How to add a new business to your Wave account

13»

Comments

• KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @gj44ldh , at this time Wave does not offer job or project-based accounting. This is because we're focused primarily on being a financial management software rather than a project management software. Wave does offer the ability to categorize transactions as a similar option. You can learn about those here.

You also have the option to open multiple businesses within the same Wave account treating each one like a different project. This is another common workaround some of our users do, so you can switch between them with just a few clicks.

• MarkWaveMarkWave Member Posts: 1

Hello! Loving Wave but i do have a fundamental issue. When I first used Wave the company was based in the UK. Then it moved to Spain. I am fairly certain the new address included the correct country when edited, but i have recently noticed that the country is showing as United Kingdom, all other fields are correct street name etc for Spanish address When I go to change this, it allows me to select Spain, but will not save as Spain; remaining as United Kingdom - this has to be rectified. So, I thought no bother, I will create a New Business with correct address; but it is only showing USA and Canada now, as pointed out below - please advise how to change the country properly.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @MarkWave !

I'm afraid that this issue is related to Wave sunsetting support for users located outside of Canada and the US. To learn more about this decision and how it impacts existing Wave users outside of these areas, feel free to check out this Community discussion.

edited April 21, 2021
  • SteffieSteffie Member Posts: 1

Hi, I am a UK user with an existing Wave account. I have enjoyed using Wave. Now I want to add a second company under my account. Is it still possible? I understand you have decided not to cover UK market anymore.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Steffie !

As a result of Wave's decision around international user support, I'm afraid that you won't be able to create new business profiles. You will only be able to access your existing business profile. To learn more, feel free to click here.

edited June 2, 2021
  • GilliganGilligan Member Posts: 3

Honestly, there is no point in adding multiple businesses with Wave.

They just end up making you look very stupid and unprofessional.

There is no default email PER business, so all your emails default to the main one of the account. Originally you could only change it manually when sending invoices but they finally allowed that same thing when sending receipts too.

BUT any reminders or reoccurring invoices (SUPER USEFUL for some businesses) it will send out as the default email.

This is just SUPER unprofessional because now my rental tenants and Audio Video clients get invoices and reminders from my Screen Printing company.

This really would take one of the coders VERY little time to remedy but until they decide to give that job to someone to spend half a day on then we are stuck looking like morons that don't know how to send emails from the proper accounts!

So why even have multiple businesses under one account if you can't even use them?!