Options

Bill Attachment

13»

Comments

• Options
    VimalCruzVimalCruz Member Posts: 3

+1 for this functionality as well. I'm a new user and love the program so far. It is amazing.

This functionality would improve my workflow by ensuring that all my transactions are kept on wave. This provides additional comfort for owner of the business as most of the transactions could have supporting documentation across may transactions, purchase of assets, loan agreements,etc

• Options
    edindubaiedindubai Member Posts: 2

I'd really like this. If I receive a bill as pdf on email which is not due for a few weeks I create the bill in wave, as it approaches payment it would be much easier to open the attachment find the payment details and make the payment from Transferwise or where ever. Currently I would see it coming due for payment then have to search through emails to find the attachment. It's also simple proof that bill existed. So long after this thread was started what's the progress? thanks

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @edindubai, thanks very much for your input on this, and the context around how this would affect your business. At present, we do not have an ETA on when this would be possible within Wave, but we do take feedback like yours and everyone else's in this thread into consideration when deciding where to focus our efforts in development next.

• Options
    HershHersh Member Posts: 4

guys, its been nearly 2 years and you didn't even make this option happen. I don't understand how could you have a system without this simple feature. Without it the whole system is literally useless, as it doesn't give you the option to support your bills.

• Options
    mjel70mjel70 Member Posts: 1

I love Wave Apps -- except for this awful feeling that my records are not complete - if we upload a receipt - i have the scanned image - if I create a vendor invoice - I have not record of the invoice that was sent me - so if CRA audits, I now have to restore to paper copy -which defeats the purpose - we are CRM integrators - and are very keen to integrate Wave with the SuiteCRM - but without this feature - I can really - with good conscious - recommend this software to my clients.

You already have the framework with the 'receipts' - let's bring this software into the 2020's and allow us to attach the original invoice to this vendor payment. Please.

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@Hersh @mjel70 I totally understand that you have been waiting for 2 years for this feature, and I definitely appreciate your patience. One important piece of information here is that Wave has been prioritizing moving all customers from our old platform to our new one. This was important because we did not have the capacity for innovation on the old platform and we are hoping to full wrapped up with this process within the next month. When this happens, the team will be reinventing the Transactions page and attachments to transactions is something that they are actively interested in. While I can't give you a specific ETA, it is something that is on the roadmap currently.

• Options
    SriSri Member Posts: 12

Is this feature implemented yet? Managing papers in the office are hard time

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Sri

Unfortunately at this time we have not yet implemented a system where you can attach documents to a bill transaction at the moment. My sincere apologies for this! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about your Wave account!

• Options
    grillugrillu Member Posts: 1

I wonder why wave hasn't included this functionality in Bills. it's been years and you still don't implement such a basic function. any indications of when this might be done?

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @grillu

At this point no update from the team just yet. We appreciate your patience and we will let the community know.

• Options
    SSCSSC Member Posts: 1

Was very interested in using your program for a community base NFP, however a must is to be able to attach a copy of the bill. It is hard to believe that the program has the capability to attach a receipt to a bank transaction but you can't attach a copy of a bill when you create a bill, even if you don't have the AI to extract the information. :'(
    Is there an expected date for this?

• Options
    ckoneckone Member Posts: 1
    • 1 to add the functionality to enable adding an image of a vendor invoice to a created bill, please. Seems like this shouldn't be too difficult to do.
  • Options
    JM_SEARSMED28JM_SEARSMED28 Member Posts: 4

+1 vote for me. attached pdf or jpg would be a great feature.

• Options
    DenaBubblegumDenaBubblegum Member Posts: 1

+1 in 2021 -- this would be incredibly useful to a) save a huge amount of time as we would not have to manually input invoices as bills and new vendors, especially as we work with multiple new vendors monthly and b) to keep original invoices and manually entered bills in the same place for easy reference.

Is this under development?

• Options
    wcterpwcterp Member Posts: 1
    I work around this by storing the scanned bill in Google drive then paste a link to the document in the notes field for the bill. For the payment I am able to upload the scanned check or pdf copy of the online receipt as an attachment (receipt tab) to the transaction. I do still keep a copy of the scanned check or saved pdf receipt in my Google drive as well and put a link to it in the notes field, as it makes it easier to have all of those docs in a single folder somewhere.

This feature really would make life easier. I might forego the Google drive stuff if I had a single place to keep all my invoice and outgoing check/payment backings.
  • Options
    mylcheemylchee Member Posts: 2

Would love to see the ability to add an attachment to Bills. It'll help my paperless office and it'll keep everything organized together. I get paper bills and electronic bills but having a visual reference as a backup IN WAVE would be fantastic. Otherwise, I'm still scanning in the bill and storing them in other places which isn't very helpful. THANKS!

• Options
    mdraughnmdraughn Member Posts: 1

+1 to this feature as well. Being able to link accounting entries to the source documents that resulted in their creation is just good practice. It allows me to make billing details available to auditors without having to enter the details into the accounting system and without having to provide the detailed source document in a separate channel.