Add authorized signature on Invoices and Estimates

Comments

• nathnath Member Posts: 3

Hi, am new to wave and operate in an environment where invoices must be signed. is there any way i can upload my signature to wave and have it appear on every invoice just as it is done with the logo. i have been using simple invoice manager before now and it has this feature. so far i like wave but this is going to be a deal breaker if i can't sign my invoices and estimates. thanks

Hi i Just started using wave, just a couple of days ago. considering the popularity of this app, am really surprised that there is no provision for one to upload his signature, which is such a basic requirement in business. am currently using simple invoice manager and it has this feature as standard. this is the only issue i have with wave for now and am going to have to wait for you guys to fix it before i fully migrate my operations to wave as this is an essential feature where i do business.

• AnyaAnya Member Posts: 1

Hi. I have been using wave for about one year now. I also have the same concern. I am a sole trader and I have a few clients. I use wave to track my business as well as that for some of my clients. I would like if I can upload my electronic signature on my estimates, invoices and receipts. I was very surprised that Wave did not offer this option. This is essential, as I presently have to print the documents, sign it, scan and then email. If I am able to upload an electronic signature, I can then email directly to my clients. This would be way more efficient and less time consuming. Can the Wave design and development team please create an option for including an electronic signature or at least allow me to upload a photo of my signature???? Thank you sincerely.

• electromanelectroman Member Posts: 1

I am an electrician and I work for big and small companies. If I am not able to get a signature at the end of a job, corperations may not even acknowledge me being on site. How are you coming along with this issue?

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @nath thanks for reaching out! This isn't currently possible. You'd need to utilize a workaround, such as downloading your invoice as a PDF and adding a signature via your PDF viewer. Do you mind if I ask what field you work in, or what type of clients you work with, where this is always a need?

I do Sales and services of equipment. Nobody over here will bother to act on a document that is not signed.
  • Design_Trendz1Design_Trendz1 Member Posts: 1

Any progress on the signature and ability to add an attachment? Im a General Contractor and work with a couple different stores. One of the stores I work with requires that I sign all invoices and add an attachment of my work order. I've been testing a few different invoice apps but this one is my favorite so far. But without the ability to sign my invoices electronically or at least upload a digital signature and add an attachment, I cannot use this app. Is the ability to sign and add an attachment to the invoice coming soon???

edited January 7, 2019
  • JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@nath @Anya @electroman @Design_Trendz1 As my Ryan has mentioned, the feedback here has been shared with our Developers and the use cases that have been shared are very valuable and appreciated. In the meantime, a possible workaround might be to create a contract with a space for a signature that can be emailed to your customer using your business' email. In addition, within Wave, there is the option to generate a link for your invoice. You can see the Share Link by navigating to: Sales > Invoices > [Select the Invoice] > More Options > Get Share Link. You may find that including the invoice link in the contract will allow the customer to sign the contract and see the invoice in one place.

While I acknowledge that this is not ideal, I hope that this sort of a workaround may be somewhat feasible while the team discusses the best way to add a feature similar to it.

• Startup_StudioStartup_Studio Member Posts: 1

Is there a way to add eSignature or some online sign-off/approval to estimates? This would make it a very valuable tool to get acceptance of an estimate/proposal. Currently we've manually added text lines into the notes but requires the client to print then sign and return or we have to download the PDF and use third party software to add eSignature to the document. Would much prefer to keep it all within Wave.

• bethsowellbethsowell Member Posts: 6

We could really use this feature as well. Currently, we're using agree.com for contracts and agreements, but use Wave for payments and accounting. I need to make it as easy for the client as possible.

• AndrewFromWaveAndrewFromWave Member Posts: 10 admin

Hi @Startup_Studio @bethsowell thanks for sharing your thoughts. It sounds like you’re both looking for ways to simplify your workflows and do as much through Wave as possible—which is fantastic!

While we don’t currently have plans to add e-signature functionality to Estimates, this is a really interesting idea which we may want to revisit in the future.

Thanks again for taking the time to contribute to the discussion here; feedback like this really does help us improve Wave every day for our users :)

• JCollinsJCollins Member Posts: 1

@JordanFromWave @Ryan_W Hi, I was hoping to probe as to whether there is any update on this? I REALLY need this function added to estimates as well.

Thanks

• nhirajetanhirajeta Member Posts: 2

I want to also vote for this through Wave. Currently switching all my clients/invoicing from another platform that had contracts, but they've switched to a paid plan only. Would love the option to send estimates/proposals and everything through Wave to make it easier for the client.

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@JCollins I'm afraid there aren't any updates yet; thanks for checking in!

• RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

Thanks @nhirajeta, @bethsowell and @Startup_Studio

As we modernize our estimates product in 2019, approvals with signatures is one of the top requests we've received and will be considered as we make improvements. For the signatures, are they physical signatures you need to store or are "electronic signatures" where they type their name in a box and it sends through as a confirmation ok as well?

