Add authorized signature on Invoices and Estimates

syedsyed Member Posts: 1

Hello,

How to add authorized signature on Invoice and Estimates.

Thanks,
Syed

Comments

• LindaaLindaa Member Posts: 12

I like the idea of having an Authorised signature and instead of a separate Receipt email add a Red Stamped PAID with Thank you and the authorized signature and then send Invoice/Statement with that on it, less work and all on one piece of paper, not all my clients want an Invoice each week and the ones that do are happy to get it after I have signed it with Paid and Thank you then scan to create a PDF and then send by email. This would save me extra work and cut out having to scan and also saving more trees being cut down to make paper

• JoshGJoshG Member Posts: 1

Anyone figure this out?

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @syed, @Lindaa and @JoshG.

Unfortunately, this isn't something that can currently be done in Wave.

That being said, I'd love to hear a bit more on why you would need such a feature in the context of your business. We do allow you to send receipts for your invoices after a payment is recorded (it's automated for online payments, but for payments recorded manually, you have to choose "Send receipt" after recording it).

I do house cleaning and only have 3 out of 12 clients that have requested Invoices as they can claim it as an expense via their business and as I do mine as an Invoice/Statement each week feel that sending another email as a receipt which is printed at the other end as well as my end for my records, it is using extra paper and also trees, I am very environmentally friendly as I don't use any chemicals with my cleaning products and I know that you can have background words felt that this was something in which could be added to the Invoice/Statement once payment has been received and only using 1 page of paper instead of 2. I hope you understand what I am trying to say lol

edited March 7, 2018

as an example something along the lines of like this

• DaveDave Member Posts: 2

I have our terms and conditions posted clearly on the invoice. My collections attorney stated that unless I have a signature from the buyer or a click for acceptance on the paid invoice, I can not legally hold the buyer to our terms of sale. I lost $4,000.00 last year. And I have 1 customer this year trying to cancel a customized order that they put in to motion, then changed their mind on the date it shipped, whereas I have to pay for their ‘Custom” order out of my pocket $1700.00 Plus shipping charges of $400.00

Hi, @Lindaa and @Dave.

@Lindaa, we do give the ability to send receipts via Wave, after payment is recorded. This is sent by email as well, which won't waste any paper. Unless your clients insist on paper copies, it should be enough for them to claim it as an expense.

That's a serious issue, @Dave. I don't have an immediate solution to offer, but I'll make sure to share this with the product team. Could you make them sign a contract external to Wave? I can't speak on compliance with the law, but if you find an alternative, I'd love to hear to it.

• DaveDave Member Posts: 2

The problem is that it is not a bona fide sale if the customer does not acknowledge that they agree with your terms and conditions of the sale and at that point they cannot be held liable for the expenses they create should they cancel even if it’s stated clearly in the invoice . According to my attorney I would have to have a click for acceptance of the terms and conditions on my invoice that was paid by the buyer or a signature of excepti according to my attorney I would have to have a click for acceptance of the terms and conditions on my invoice that was paid by the buyer or a signature of acceptance by the buyer. Emails and phone conversations no matter how many does not count . And yes I did receive today a disputed sale in where the wave team has requested a copy where the customer signed or agreed to the acceptance of our terms and conditions which is not provided when they pay the invoice. If we could get just a point and click button of acceptance so that our terms are enforceable.

Thank you for adding more details, @Dave. I can't make any promises, but I'll make sure it's seen by the right folks.

• SolSol Member Posts: 7

This is honestly such a standard and necessary feature for many delivery / wholesale / consignment businesses that I find it surprising that it is not available and mindblowing that this seems to be the first you have thought / heard about it..
    I'm glad I'm discovering this issue now, signatures are crucial for proof of receipt/proof of delivery..
    Really you should be taking cue from InvoiceAsap etc. and including the ability for both multiple signatures AND photos..

Hi, @Sol.

The majority of Wave users run businesses that provide services rather than products. When we choose what to build next, we prioritize features that will benefit the largest possible number of Wavers first.

That is not to say this is the first we hear about the demand for a feature like this one. We're simply always interested in learning more about the needs of our users, as learning about your businesses helps us assess how we can make Wave better.

In what field do you work, @Sol? Can you tell me a bit more about how you would use this feature in the context of your specific business?

• JerryJerry Member Posts: 4

Hi, @Alexia , is it possible that this feature becomes a priority feature as Like Dave a signature on the invoice is the only legal proof that we have to show a client agreed for our services. For instance "invoicebee" has included that in their feature.

Hi, @Jerry.

While I understand how important a feature like this one can be to some of our users, I don't have control over what our engineers will be working on next. I'm acting here first and foremost in a support position.

I'm always happy to forward your suggestions and feedback to our product team, but I can't offer promises or guarantees.

• Nima_ZNima_Z Member Posts: 1

Hi @Alexia , I'd like to echo the need for this feature. I provide a service (photography and video production) and often I'll need to send an estimate which requires approval from the client. I absolutely love Wave but this feature is the one MAJOR achilles heel compared to other invoice/quoting softwares I've used. Curious if you've had any feedback from your software team.
    Thank you!

