How to create a bill

13»

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @TreLeoni , to add a discount to a Bill, you can add a new product line with a negative amount. For example, you can add a product called "Discount 15%" and make the amount of the product "$-15" which will decrease your total Bill amount by such.

Hi @Goody , this functionality isn't available in Wave at the moment so you would have to manage this manually.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Goody

If you haven't checked out our TRACKING INVENTORY help center article, I'd give this a read.

If you'd like to offset a future invoice to offer credit based on the sale between you and your vendor, you can simply add a negative line item called "credit" if you want. This will reduce the amount of the invoice.

I think THIS THREAD might help you as well!

• MateenMateen Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    I want to import Un-Paid bulk Bills, which i have in CSV and Ms excel formats.
    How would I able to import in Wave App?

• FawnFawn Member Posts: 2

I followed the above instructions to create a bill for monthly vehicle lease payments. All fields entered and due date in the future but it keeps telling me "Error saving bill" with no description of what the error is?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Mateen !

I'm afraid that this functionality is not currently supported by Wave. You will need to create your bills manually via Purchases > Bills. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello @Fawn !

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you mind sending me a screenshot of the error you are seeing on your end along with how you recorded your bills? This will give me a better understanding of your issue. Please be sure to remove or cover any sensitive information before sharing any images with me.

edited December 11, 2020
  • EdBoyleEdBoyle Member Posts: 1

Hi, is there a way to enter a bill (or vendor's invoice) that is 'pending' approval and have it sit (not in Payables) until it is 'Approved for Payment" (and then ideally a payment date assigned to it....eg pay it April 15, 2021)...and then have it move to Payables for subsequent processing/payment?

• L4C_AdminL4C_Admin Member Posts: 2

Why do some Bills have the ability to Duplicate while others don't. There is no rhyme or reason when this happens. I was just creating a bunch of Bills since it is the beginning of the year. Some have the "Duplicate" in the pull-down menu and some don't.

edited January 27, 2021

Hey @EdBoyle !

Great question. I'm afraid that this functionality is not currently supported in Wave. I apologize for the inconvenience. However, I appreciate you reaching out about his.

Hello @L4C_Admin !

After doing some testing on my end, I am not experiencing the same behaviour in Wave. For next steps, I suggest trying some browser troubleshooting steps. We have a guide that you can check out here. If the issue persists, please let me know.

• BigBadBobBigBadBob Member Posts: 3

I see that the ability to attach the electronic vendor invoice to a bill has been asked for now for years but still does not exist. I am considering moving several companies that I manage over from Quickbooks Online and we use this feature to be able to refer to and view the original invoices from our vendors. We can use a separate scanning / filing system but I would prefer not to. Do you see this as a feature that will be coming soon?

Hey @BigBadBob !

For full transparency, I'm afraid that this feature is not on our current product roadmap. However, we are rolling out a new receipts update in mid June where you will be able to attach receipts directly to your expense transactions. The reason I'm mentioning this is because when you mark your bills as paid in Wave generating a bill payment expense transaction, you might be able to attach your bill to it using this workflow as a workaround. However, since this feature hasn't been released yet, I am unable to confirm if this will work. Feel free to try it out when the update is released. This workaround may suffice!

edited June 4, 2021