If you could expand on the requirements for the signatures you need that would help our team!

• nhirajetanhirajeta Member Posts: 2

Hey @Rahim

I'm thinking an electronic signature will work for me. It'll be as an, "I agree to the scope, terms, conditions, etc outlined in this project"

• Startup_StudioStartup_Studio Member Posts: 1

Hi @Rahim

Electronic signature is fine. EasySign or DocuSign are good examples. Essentially we want to streamline the process so that we dont have to move the estimate to another program and then add an area for signature. These days we mostly operate in a paperless office so having to print, then sign, then scan, then email back an approval is overly time consuming and unnecessary. It would be great to have the ability to add an eSignature to the estimate and send via Wave, then the client just needs to type or use thier curser to draw their signature to approve. Ideally this would go a step further and allow an addtional and customaisable 'terms and conditions' page so we can add our own terms that the eSignature is agreeing to. A perfect example of this is www.and.co

Thanks for considering this. Unfortunately without it we are havign to use multiple systems and processes so we've moved away from using Wave exclusively for now, but a feature like this would bring us back for sure. Integrations with ActiveCollab and Salesmate would be legendary.

Thanks

• bethsowellbethsowell Member Posts: 6
    I would be just as happy with an electronic signature.
  • AmandaKAmandaK Member Posts: 73 admin

@nhirajeta @Startup_Studio @bethsowell Really appreciate all of you chiming in to let us know how important this is for you, and @Startup_Studio for the great examples! We'll absolutely take these all into consideration as we continue to make improvements to our estimates product this year.

• ddltdddltd Member Posts: 0

Hi Wave Team,

Wave web app and mobile app are useful but the Invoice and Estimates cannot add signature is quite big problem, our client will ignore any doc without signature.

I suggest please add extra image upload and let user set the position, will wave add this in the future?

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @ddltd , thanks for reaching out and thanks for the suggestion! I completely see how this would be a great addition, and super useful for a lot of business owners, I'm sure. This is something that is on our roadmap, but I do not have an ETA. I will pass your feedback along however. :smile:

• AriMediaCoAriMediaCo Member Posts: 1
    Hey wave!
    Yes can we please have an acceptance of proposal signature line. Verbal approvals from our clients are not binding to begin and deliver a project given on there “word”!

I also have a construction business I would like to move over completely to wave but the acceptance signature of our estimate/approval is crucial to begin any kind of work or project. Without a signature we have nothing that binds us or brings us to an agreement. Verbal confirmation is not good enough. Especially when clients say “I don’t see anywhere to sign, but consider this response my agreement” that’s not good enough!

Thanks guys I love the platform so far other than the crucial acceptance of proposal flaw. The idea is to have all proposals and invoices on one platform instead of making a round trips to other programs and files to get something properly approved and accepted.
  • MartinCAMartinCA Member Posts: 6

100000% this is needed, I have to add a clause on estimates stating that payments for the estimate is their acceptance of the terms but a signature really is much much better.

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@AriMediaCo @MartinCA Thanks for leaving us with your sentiments! We hope to make some additions to the Estimates features in Wave in the future, which could include e-signatures, although at the moment, I can't necessarily confirm that. Curious how you currently collect signatures on the invoices/estimates that you send?

One thing that may help is including a share link to the Wave invoice on the electronic contracts that you send to your customers/clients. This way, the customer would still have access to the invoice and you can still collect the signature as you typically would. Obviously, this is dependent on your current workflow, but adding the link may be a way to make up for the lack of e-signatures in the meantime.

• webforuwebforu Member Posts: 1

+1. Would be great to have the opportunity for the client to agree that (s)he read the T's and C's and what date. A simple tick box and a field where they can type their initials or name would help a lot.

• emilyjhoffmanemilyjhoffman Member Posts: 2

1,000,000% agree. Wave, PLEASE add the e-signature feature to estimates. This would significantly improve your already amazing software. Thank you!

• KunalKunal Member Posts: 1

Would be great if we can attach a PDF with the details of the proposal.

• CWI805CWI805 Member Posts: 1
    Can a signature line be added to the estimate/proposal template?

We are a welding contractor and would like this option to serve as justification that customer has agreed to the proposed amount and statement of work.
  • MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@CWI805,
    As far as I know Wave does not support this functionality. I would assume that legal protocols would need to be followed in order to make it a binding contract. You may want to look into Adobe Sign or some other e signature service. I use Adobe Sign for engagement letters and tax forms. An annual subscription is very reasonable. You would save the PDF and use the service to email the pdf. Your customer would be able to sign from any device and the signed form gets emailed back to you and your customer.

• CWI805CWI805 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you, I will look into it.