Thanks for adding your voice to this discussion, @Nima_Z. I'll pass your feedback along!

• ASKLEGAL_2016ASKLEGAL_2016 Member Posts: 5

I am also facing the issue regarding the signatures because a lot of clients are asking why the invoice is not signed and stamped and it's causing credibility issues. I have mailed wave team earlier regarding this and would appreciate if wave can do it and if not then I might have to find a source which provides this service too.

• BilouteBiloute Member Posts: 2

Hello,

There is 2 solutions I see to solve this problem:

1- An option to download the bill as a pdf with my smartphone. I have a pdf apps that allows me to add my signature.
    2- Have an option to add the logo where I want (instead to the top and left by default). I will create a fake logo with my signature.
    The second solution is the must easy to manage of course as all is done be the Wave apps.

Regards.

• 5THINGS5THINGS Member Posts: 2

I'm toying with adding a Zapier integration for my service agreement, that I'd have every client sign before I walk into their house :

https://zapier.com/apps/hellosign/integrations/wave

Hi, @5THINGS,

Let us know how that works out for you! We've recently significantly upgraded our Zapier integration, and there are now a few options for contract signing tools that can integrate with Wave through Zapier.

If it works well for you, it might also help other users in this discussion!

• 5THINGS5THINGS Member Posts: 2

Ya, for sure... was pumped to see the new zapier integrations announced w the new rollout! (also glad the old ones still work. When i book a new client in my Acuity calendar, it immediately generates a new customer (w all their data) in Wave. I really love it.

• mhermsenmhermsen Member Posts: 10

Hello -
    Has there been an discussion about adding electronic documentation and esignatures to wave (like Docusign, DocHub, RightSignature, etc.)? Currently I'm using another service to do my electronic signatures for rental agreements and leases. It would be nice if it could be included in invoices when they are sent to a new customer. Look forward to hearing if this is on the roadmap at all.

edited February 16, 2021
  • CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@mhermsen could you share a little bit more about your business and process?

@Rahim just in case you're interested in this conversation :)

• mhermsenmhermsen Member Posts: 10

Currently we send a rental agreement from DocHub and then an invoice from Wave. They have to open each of the emails to complete the process. For dochub we have a template that we send them that they read over, fill out their information and sign. Then they process payment through Wave. It would be nice if these could be combined to simplify things. I have a few different businesses I do this through. One is an event equipment rental business. They need to sign a rental agreement and then process payment at the same time. The other is a Self-Storage facility that they need to read, fill out, and sign a lease and then process the first payment. Let me know if you would like additional information. Thanks!

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin
  • gtewksgtewks Member Posts: 9

I second this need. I run photography gigs and workshops. For every customer I must either have a contract signed (gigs) or a liability release signed (workshops). It would be amazing if this was integrated into the invoice such that they receive the invoice > but prior to being allowed to make payment, they would have to sign the contract or waiver (or any document type for that matter). Once signed it would go straight to the payment page.

If Wave does not want to dive into building that sort of thing it could be integrated with an established online contract service like docusign.com or concordnow.com

edited November 2, 2018
  • APPLIANCEMAN60APPLIANCEMAN60 Member Posts: 1

As so many other people have asked i also need electronic signature capability in the field. I work at customers homes and need them to authorize my estimate and then my invoice. I have been requesting this for almost 3 years from you now. Its hard to believe that this has not been included as of yet. You say that most of your clients are small business and most of us need an approval before starting work.If you are in california you are required to have a signature on your estimate and invoice. I love the wave app and if i needed to pay a small amount for this feature i would be happy to. But if you are taken to court here you have to prove you had authorization to start. I am having to use a differant invoicing program right now to get my signature attached but it isn't a full accounting program. I really like alot of the new features but why is it taking so long to add electronic signature or acceptance of work. Would love to hear from someone at wave to explain this to me why it is not offered.

• ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

@mhermsen @gtewks Thank you for providing us with this additional information! I'll be sure to get this insight in to our team so that they can discuss what could be possible in a future update to Wave.

• JordanQJordanQ Member Posts: 2

Yes, signatures would be amazing. Services like HelloBonsai are so very tempting because you can have clients sign off contracts, etc right within the system. Signing estimates, for instance, would be exceptionally helpful.

edited November 12, 2018
  • Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I totally get why this is a must have; I've spoken to a lot of people here, and I'm submitting a request to our developers to build this out on the invoicing platform. We're also in the early stages of revamping invoices entirely, so keep an eye out for these changes (like the ability to add attachments) as we move forward. If I hear back with concrete ETAs on some of these features, I'll update you all here. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on this; if anyone else wants to chime in, it'd be great since I'm citing this post as one of the many proofs that people really want this feature supported!

• FinancialBookkeepingFinancialBookkeeping Member Posts: 14

another vote for this feature, as long as it's a legally defendable e-signature. A client does design work, They send an "invoice" (renamed: "Design Services Workorder") - then after the invoice is paid (despite referencing the link to the e-signature page on the invoice, it's never read by the customer!)) - a link is then sent to the client to go any sign the contract. One system that supports both would be awesome!