Add authorized signature on Invoices and Estimates

Comments

• Johnny_be_goodJohnny_be_good Member Posts: 1
    YES!! YES!! PLEASE SIGN ME UP!!!!
    why can’t docusign be added?
    edited October 30, 2019
  • piyushagarwalpiyushagarwal Member Posts: 1

Been almost a year since this thread got updated and about two years since the feature was requested. Pulling the thread back again to see incase any progress has happened.

• CraigAndersonCraigAnderson Member Posts: 1

Hi All, I'd like to share how I got around this. In the Notes field, I have added the disclosure statements and a Signature line. The client is still required to sign it in PDF or print it and return it though email, but it is better than nothing! You may have to play with the formatting abit, but this came out really well for me in the Estimate. So here goes: I AM NOT A LAWYER

In the "Notes" field:

Unless otherwise noted, the price stated herein does not include applicable taxes, which may be added at the time of invoice. The price stated above for shipping and handling is subject to change in the event Customer requests expedited shipping, whether such request is made before or after acceptance of this Purchase Authorization by Customer.
    This proposal is valid if ordered on or before the "Expires On" date stated above.
    Until YOUR COMPANY NAME receives and accepts a Purchase Order or this Purchase Authorization for the solution proposed, pricing provided in this Proposal is subject to change based on manufacturer's pricing schedule. The Products contained on this Order may be delivered to the Customer through multiple shipments based upon supplier availability, and Customer agrees to pay a partial payment of the total purchase price stated above for any such partial shipment of Products.
    All of the information provided in this Proposal is considered confidential and proprietary between YOUR COMPANY NAME and CLIENT NAME. Information enclosed in this Proposal may not be disclosed, disseminated, or otherwise revealed to any party outside of CLIENT NAME. or any party within CLIENT NAME who is not privileged to receive such information.

PURCHASE TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1. STATEMENT ONE
    2. STATEMENT TWO
    3. STATEMENT THREE
    4. STATEMENT FOUR
    5. STATEMENT FIVE

This Proposal is subject to the terms and conditions of the above referenced Agreement(s). Acceptance of this Proposal by an authorized representative of CLIENT NAME. will be deemed the equivalent of a Client Purchase Order, which will authorize YOUR COMPANY NAME to order the Products and Services listed in this Proposal.

Accepted by: CLIENT NAME

Signature of Authorized Representative

Printed Name

Title of Authorized Representative

Date Signed

Ship to Address:

Ship to Contact (Name, Phone and Email):

Approved by: Seller Company

Signature of Authorized Representative

Printed Name

Owner/Operator Title of Authorized Representative

Date Signed

Bill to Address:

Bill to Contact (Name, Phone and Email):

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @piyushagarwal , no updates to share at the moment, but thanks for checking in!

Thanks for sharing your method, @CraigAnderson ! This should help other users in the community as well.

• gorbzgorbz Member Posts: 1

Hi,

Here to say that my business also has a need for signable documents/agreements. Thanks.

• LotusaLotusa Member Posts: 2

Another vote for e-signing. I was using Joist and it aloud for e-sign and to finger sign on my phone. I really miss it. Please add it. Also I do construction and would love to be able to do a change order that is build into the invoice and then needs to be initialed by customer.

• cedpoillycedpoilly Member Posts: 1

Yes. Please. I cannot receive payments from my current client as signature on invoices are required there.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @gorbz and @cedpoilly! Thanks for your vote on this feature.

Hi @Lotusa! Thanks for the extra context on why you would like this feature to be added and how you would use it! It is really helpful insight for our team to have when implementing features.

• BiznessBizness Member Posts: 1

It would be a great feature to add for this APP.

Add this to your Notes at the bottom of your Estimates.

Customer Acceptance to proceed with work

x_________________________
    Signature

Printed Name

Date

• LuxuryinTravelLuxuryinTravel Member Posts: 1

I would love the capacity to have esignatures as well. Hellosign has an API that works well (with celopay for example).
    i would love to be able to have people sign off on an invoice.
    I could send an estimate of a trip then have them approve and sign.

• LittleEmbersLittleEmbers Member Posts: 2
    @EmmaP It doesn't look like this is something Wave is in a hurry to add. This feature would benefit most users. We currently send terms and conditions to be signed via HelloSign and once signed, we send an Invoice through Wave. Consolidating this into 1 step would be awesome.
    edited February 29, 2020
  • LittleEmbersLittleEmbers Member Posts: 2
    @gorbz @Lotusa @cedpoilly @LuxuryinTravel and anyone looking for this feature,.. both www.and.co and invoiceninja,com are worth looking into
    edited February 29, 2020
  • EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @LittleEmbers, thanks for reaching out here! To be transparent this feature is not actively being worked on, but that is not to say this will not be looked into down the track! Things can change quickly but at this time we on Support do not have any details on timelines or ETAs for this.

• ShindigLightingShindigLighting Member Posts: 1

But how are they supposed to sign? Isn't the original poster asking about digital signatures?? I'm an original Wave user (when they first started!) and am SHOCKED digital signatures / contract attachments aren't a thing yet. We're in 2020...so many of my clients ask why they can't just sign online. It's like they're using a fax machine...they have to print it out, sign it, upload to computer and then e-mail back to me. So inefficient and embarrassing on my end as a business owner that works with primarily young people (under 35).

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @ShindigLighting

Thanks for you contribution and long time commitment to our Wave. I understand that this could be frustrating and I do apologize that some of your needs with our application may not have been met. Often we aim to try and tailor our updates to the common denominator or the status quo when it comes to user demographic. Our team has prioritized a list of changes that requires us to improve our back end first before we can continue to roll out a series of new changes. Your +1 in this community is valuable. In fact the more people who chime in the better.

