How to change the owner email address of your Wave account

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to change the owner email address of your Wave account

The following steps will help you change the owner or the email address of your current Wave account by adding a new email address to replace the one currently in use. 

Click on your business name...

Read the full story here

edited December 27, 2018 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• Joe_Joe_ Member Posts: 1

It does not work - I have no email setting in profile

• ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

Hi @Joe_ it sounds like you may have not created a password yet. A password is required before you can add another email address to the account. You can do so by navigating to the Profile Settings and then by clicking Password.

Once this is done, you will see the Emails & Connected Accounts menu item.

• JordanKJordanK Member Posts: 1

I've successfully added a new email address, made it the primary and then deleted the old primary account from my WAVE settings. However invoices sent from WAVE via gmail continues to send from the OLD address. How do I force emails from WAVE via gmail to be sent from the NEW address??

Please help

• NickPrestaNickPresta Member Posts: 3 admin

Hi @JordanK I'm trying to better understand the scenario you're describing.

When you say "invoices sent from WAVE via gmail continues to send from the OLD address", do you mean that invoices sent from within Wave using Gmail (example: https://d.pr/i/Ro9IrD) open in a new Gmail window with your old address? In this case, Wave opens up a new gmail window with your default gmail account. If your default gmail account is your old address, you will have to manually adjust the "from" address (example: https://d.pr/i/8WrCja) when you send the invoice.

If you mean that you see emails being sent from your old gmail address that you previously deleted when you send with Wave (example: https://d.pr/i/eqnvUf), this would be something we can look into on our end as this is not an expected experience.

Thanks

• polyteknicapolyteknica Member Posts: 1

Thank you for the information. There is the scenario, where I have one waves account with 2 businesses. I want to transfer to another person the ownership of only one of the business but not to have access to the other. Is this possible?

Kind regards,
    Gabriel

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @polyteknica. Essentially what you could do is make them an admin collaborator on the specific business that you want to transfer ownership to -- however, they will not have access to the bank connections section in Wave, or any payout related information (if applicable). I feel as though that the best case scenario here would be to have the owner that's taking over the business create a new account in Wave so they have full access to everything. Perhaps they will need to transfer information over, and this can be done using a new feature called Wave Connect; https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on-

• TeekTeek Member Posts: 23

Hi, i'm trying to add another e-mail address to my wave, i have a created a password and logged in, gone to emails and connected accounts, the e-mail i want to add is one that i had connected as an admin user, i tired to add the e-mail it's refusing and giving me an error that says "This email address is already associated with a Wave account" so i deleted the user with it's e-mail, but it's still giving me that error when i try to add the e-mail address.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Teek. It sounds like you've more than likely created an account with that email address. In this case, you will want to make sure that you login to that account (with that email address) and close it out separately from the one you are trying to have a verified email with. Once that account is completely closed -- you can add it as an email under Emails & Connected Accounts and then verify, so you can login with that email as well.

• JorgJorg Member Posts: 1
    I don’t see a business name in the top left corner of my screen. If this is meant to appear on the mobile app, which particular screen are you referring to in step 1?
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Jorg . These steps are not intended for the mobile app. Please access Wave through your computer browser and follow the steps to change the owner email address.

• NicciTNicciT Member Posts: 1
  • LyndaBLyndaB Member Posts: 1

I want to change our Admin person to Owner and the Owner to Admin, is there an easy way to do this?

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @LyndaB thanks for reaching out! The best way to do this would be to update the primary email address, this Help Centre article will show you how to do so.
    You will need to first remove this admin from your account before you can update the email on the account to theirs. You can do that in Settings > Users on your account.

