Options

Bill Attachment

Comments

• Options
    ncruz1980ncruz1980 Member Posts: 1

I love to have this feature too! I scan my mail and like to keep Bills attached to the actual bill entry!

• Options
    ViralProViralPro Member Posts: 1

Hi @JamieD , @Zoe_caff and rest of the Wave team,

You asked for use case scenarios and gotten a few really good ones. I just would like to add for ANY business in 2019 that does online sales/purchases, especially the growing gig economy connecting the original electronic invoice/receipt is vital.

A further feature suggestion I'd like to add is the ability to upload an invoice directly from URL, in addition to be able to add as an attachment.

Thanks for continuing to be on the leading edge!

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey all! Thanks again for your detailed feedback and input here -- again all of this information is useful for when our product team is making decisions on rolling out new features within our software. I just wanted to drop in and let you know that your voices are being heard and we are paying attention here .. so if there is anyone else who would like to chime in with more feedback, we would be happy to pass along!

• Options
    ndasindasi Member Posts: 1

Hi admin, i used Waveapps in managing my business and i find it difficult to track down the original copies of my invoices. It will be great if i will be able to attach invoices when i am creating bills, this will ease me in tracking down this bills most especially during my annual audits.
    Regards.

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

We really appreciate the input, @ndasi! Thank you and welcome. :)

• Options
    JM_SEARSMED28JM_SEARSMED28 Member Posts: 4

Pls make it happen. :)

• Options
    JM_SEARSMED28JM_SEARSMED28 Member Posts: 4

Please make it happen. BILL Attachment please. :)

• Options
    JarmanJarman Member Posts: 13

That's a plus one for me! I get sent multiple invoices either by post or email by my suppliers on Net 30 terms. So the ability to OCR scan them, import details and then create a bill from them, would be amazing.. ( Zoho Books does this but at a cost, so kudos to Wave as no one else does OCR scanning, intergrated) Also being able upload multiple documents at a time would great.

Whilst on the subject of features, it would be great if we could choose a vendor and bulk record payments for outstanding bills ( massive time saver). Unless this is already possible??

edited April 28, 2019
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@JM_SEARSMED28 @Jarman Appreciate the feedback and the +1's you've given us here for the feature request in the discussion.

As for the second part of your question @Jarman -- there isn't an obvious way to bulk record payments for outstanding bills, the only real workaround is creating a bulk expense transaction and splitting it into the bills that are outstanding (which simultaneously, selects the vendor associated with each bill).

• Options
    JarmanJarman Member Posts: 13

@JM_SEARSMED28 Ok thanks yeah actually my payments show up in transactions as they are imported from my connected bank, so that helps. However; it would still be great if there was some one to select multiple bills to assign that expense to. In my case I could have up to 50 bills?

• Options
    rentlrentl Member Posts: 8

This has felt like a huge oversight from the beginning. I want to be able to Upload a Bill (in the same way I upload a receipt), and it gets stored as an outstanding payable. I could then see at a glance from my dashboard what I need to pay, and should I need to investigate that invoice, can see exactly what the Vendor sent me, rather than just the few details that tediously and manually entering a Bill would show.

• Options
    LLMcMorrisLLMcMorris Member Posts: 1

I agree this needs to be addressed. I'd be fine with the actual pdf or jpg residing somewhere else but there needs to be a way to link the invoice to the bill. Hope y'all are working on this. Thanks!

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @LLMcMorris, @rentl, thanks a lot for your feedback on this! Your in put is not being ignored I assure you!

• Options
    te3rete3re Member Posts: 3

Another vote for this. Xero has the function which works well for our other entity as I load the bills for payment in Wave, but our Treasurer approves the payment and sets it up with the bank. To not have the paperwork attached when he goes to create the payment means I have to add the additional step of making sure he has a copy of each bill either via email or in an agreed stored location, labelled correctly so he can find it without hassle and double check the details. In Xero, for him to simply click the link, see the original, and confirm the payment details makes it significantly easier for both of us.

• Options
    QuickbooksQuickbooks Member Posts: 7

Another vote for attachments!!! I considered leaving for quickbooks because it is able to do attachements. I can attach invoices/even paid checks to keep track of information with quickbooks.

• Options
    KatNZKatNZ Member Posts: 1

Absolutely another vote with this. I've just switched from Xero to Wave and find this to be a bit of a surprising omission. Also, what about being able to attach files to send with sales invoices? Is that something you'll be looking at?

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

@KatNZ I can't say too much about attaching files to invoices other than
    rdj

Stay tuned!

