Overview of receipts

124»

Comments

• SueC56SueC56 Member Posts: 2

Sorry if someone already said this, for things I order online (just about everything) I find that I can go to the invoice online. Then I "print" the page to a PDF. I can then upload the PDF to receipts. This saves me from having to email or scan or photograph the receipts. Hope that helps someone. @NCC And yes, then you have to merge them with your bank transactions, (or delete the bank transaction, as mentioned). This I do on my computer, not my phone. I can't address the issues with the phone app.

Sue

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @JayWhatCanISay ! When you upload a receipt and it appears in the "Review" section of the app, once you enter the appropriate information and press "Post to Accounting", it should appear under the "Done" tab. If this is not happening, I suggest trying the mobile app troubleshooting steps below:

• Try closing and re-launching the app.
    • Log out and back into the app.
    • Check to make sure that you're connected to a cellular data or WiFi network.
    • Ensure that you've turned on permissions from the settings menu of your device.
    • Restart your device.
    • Delete and re-install the app.
    edited September 30, 2020
  • AsharWaleedAsharWaleed Member Posts: 1

I uploaded the PDF files but I have to manually add the information why is that so?

• JohnTXJohnTX Member Posts: 1

I'm curious about why the Android app isn't available in the Play Store. Apps are usually excluded because of security issues, instability, or lack of compliance with Android policies. Are one of those issues the reason the app needs to be downloaded manually?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @AsharWaleed

Sometimes our OCR (Optical Character Recognition) may not fully detect your PDF file and require you to submit your information manually. I do apologize about that!

Hey @JohnTX

Check out This Thread for more info on that, or see my quote below!

Pardon the technical jargon, but just wanted to clarify the issue we ran into with our app in the Google Play store and how its removal was not a security related matter.

Our Receipts app was built to support Android hardware with 32 bit architectures. The current version doesn't have 64 bit support, which prevents it from meeting a hard requirement for distribution in the Google Play Store. We've decided in the interim, to host the app ourselves in order to have the flexibility of providing bug fixes and security updates for existing users. We are looking at rolling out a new Receipt scan experience with 64 bit support which would replace the existing Receipts app once available.

Hopefully this makes sense and don't hesitate to reach out if you have other questions regarding this!

• KeyKey Member Posts: 1

Love that I no longer have to shove my gas reciepts in the glove box until tax time and that I can capture the info before half of them fade beyond recognition. The only thing that would save me soo much more time is if wave apps could tally up the receipts and provide a running total. Is it possible to add that feature?

• aleighsmilealeighsmile Member Posts: 1

I want to manually enter my receipts. Is that still an option?

Hey @Key !

I'm afraid that this functionality is not currently supported in Wave. For full transparency, we don't current have this feature on our product roadmap and we don't have an ETA on when or if this feature will be implemented. With that being said, we are not dismissing your feedback as we frequently revisit feature ideas. Thanks for reaching out.

Hello @aleighsmile !

When it comes to uploading receipts, we haver a great guide you can check out here.

If you want to manually record a transaction for your receipts, you can definitely do so by heading over to your Accounting > Transactions page and pressing the "Add expense" button in the top right corner.

• MelissaKeyserMelissaKeyser Member Posts: 2
    When I post a receipt, it seems to creates a new transaction, creating a duplicate from the transaction already pulled from my bank. How can I prevent this, or how can I somehow link the receipt to the individual transaction?
    Thank you! I love not having to hold on to all this paper!
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @MelissaKeyser , we also love that you no longer have to hold on to all that paper! Sifting through it can get pretty tedious.

This is actually a super common question that users ask so we've created a handy Help Center article that should break down the best way to handle this moving forward.

edited January 19, 2021
  • CooperLaneDesignsCooperLaneDesigns Member Posts: 1

I have a few receipts for RETURNS I have made at retailers. The system doesn't seem to allow for negative numbers, so how do I indicate that this was a return instead of a purchase?

• spg1122spg1122 Member Posts: 1

Hi there, I had the wave invoice app on my android phone but it's not there any more. Could you please let me know why it was removed for Australian users?

• VV_AdminVV_Admin Member Posts: 3

My company has multiple employees who use company credit cards. How can I set them up so individual employees can upload receipts with their phones without being primary users.
    Example: Mary is the primary adminstrator of the Wave account. John is a credit card holder. Mary wants john to go to a store and make a purchase and afterwards upload the receipt into Wave. But, Mary does not want John to be able to view the company information in Wave.

Hey @CooperLaneDesigns , as it turns out our Receipts product doesn't track refunds. To bookkeep this, you can add an expense transactions in your Transactions page and categorize it as Refund for Expense. You can then select the appropriate expense account that the original expense originated from.

