How to email your receipts to your Wave account

12346»

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @PatG !

It sounds like your receipt is getting stuck in the uploading faze. I'm sorry to hear that. As a start, we can go through some initial troubleshooting to see if we can help you resolve the problem.

• Try closing and re-launching the app.
    • Log out and back into the app.
    • Check to make sure that you're connected to a cellular data or WiFi network.
    • Ensure that you've turned on permissions from the settings menu of your device.
    • Restart your device.
    • Delete and re-download the app

If following these steps don't resolve the error you're experiencing, please let me know.

edited February 19, 2021
  • KathyDKathyD Member Posts: 1

This thread is over 2 years old now with no progress.

It seems _critical _to:

1. handle receipts sent via email (inline text, not only as attachments).
      2.accept forwards from multiple addresses (either by identifying more of my emails or mimicking other receipt companies and providing a unique sent TO address... )

I hope this will see some movement as without this you don't have a complete receipt-handling system for accounting.

• NJANJA Member Posts: 11 ✭✭

You should adopt a similar enhancement to Evernote, add something like "#business-id" to the subject line to select which business the receipt goes in to.

• HensonHenson Member Posts: 3

Where will the receipt import - Please include the steps. LIke 1-Purchasing/Accounting, 2-Bills. The first time I did this was great. Now I don't know if the email didn't go through, I can't find it, wrong address, what? Thank you

• P3_CoachingP3_Coaching Member Posts: 1

You might want to add two things:
    1-picture must be taken using the APP
    2-you can use BOTH the APP or the webpage to find the imported receipt

Thanks

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @Henson, the receipt will import into the Purchases > Receipts page in your Wave account, on the web app. Once imported, you can review the details, and then post it to your accounting as a transaction :smile:

• _Derek__Derek_ Member Posts: 62 ✭✭

Why does it have to be a attachment and a PDF. Why can't I just forward a receipt email? Why does it have to be from the primary account? (only works when your a single person company)

Why make your customers jump through these unnecessary hoops? As a good friend of mine always says - Wav does it all and it all very mediocre. This is proving true because as our business grows, there seems to always be a "limitation" caused by artificial limitations, half though-out, or very poorly implemented services. Here is another example. The new banking service as limitation that don't work for most business either.

Sure wish we could actually pay for you services to fix some of these really frustrating limitation we keep running into,.

BTW - why does it have to be sent by the primary email? Why not the domain? Approved senders? The thought that this is somehow "secure" is a completely ill-thought-out idea of security. We can configure any mail server in less than 30 seconds to send mail as another domain. Again - making customers jump through hoops and providing limitations for what purpose?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey Derek !

At this time, the email feature only supports the following formats: PDF, jpg/jpeg, tiff/tif, bmp and png. The reason why you can't forward an email receipt is because it isn't a stable functionality since other emails are included with this process. And to answer your third question, you have to use your primary email account because this is the email that "hosts" your Wave account and businesses. If you use another email, Wave is unable to successfully email your receipt into your Wave account. Please keep in mind, Wave will be retiring the email receipt functionality next week as we roll out our new Receipts update. Feel free to learn more here.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and these limitations you mentioned. Wave is designed to target small businesses. As a result, Wave may not offer some of the features larger businesses may be looking for. If you fall in this category and Wave isn't the right fit for you, I apologize for the inconvenience.

edited June 9, 2021
  • MayurMayur Member Posts: 6

this is very useful and mostly used feature for us... please do not remove it.

@JulianP Regarding your comment about targeting small business. I am a one person show - the definition of a small business.

I also think you have it all wrong - you comment suggests smaller business don't need automation when in fact, small businesses need more features and automation, not less, because they do not have the resources of a large company. For example, Wave's new receipt process has made things 100%+ more slow and much more difficult for small business. In this case, Wave just replaced a receipt "management" feature with transactional one thereby forcing all your customers right straight back to the 1990's of manually managing receipts until they can get them into a "transaction". Some very nice and simple automation replaced with automation or value at the point of purchase.