• Options
    richardwhateverrichardwhatever Member Posts: 2

Another vote for this. Our vendor bills are scanned by the receptionist in the office, and we'd like to be able to bulk upload them into an inbox on Wave and then ideally they'd be processed similar to Receipts with OCR etc.... Then we could double check and accept.

• Options
    Z0e_KarunyaZ0e_Karunya Member Posts: 2

I would love to be able to attach the original bills to my entered bill so I can refer back to it. This would help a lot! In addition, I would like to be able to print out all the bills and see the account allocation clearly so I can check what my administrator has done. Is that possible?

• Options
    XtensionXtension Member Posts: 2

+1 for this. Incoming invoices (with a payment day in the near future) is just the basic other way of sending out your own invoices, so I need to be able to attach the original invoice to the bill. Feels strange to me that the original document is not the starting point of the 'flow', just the same as a recepient.

gogo development!

• Options
    TkkkTkkk Member Posts: 1

As a new member of the system, (also evaluating which accounting software my company will proceed forward with). I have to say this presents is self a quite a major set-back as it's forcing me to now store online copies of our supplier bills in a separate location through Google Drive for the purpose of good record keeping. However, having it located on Wave alongside the proper record (same layout as receipts) would be a much simpler solution for many of the reasons already mentioned in this thread above.

I really hope this feature can be added quickly as I believe it is something that the vast majority of your users would expect and like to see.

:)

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Tkkk

I just want to note that our developers are aware of this and although we have no ETA for when this will come down the pipeline, know that we hear your concerns and we are prioritizing our list of updates that are being worked on! We always appreciate the feedback of course!

• Options
    HineonHineon Member Posts: 2

+1 for this function. Saves tons of time, nobody wants to re create a bill manually if you already have a PDF invoice.

• Options
    ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@Hineon Thanks for weighing in! Appreciate the feedback! o:)

• Options
    jamesleejameslee Member Posts: 1

+1 . I really need the function for the Bills. Most of the invoices comes to me in a pdf, and the OCR function and auto filling like the how the receipt does is extremely useful. The lack of attachment function in the bill is preventing me from migrating to Wave.

• Options
    MercerAndMasonMercerAndMason Member Posts: 1

Being able to attach invoices and other documentation to bills would save us a lot of time.
    Since admins have asked for specific examples of how this would benefit Wave users, here is our situation...

We manage several entities in Wave. These entities often do business with one another.

Currently, we create an invoice from Company A for services rendered to Company B. We have to email the invoice from Co. A to Co. B.

We then have to upload the invoice to Co. B's cloud file storage.

Then we have to recreate the exact same invoice as a bill in Co. B. That duplicated workload seems very unnecessary.

Functionality I dream about while doing all this invoice busywork:

• It would save so much time if when we created an invoice from Company A it could be sent directly to Company B within Wave and it show up as a bill.
    • Or Company B could from within Wave import the information as a bill from a Wave invoice generated by Co. A.
    • Not quite as good but still better than how it is now would be to have the ability to simply upload the emailed invoice directly to a Wave bill in Co. B as an attachment. Information would still need to be entered from the invoice to the bill, but at least some of the detail could be omitted since the original invoice is attached to the bill. And it avoids the step of uploading to the cloud file storage to keep track of the documentation.
    • At the very least, the ability to include a clickable link on the bill to a digital copy of an invoice would be better than nothing. (I can type a web address in the notes or description, but that doesn't create a hyperlink).

Thanks for hearing our suggestions.

• Options
    MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

Hi @MercerAndMason , welcome to the Wave community! Thank you for sharing your comments. Posting in the community serves to build a collection of use cases for specific features that our Product Teams can rely on.

• Options
    QuiteQuinnQuiteQuinn Member Posts: 4

I want to express my desire for this too. After of course, you update all pending profiles to the new system... hopefully one day.

• Options
    nick_pikenick_pike Member Posts: 2

Adding a +1 for attachments on bills. I'm not too fussed about the OCR side of things (although that would be nice) but the critical use case for me is having a single system of record for our finances.

I use Wave to manage finances in a non-profit environment, where treasurers change every year as new committees are elected. Handovers are a big point of concern, and the fewer (and less complex) systems and processes we have to hand between teams the better.

We also get audited regularly, and having the ability to give Auditors direct access to a single system of record would make the audit process considerably quicker and easier.

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @QuiteQuinn & @nick_pike! Thanks for the +1's and for the feedback provided here! It is great to have the context around why it is an important or useful function to have in your business :)