Hey @spg1122 , we didn't remove apps from anyone's phone although we did remove the apps from the app store for users outside of Canada and the US as we've limited signups in these areas.

Hey @VV_Admin , we don't currently have a user permission from this type of case. The closest thing you'd be able to add one of your credit card holders as would be an editor but this would mean that they can edit other aspects of content in your Wave account as well.

edited February 9, 2021
  • MAngelesMAngeles Member Posts: 1

Can I upload multiple receipts at the same time?

Hi @MAngeles , you can drag and drop numerous receipts into the receipt uploader in Wave to upload multiples at the same time.

• Jut99Jut99 Member Posts: 2

I just added an additional email address to my Wave account but when I send receipts from that address they don't show up in Wave.
    Can I configure it so one email address sends receipts to one of my businesses and my other email address sends receipts to my other business?

UPDATE: I learned that I can invite that other email address as a new user, which should do it, but since that email address is already in the system, when I "accept" the invitation, I login with that email address, but it logs me into my main account, so I can't affectively accept the invitation. This seems like a website flaw.

• Jut99Jut99 Member Posts: 2

@Jut99 said:
    I just added an additional email address to my Wave account but when I send receipts from that address they don't show up in Wave.
    Can I configure it so one email address sends receipts to one of my businesses and my other email address sends receipts to my other business?

UPDATE: I learned that I can invite that other email address as a new user, which should do it, but since that email address is already in the system, when I "accept" the invitation, I login with that email address, but it logs me into my main account, so I can't affectively accept the invitation. This seems like a website flaw.

UPDATE: I deleted my second email address from my primary account and then added that email as a new "admin" user in my second business and it still won't accept receipts. what the heck

• WaveappsUserXWaveappsUserX Member Posts: 5

Hello Everyone,
    I would really appreciate if you can help me here. Is there a way to find receipts for particular merchants? Or even by date? Thanks in advance

Hey @Jut99 , take a look at our Help Center article on emailing receipts. There is some criteria which needs to be met when emailing receipts which includes sending from the primary email address on your account.

Hey @WaveappsUserX , as it turns out, there's no tagging system that would allow you to search receipts from specific vendors. What I may suggest moving forward is that when you upload a receipt, you add a vendor to the corresponding transaction in your Transactions page so that you can track it moving forward.

edited March 9, 2021
  • ICRICR Member Posts: 1

What happens if we only have 1 item on a long receipt that should be added to the account? For example, go to Wal Mart and buy groceries and a phone case, but only the phone case is added to the account.

• kostrategykostrategy Member Posts: 1

I just got an email that you guys are getting rid of the Receipts app? This was super handy for snapping a picture of the receipt and uploading it to my account. Moving forward if this app is gone, does this mean i have to upload my receipt another way to my computer and then add it manually to the waveapps.com transactions dashboard?? I think this is way less convenient than keeping the app..

• APPAPP Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Hopefully everyone on this thread knows Wave (H&R) plans to kill the Receipts App and OCR in May 2021.

Good luck hunting for a new software.

Hey @WaveappsUserX , you can change the receipt amount to represent just the phone case and add a note to the transaction. That way when you look at it in the future you know exactly what it represents.

• Bj84Bj84 Member Posts: 1

Why can I not download the receipts app by wave to my mobile in Australia

Hey @Bj84 !

As of November 30, 2020, the Wave Invoice and Wave Receipts apps are only available to users in the United States and Canada I'm afraid. To learn more about this decision, feel free to click here.

• MGDMGD Member Posts: 6
    Will sub-totals auto populate after I use for a while or is there something Im doing wrong? None of the receipts I’ve uploaded have calculated the sub-total. Not an issue in itself but when I add my 2 taxes they show as zero unless sub total is filled out.

I’m also having issues with taxes not calculating properly on the occasional receipt, but I’m guessing this is a separate issue,
    ie: receipt shows $4.55 total, 4.48 subtotal, 0.03 for 5%tax, 0.04 for 7% tax. Wave shows 4.55 total, Subtotal 0, Tax 0. After manually entering subtotal, then selecting both taxes, the tax amounts auto-calculate as 0.22 for 5% tax and .31 for 7% tax
    Why would this be happening?
  • KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @MGD !

As it turns out, the sub-totals and taxes don't auto-populate when uploading receipts I'm afraid. These sections of the transaction have to be entered manually.

The issue you're facing with the tax calculations, is because sales tax is calculated as a percentage of the sub-total, rather than on the specific items to which tax is applied, as Wave can't detect which items tax is applied to. This is partially why the sub-totals and taxes aren't auto-populated, as they often require adjustment.