Report of Sales By Product

13»

Comments

• Options
    RonyRony Member Posts: 7
    My vote to add this feature too
  • Options
    AlfajuencerAlfajuencer Member Posts: 2

I second the request for this feature. It's not about inventory management, but rather understanding how each product is performing.

• Options
    mongeasymongeasy Member Posts: 1

Being able to view sales per product is essential, it baffles me that so many years later, the feature is still not part of the Wave platform. Please integrate the feature.

• Options
    flutesonlineflutesonline Member Posts: 2

I am repeating some of what has already been said over the many months (years).
    A report of products sold is essential.
    The global export is no good as the product number is mixed in with name and invoice number.

Every few weeks I go over the sales of each item so I know how many to re-order. I use a product sold report a lot in Quick-books. I may not be able to switch until this report is available OR at least have the product number in the global report as its own column. That would work

• Options
    eribruskieribruski Member Posts: 1

4 years later and nothing. Just a curious inquiry.. what are waveapps current priorities in improving the user interface and adding much needed features?

• Options
    Mk786Mk786 Member Posts: 1

New to Wave. Looking for the same as others - A report of items sold per time period.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @eribruski , our major UI change to come is a revamp of our transactions page so that our UX looks and feels better and so we can do a better job supporting foreign currency exchange in the software. We also have Wave Money releasing in the near future which will allow users to set up a bank account with Wave.

edited October 23, 2020
  • Options
    WallaceL1WallaceL1 Member Posts: 1

Hi. I also recently set up an account on Wave, and within a short period of time began exploring the reporting capabilities and quickly realized the shortcoming in the reporting of sales by product. I too would like to reiterate what everyone has been saying on here, that I am hesitating on getting fully set up on Wave because of the lack of this report! Also, I find it an interesting fact that nothing has been done about this request that has been going on for quite a few years! I believe that y'all (Wave) would have more customers that would utilize your paid services if you had this one feature! I will be waiting to hear that it is coming down the pipeline!

• Options
    KimberlyBKimberlyB Member Posts: 1

I just wanted to state that I also need to have a report for Sales by Product category. I can get a detailed breakdown in Wave of my expenses (which is great for my income tax) but I need to be able to see the breakdown of my sales by products (in my field not all of my products are taxed). I mainly use this for Sales & Used taxes because of the way I have to enter it in the tele-file system... I can't just say I owe "X" in sales tax, I have to actually give the number of total sales, the number of exempt sales and the system tells me what I owe. This report also gives me a way to see, at a glance what are our most popular products and which ones are lagging.

• Options
    BreakwaterBreakwater Member Posts: 1

I want to add that yes, this is a very important, and necessary feature of my accounting software. Nowhere can I see what my invoices total for each service/product. ALSO, the suggestion to download all data doesn't work. The bill_items.csv file is empty for me. I can't see any invoice data. Is this feature broken?

• Options
    MarkAbramsMarkAbrams Member Posts: 2

+1 for this feature. Sales by product/service help make important business decisions about item leaders and continuing/discontinuing a product/service.

• Options
    CanopyAnthonyCanopyAnthony Member Posts: 1

+1 for this feature request.

@MitchellGillespie Is this in the pipeline at all? The original request was from more than 4 years ago.

Thanks!

• Options
    GlowcleanGlowclean Member Posts: 2

We also need a report of sales by product. We have been using Wave for over a year now and as time goes on there are things I really love, and things that I really hate. For one thing, syncing to our bank accounts no longer works and so now everything is manual. I added GIFI codes manually to every account so I could better file our taxes. That seems like something should have been a thing. Our business started offering more services over the last year, and now I need to know how much of our income was from projects vs recurring services, and I can't because I don't have a basic report of sales by product. How is this not a basic function? At this point, Wave is just a really great payroll processor for us and I'm building my own spreadsheets to fill in the gaps on the accounting side of things.