How to change the owner email address of your Wave account

13»

Comments

• Safety1stSafety1st Member Posts: 3

I followed those steps, received an email notifying me that another email address was added, but there was no link or any obvious ways of 'verifying' the new address. My profile still shows that its 'waiting for verification'. I have deleted it and re-added the address, but no luck. Please advise as the other comments here don't seem to give a resolution.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @WesleyFalconer !

I'm afraid that you can only have one primary email address per Wave account. If you'd like to have 2 different primary email addresses associated with each of your businesses, you'll need to have both businesses on separate Wave accounts.

Hello @Safety1st !

After taking a closer look on the back end, it looks like your new email address was added to your account successfully. Based on your email records, it looks like you received the appropriate email notifications as well. Also, I can confirm that this email address is already verified.

I hope that helps!

• RfroseRfrose Member Posts: 1

My business partner has now left the company, but she set up the Wave account and is shown as the owner. I have changed all the personal details to myself and made my email the primary email, but I cannot find a way to change my status from editor to owner. Is this possible?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Rfrose , the account owner would have to switch their account email to yours. As an editor, because you're not considered the owner of the account, you can't make any of these changes on your own. You'll have to ask your business partner to re-access the account and add an email of yours as an owner on the account. If you do want to add your pre-existing email, you will have to delete your Wave account as it is currently associated to another, otherwise you can just have a new email added to the account.

edited January 14, 2021
  • WavieWavie Member Posts: 7

Please can someone assist me. I had a primary e mail address that no longer receives e mails. I tried to delete it and reset it, but I am not receiving the verification e mail.It is not in my junk folder either.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Wavie !

I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing this issue. I did some digging on my end and I noticed that you email was blocking incoming Wave emails. No need to worry though. I have since reset this on my end so you can now receive emails moving forward. I have also sent the email in question a verification email in advance. I hope this helps!

• WavieWavie Member Posts: 7

Thank you so much!!
    All sorted!🎉

• microsmithmicrosmith Member Posts: 1

I am a CPA, and thought I would try setting up a client that started a business last year on Wave. I was successful in but I set everything up on my personal Wave account so I could be sure everything worked before I turned the account over to my client. I want the business owner's email to be assigned as the primary account. To do this I first added the client as a user with full admin privileges. They accepted the invite and could access the account. It was only after I added them as a user that I learned the correct way would be to just add their email account and then assign it as primary. Sadly I got the message "This email address is already associated with a Wave account". I directed the client to close the wave account thinking that was all that had to happen to add their email account, but even after they closed their Wave account I get the same "This email address is already associated with a Wave account". I want to be able to help other clients transition to Wave. Will the database reset overnight? How can we resolve this.

The whole experience has been frustrating. My first idea was to set up a new wave account for the client using their e-mail address, export data from the original account, then import that data into the client's new Wave account. Again, sadly, when I got the email from wave saying the download was ready, clicking the link sent me to a page that said "This site can’t be reached". I have tried this multiple times with no success.

• KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @microsmith ,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble adding your client as the new account owner. In order to successfully add your client as the new account owner, they should be removed as a user on the account completely. If they were added as an Admin or with any other user permission, that would need to be removed. As well, your client's email address should not be associated with any other Wave account. Once this is done, you should be able to add their email address to the account and mark them as the primary account owner.

As well, in the event that you are setting up other clients on Wave, I do want to mention that changing the primary owner of an account applies the change to all of the business profiles within the account. Therefore, if you are setting up many business profiles under your personal Wave account, you would not be able to separate each business and assign a new primary owner to each one.

The alternative is, as you've mentioned, to export all of the data and import that data into a new account created with your client's email address. To help with this process, I would recommend trying out our Google Sheets Add-On tool, Wave Connect. This will help you export all of the data into a Google Sheet so that you may easily import it to the new account. For more information, check out this Help Centre article.

• SLVyogaSLVyoga Member Posts: 2

Please help! I am trying to add a new email account on my waves profile but I am not receiving any verification email. I have tried multiple times but still nothing is coming through...