It's pretty disappointing to still be missing such a BASIC feature as % discounts on invoices. Currently using Wave for bookeeping and Square for invoicing because of this lack of functionality. Is there an ETA yet?

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @maravilla !

I'm sorry to hear that but I appreciate you sharing your feedback with me. For full transparency, there is no plan to implement this functionality on our current product roadmap or an ETA on when or if it will ever be implemented. I no this isn't what you want to hear so I apologize for this. With that being said, what you can do is manually convert your desired discount percentage into an amount and include it as a separate item line on your invoice as a workaround. I know that this isn't ideal but it will deliver the result you are looking to achieve. You can then add the percentage conversion into the time line description or invoice notes/terms section.

edited May 14, 2021
  • Options
    TOGuyTOGuy Member Posts: 6

Shameful. NOT ON OUR ROADMAP? You guys are literally the worst game in town.

• Options
    PatGPatG Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

@JulianP said:
    Hey @Jdjd !

If you'd like to add a discount to an invoice, you will have to apply it as a fixed amount as opposed to a percentage. Wave does not currently support discount percentages within this version of the app, I'm afraid.

If your discounts are applied as a percentage in the real world, you'll have to calculate the amount manually before applying it to your invoices. Sorry about this!

Yea no I don't think so.

$100 - 20% (Discount) = $80.00

Clearly this is what computers are used for, to make life easier, not harder than it has to be. This isn't 1904 and I'm not working in a general store, so WHY WOULD I NEED TO MANUALLY CALCULATE A PERCENTAGE DISCOUNT????!!!!!!

You guys need to clean house in your management dept. I swear as soon as H&R Block bought you guys ou,t no ones home.

• Options
    Project_GuruProject_Guru Member Posts: 1
    1. COVID is almost history and the Ukraine invasion is underway and Wave still doesn't allow you to apply a discount to a line item without jumping through fire hoops LOL

I know it's free software but still. This is elemental functionality.