How long until I get paid?

Comments

• JustanotherclueJustanotherclue Member Posts: 4
    Something's wrong with your process. It takes longer than it used to take.
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Justanotherclue . Feel free to send me a DM and I'd be happy to look into the timeline for on your payment :)

• urciolo9urciolo9 Member Posts: 1

i havent received my 4854.70 that was completed on nov 20 .my number is **********

edited December 6, 2019
  • JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@urciolo9 It looks like our Account Management team has reached out to you regarding your most recent payment. Please take a look at your inbox and respond to that email as soon as you get a chance, or give us a live chat so we can further assist here.

edited December 6, 2019
  • ChipfoChipfo Member Posts: 13

Does the 1 to 2 days for credit card payments to show in the bank include weekends? Or is it just business days?

Edit - Never mind I just read it again, lol.

edited December 8, 2019
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Chipfo
    This does not include weekends or holidays.

Below is a timeline for our different payment methods and how much they cost:

1. Credit card payment: This process takes about 2 business days to process. The fee for this method of payment is 2.9% plus an additional 30 cents per transaction. So if you send an invoice for $100 Wave collects $3.2 total depositing $96.8 into your account. This is the faster transaction method.

2. ACH Bank payment: This process takes about 4-7 business days to process. The fee for this method of payment is only 1% with a minimum fee of $1. So for example if you send an invoice for $100 Wave collects $1 depositing $99 into your account, however if you invoice someone for $10, Wave collects a minimum of $1, depositing $9 into your account.

• ChipfoChipfo Member Posts: 13

Thank you, yes I realized it stated "working days" when I re-read it.

• gbphotoggbphotog Member Posts: 1

Hello,

I am new to WAVE. Literally created account this week and with the very first CC transaction I have been notified of a hold on the funds related to charge back. Funds may be released upon receipt of 2 documents - documents that don't exist. I provide neither a written service agreement, nor enter into a long email chain of communication. The contract was just not that complicated.

Regardless of whether the documents exist, the claim to hold the funds to verify the likelihood that my client may dispute - or not - the charges seems thin.

Looking at the above thread, I am more than a little concerned opening this account was a mistake. Has anyone else had this come up? Perhaps this application is overkill for my needs.

Hey @gbphotog . I see your detailed response back to our Account Management team and it looks like they have released the funds to you. Thanks for your patience on this!

• CarolynCollin41CarolynCollin41 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I haven’t been paid as the comments suggest (2 business days.) What’s the hold up? If it takes this long to get paid, I’m opting out and using my own payments method options for my customers.

Sincerely,

Carolyn
  • Rust87patoRust87pato Member Posts: 2
    Hi I’d like to know how a client payed via card when I had card payments switched off?
    I’d also like to know where my money is and when I will receive it due to it being holidays? If there is a chargeback I will be contesting it
    Regards

@CarolynCollin41 Hi Carolyn, looks like the money landed Monday evening which is 1 business day from the day it was paid (Friday). If you still haven't received the money, please reach out to us over live chat in app so someone on our support team can take a further look at this for you.

edited December 26, 2019

Hi @Rust87pato . There are toggles both on an invoice level (in the invoice) and on an account level (under Settings) so it's possible one of these was on and the other was off. Because you're located in Australia, your money is processed through Stripe, but if you reach out to Stripe directly they should be able to provide you with some more information on when your payment will land.

• JRsMaplesJRsMaples Member Posts: 1

I received a debit card payment on 1/23 and now for some reason the payment is on hold without notice as to why. I have product to ship out dependent of this payment. I cant call anyone to figure out what's going on and chat just says no one is in now. This is a bit absurd as I've never had this issue with Paypal

Hey @JRsMaples , thanks for completing the Account Management team's review, it looks like this payment was released to you. If you have any further questions, please follow up directly with our Account Management team.

• kocanexpresskocanexpress Member Posts: 1

if i didnt link an account how can i receive this payment or can i turn this off so it doesnt give that option to the customer until i link an account.

Hey @kocanexpress

Essentially, what happens is that when you set up your Wave account, it is automatically set to accept payments

image 2

We have streamlined the payment process for our business users to collect their funds quickly. You can turn off the payments option under Settings > Payments. Here you can disable both ACH bank transfer and credit card payment options.

If you need to issue a refund you can do this under Sales > Payments > Select the payment and refund it!