Hope you have a great weekend!

• AllstateServiceCoAllstateServiceCo Member Posts: 1

Ad me +500 LOL Really need digital signatures as many states have implemented small business and contractor regulations that require signatures. I have referred many business friends to WaveApps due to its simplicity and price. :) But many have said that they require the signature platform to make it worthwhile to move from where they are as many of the other services, free or paid, have that feature. Make it a one time paid feature or plugin? Unfortunately I will eventually have to move to another platform in a short while as my state is going to require contract signatures in less than a year. Thanks for listening and thank you for creating a great platform to help me run my business.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

@AllstateServiceCo , thanks for reaching out! I'm so glad to hear you've found Wave to be a great platform for your business up to this point. I'll definitely make sure that your feedback on invoice signatures is added to our communications with our developer team as a potential feature idea in future.

• Shae_MarcuShae_Marcu Member Posts: 6

Signatures would be a fantastic feature! I've always disliked having my clients need to print to sign and scan and email it back.

• QaisEQaisE Member Posts: 72 admin

@Shae_Marcu Thanks so much for your feedback on this feature idea! As you have pointed out, Wave does not currently offer this feature within this version of our app. There is no current roadmap to delivering this product at this time.

However, we're always looking for feedback from our customers on how we can improve our software with every update we make. We appreciate you reaching out about this and you should know that our developers are always parsing through Community posts looking for feature updates requested by our users. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other improvements you think we could make to our system!

• JMJJMJ Member Posts: 2
    Hey wave....its been 2 years of talking about this getting authorization signatures for estimates. I think thats more than enough time. I may have to WAVE good bye to this app as i found one that has what i need for my small business. You guys should listen and deliver what your clients need.

Hi @JMJ , thanks for your message. I know it can be frustrating to look over an old thread and feel that the voices speaking up are not being heard by the people who are claiming to listen. For context, the Wave Community used to be a place to make feature requests, but its function has since changed: it is now a space for sharing feature ideas, technical support, and general discussion. I'm sorry if that was not made clear prior.

With that in mind, I can attest to the fact that the current Community team is listening, we are seeking ways to better disseminate feedback from the Community, and - as we always have - we truly appreciate hearing your feedback here. Even if the feedback provided is for a feature idea or improvement that we're not currently working on, that doesn't mean it will never happen. Adding more voices to these conversations is the best way to help amplify these ideas for our product teams. If leaving Wave is what's best for your business at this time, we wish you well - and we're always here if ever you want to return.

• ShannonSShannonS Member Posts: 3

Just adding my voice to this request for adding a way to collect e-signatures for a new contract.

• AttachéAttaché Member Posts: 1

I recently started using Wave for my business. I migrated everything into the app and I love it so far — with the major exception of not having signatures for my Estimates. I am surprised this doesn't exist as it's a baseline element. Wave is FREE! which is why this oversight and installing workarounds is acceptable, but as you've heard, this is critical due to the risks for so many businesses. Lastly, if we're no longer to make Feature Requests here, can you please provide direction on where to take that action? I can't find it so far. Or perhaps you only have a Product Manager who peruses the Community and pulls out Features that are being discussed? Thank you!

Hi there @Attaché , thanks for your message! I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling a gap in the product without Estimate signatures. We'll definitely take this feature idea into consideration for possible future changes. Our system parses all data from here in the Community, so we are hearing your feedback on a systemic level as well as in my reply to your comment! Thanks so much for sharing.

• SkventuresSkventures Member Posts: 1

Is it possible to allow a different Font in the in the form field. There are many script fonts that look like signatures. I also would like to sign my invoice before sending it out. I could use a different font that would make it look like I signed my invoice without having to do it manually. Just another suggestion to this issue that has been asked for a long time. thank you

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Skventures , I'm afraid that fonts cannot be changed but thank you for the very creative idea!

• JNovice007JNovice007 Member Posts: 8
    Here is my workaround to this issue: i use adobe fill and sign (part of adobe DC) to create a signable contract. Adobe allows me to attach docs to this contract, so i attach the wave invoice. I then have a single pdf with both the contract (in my case) and the wave invoice.

Adobe DC is better than agree.com imo and only 5$ more a month (15/mo total) Plus you get all the adobe pro features, cloud storage, etc.
    edited October 16, 2020
  • LynnJBLynnJB Member Posts: 0

I like to get a signature from clients when an estimate is approved, but this does not appear to be a feature.

Also, I've added shipping as a line item, but it looks silly to have a quantity for that. It would be great to be able to add non-taxable items like shipping / delivery after the sales tax line. Otherwise, at first glance, it appears as though we're adding tax to the delivery/shipping.

edited February 16, 2021
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @LynnJB

Thanks so much for your contribution to our community and my apologies for the delayed response.

As you may have already discovered this is currently not an available feature in Wave's estimates page at this time. And to be frank, the estimates page is actually lacking in several updates. Our team is currently working a lot on the invoicing section in the meantime. We're hoping that the estimates page will soon see a bit of attention in the future.

We appreciate you reaching out about this and you should know that our developers are always parsing through archived tickets looking for feature updates requested by our users. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other improvements you think we could make to our system!

• DsandersDsanders Member Posts: 1

After moving over from Freshbooks and spent the better part of the afternoon looking for this feature to discover this is not in Wave. :(

This is a core feature that is desperately needed. I see it was also requested back in 2018. Please prioritize this item.