• Ferdi_Van_AswegenFerdi_Van_Aswegen Member Posts: 1

Hi, I also want to change our Admin person to Owner and the Owner to Admin, is there an easy way to do this?
    I tried doing what is advised in the comment but keep on getting the following error " This email address is already associated with a Wave account."

advise

• vjolenevjolene Member Posts: 1

I want to add an email address to my account and make it the primary email. But every time I do, it says that the new email is already associated to an account--but it's not! How do I get this correct?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @vjolene! You may have more than one email address added as an 'owner'. To make an email address you have added the 'primary' email of your account, you will need to click the star icon to the right of it under your added emails in the account settings. The steps for adding a new primary email address and starring it can be found in this Wave guide: Change owner email. I'm also going to send you an email just incase we have to do some further investigating to get to the bottom of this. You can reply directly to the email with any further questions :)

@Ferdi_Van_Aswegen I see you are in contact with one of our Support agents in regards to this! I'll let you resolve this over email as it may involve some back and forward to get to the bottom of this :)

• weezweez Member Posts: 1

Hi There, I have the following senario and need help please:
    I have an account with an email admin@business1
    My accounts lady has an account with an email accounts@business1
    But we have 3 businesses that we are creating invoices for.
    We would like to send the invoices from each of the different business names without creating new accounts for each.
    ie. accounts@business1 ; accounts@business2 ; accounts@business3
    How do i add these extra 2 email addresses as options for sending invoices from them?
    Thanks for your help

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @weez

So first of all, you'd need to add the emails as a verified email address as opposed to an editor or admin for instance.

You can do this by selecting the business name at the top left > manage your profile > emails and connected accounts > add new email.

Once you've verified these emails they can access the account as a full permissions user, but you can now change your invoice send from the different email addresses.

A few caveats here:

1. This email cannot be associated with a different primary Wave account email.
    2. The user will have full permissions to your Wave account, including account closure, banking, payments etc.
    3. When you add a user through this method, it uses one password. You'll want to create a universal password to share with all three emails.

I know this may be a bit confusing, but I do hope it helps with your business.

• Barsin
  • RoxanaRoxana Member Posts: 0

How do I edit the profile of the business. am having trouble logging in with my preferred email. The login page defaults to a client's email. GRRRRR!

Hey @Roxana! Thanks for reaching out! I have moved your comment to a thread about updating the owner email address of your Wave account. Some of the information here may be useful to you! I also recommend reading this Wave guide - change owner email address.

edited October 3, 2019
  • CloutierCandCCloutierCandC Member Posts: 1
    This doesn't work as I do not see my business name in the top left corner of my screen, or anywhere on the screen for that matter. i went through all the screens I could.
  • ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @CloutierCandC! Can you send me a DM with a screenshot of what you're seeing on your screens? Would love to get to the bottom of this with you!

• hookuprobhookuprob Member Posts: 2

hi, thanks for the info, unfortunately i do not have the option to go to emails and connected accounts. When i go into manage your profile i only get these options:

Personal Information
    Password
    Email Notifications
    Businesses

and none of these options allows me to enter another email?

any help would be appreciated.

• hookuprobhookuprob Member Posts: 2

could it be because i sign in with my google account?

Hey there @hookuprob

You're correct when you speak of using your google sign-on. Go into passwords and create one (keep it the same as your google if you wish, as this feature should still work, however your account just needs a password first).

find emails and connected accounts and add a new primary email address. You should then be able to achieve the steps @EmmaP mentioned in her previous post.

• david_boothdavid_booth Member Posts: 6

I've added a second email address and asked for verification BUT the following screen about "Confirm Your Email" says it has sent the confirmation request to my (previously confirmed) primary address and it doesn't arrive, even if I ask to resend.
    I need this because the receipt link sent to paying customers contains my address which is not where it needs to go!!

I deleted that newly added email and added it again. This time wave said it sent verification request to the new address but it hadn't arrived after 15 minutes so I asked for resend and wave said it was going to my primary again but it didn't arrive there after another 10 mins.

Did all that again - deleted user, added user, waited, asked for resend - same results.
    Each time I did get email about address removed and address added. Just no verify link for the new address.

edited December 7, 2019

Hey @david_booth

I've reactivated both emails on our server, can you try this action again?

Sometimes the email address may receive bounce backs or server errors. I'm hoping this reactivation works, otherwise you may need to reach out to your email server host and ask them to whitelist Waveapps.

edited December 11, 2019