• MikeOMikeO Member Posts: 1
    If no one ever replies to the customer support, how do I proceed? Is there a phone number
  • JessGJessG Member Posts: 54 admin

@MikeO Typically support emails for emergency level issues are responded to within 1-2 business days. We currently do not offer phone support at this point in our product's life. It looks like your issue was solved within that timeline. Don't hesitate to reach out should you have any other issues!

edited April 2, 2020
  • StilesContractingStilesContracting Member Posts: 1
    It's been 7 days since my invoice has been paid and I have yet to receive any payment in my bank account. If it's going to take more than a week just to receive payment I will bring my business elsewhere, no reason to take this long for something like this.
  • CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @StilesContracting , thanks for reaching out. I see that our Support team has followed up with you on this issue in a ticket, so you should be all set. For reference,

Credit card payments take 2 business days to process for 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction
    ACH bank payments take 2-7 business days to process for 1% per transaction

• JudkinsLLCJudkinsLLC Member Posts: 3

Hello,
    I am a bit concerned since I sell collectibles. My client paid me on the 20th of July & the estimated time was July 24th. I went to go check to ensure everything was on track for tomorrow, only to see that it was prolonged until the 27th of July.
    I am a bit perturbed as I reached out to customer support that everything would be accordingly. My client indicated the funds had been withdrawn from her account 2 days ago. This purchase was for a birthday surprise. We agreed that I would mail it out on the 24th once the funds were in my account.

I have read some stories that aren't making me feel comfortable & is giving me a sinking feeling that I might lose a long time customer.

I only signed up because my friend said this was a decent service.

Please advise.

I am not happy with the fact that you held an invoice while the funds already cleared my clients account. Then telling me that my business is high risk. Its not good business practice to tell my client that they need to pull the funds back. In fact, when talking to my bank regarding this situation. I was informed to that I need to get BBB involved. There is no reason to hold funds for 65 days when you have already held it for the max that you stated.
    I have reached out several times to make sure that I was doing everything correctly and that I was in active account status.
    I feel that this is the run around & I am not understanding why I would have that occur. I have posted messages here and to the email I received.

Hey there @JudkinsLLC

I understand how frustrating this may seem and I sincerely do apologize on behalf of our team for your bad experience with our payment processor. Our accounts management department works to ensure that you and your clients are safe and secure. They continue to monitor all transactions in Wave hoping to minimize chargebacks and protect you and your clients from fraudulent transactions being processed as well. In order to proceed you will need to followup with the email they sent you as this is their main form of communication and they are the ones who decide the status of your payments and your account. They typically respond within 24 hours. Once again I apologize for this experience, please don't hesitate to reach out here if you have any general questions about your Wave account.

@BarsinA said:
    Hey there @JudkinsLLC

I understand how frustrating this may seem and I sincerely do apologize on behalf of our team for your bad experience with our payment processor. Our accounts management department works to ensure that you and your clients are safe and secure. They continue to monitor all transactions in Wave hoping to minimize chargebacks and protect you and your clients from fraudulent transactions being processed as well. In order to proceed you will need to followup with the email they sent you as this is their main form of communication and they are the ones who decide the status of your payments and your account. They typically respond within 24 hours. Once again I apologize for this experience, please don't hesitate to reach out here if you have any general questions about your Wave account.

I was informed conflicting statements but I don't know what to do as I feel I followed everything you guys have asked for. I was told my business wasn't in compliance. Which makes no sense. I was told that I would get the money back in 90 days or something about 65 days. My client will not do a chargeback on my account since that seems a bit unethical. I repeatedly asked if this was going to be okay. Yet, under false pretenses was told yes, only to be shut down on the last possible day to hold funds.

• PSVisualArtPSVisualArt Member Posts: 1
    My client paid me on Aug 6th but it has yet to hit my account. What does this mean?
  • ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @PSVisualArt! I can see that you'd reached out to our Support Team in order to work through this, and have found a resolution! Happy to see it!

• Jamon_currence7Jamon_currence7 Member Posts: 2
    Hello I just started my business and thought this would be a good app to use and oh boy was I wrong the whole app is complete lies it took one week for a dollar transaction with a card to hit my bank account so I switched to ACH payments and still have received any money although I have all ready provided services now my money is on hold because I asked simple questions to the support team on why was it taking so long to get paid this is a complete waste of time
  • Jamon_currence7Jamon_currence7 Member Posts: 2
    Please release my funds I have a family to feed and a business to run

Hey there @Jamon_currence7

I see that you're in communication with our Risk team who has held your funds for a certain amount of time for the chargeback window to clear.

I do apologize for this delay however you're welcome to view our Payments Terms of Service for more info!