Options

What are the integrations with Wave that are top on your wish list 🤔?

ManiMani Member Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

Our product team is looking far and wide at the cloud software that our customers use and want to integrate with Wave. There are actually a couple dozen posts about topics like time tracking, e-commerce, point-of-sale, etc. so thanks for sharing there.

The purpose of this post is to ask: what are your top 2 requests and why those two? Here, we'd like you to be very selective and ask how connecting your selected software with Wave would significantly improve your business flow, or reduce manual (error prone) work.

For this conversation, please refrain from solutions like Zapier or OneSaas. We have another thread going regarding the former.

Can't wait to hear your input 🙏

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

There's a separate conversation here where we discuss solutions like Zapier. If this applies to you, please feel free to jump in here as well.

• Options
    NerelOnlineNerelOnline Member Posts: 3

The top three suggestions from me are PayPal, PayPayl and PayPal. 😀

• Options
    MCBMCB Member Posts: 3

A button to send Reminders to all invoices outstanding

• Options
    TimKTimK Member Posts: 41 ✭✭

I just commented on two of them in other discussions.
    1. More flexibility on refunds. > than 60 days and most importantly, the ability to do a partial refund in an amount of my choosing. Refunding a full invoice that may have multiple line items is useless to me.
    2. The ability to schedule invoices outside of recurring invoices. They don't work for me because my payment amounts are different on every invoice, and I usually only need to send 2-3 invoices per customer so not really recurring.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @MCB and @TimK.

While these are excellent feature suggestions, and we're happy to hear them out, this is not what we are looking for in this discussion.

When we talk about integrations, we're talking about other apps outside of Wave which would be useful to connect with Wave in one way or another. If you use other tools for time-tracking or customer management, for example, we'd love to hear about them.

Do you use any other tool then Wave to run your business? How do you see them working in tandem with Wave in the future?

• Options
    terehinojosaterehinojosa Member Posts: 4

Airtable! I have them connected with zapier at the time.

• Options
    bernieledbernieled Member Posts: 11

GNUCash. I currently export transactions from Wave, format into a GNUCash import format and import. A more automatic way would be nice. Access to the transactions through a Wave API would help.

Why GNUCash? Because with the transactions in a GNUCash PostgresSQL database, I can analyse everything to my heart's content - and its all free.

• Options

More payment processor integrations (PayPal, Stripe, Square). If Wave payments aren't going to be more robust like these other services, it would be nice if they were more integrated.

• Options

Thanks, everyone! We really appreciate your input!

• Options
    WavergmailWavergmail Member Posts: 8

Acuity Scheduling. It uses stripe to process the fees and to send a paid statement. If this can be integrated in Wave that would be awesome. It integrates with other accounting solutions.

A quick edit/. addition as you ask why: I offer a service, which I believe wave bases itself around. Integrating a scheduling app which can take payments and/ or send invoices would be great. I am sure for a lot of us service providers would find this invaluable. I use it so I don't have the hassle of going back and forth with clients trying to book a slot- and they have the simplicity of picking and choosing their time - and everything is automated.

If I could use wave to automate and manage the finance payment side ...

edited August 6, 2018
  • Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@TimK what functionality are you looking for that is missing from Payments?

• Options

I think I mentioned it here and in other threads, but the ability to refund >60 days out is one. The ability to set future send dates for individual invoices is another (not using single recurring invoices which is currently the workaround). And more functionality in checkouts - things like the ability to set up a "blank checkout so that a customer can enter a payment amount and notes, the ability of the user to more easily setup checkouts like invoices - with multiple selectable items is another....just off the top of my head.

• Options
    BWI_BWI_ Member Posts: 14

integration with Woocommerce

• Options

Thank you for your feedback, @TimK! You'll be happy to hear that the timeline on refund initiated by the business owner was extended to 90 days.

Thank you for chipping in as well, @BWI_.

• Options
    weldnoteweldnote Member Posts: 4

For me: CRM (in my case it's Pipedrive).

• Options
    dpDesignzdpDesignz Member Posts: 25

Harvest Time Tracking! I do in my invoicing from in there and would love any easy way to import my invoices and payments into Wave Apps. I use Zapier currently but it's very messy.

• Options
    1Telco_master1Telco_master Member Posts: 1

Need to integrate waves different accounts in one account. you can say it MULTI BRANCH ACCOUNTING, Its usually need to business all over the world.
    Secondly in collaborates should be a detail right lists

• Options
    Andrew_SharpeAndrew_Sharpe Member Posts: 1

Partial payment options please! For some reason customers decide to pay different amounts to what’s on the invoice. To be able to resend the invoice with amount owing would be great!

• Options

Hi, @Andrew_Sharpe,

The invoice actually will be updated immediately. If your client opens this invoice again, they'll see the payment they've made as well as the remaining amount they owe you.

You can also resend that invoice as a reminder if you would like.

• Options
    CoffeeShopCoffeeShop Member Posts: 3

We are using Loyverse point of sale software and it would be very useful if this could be integrated with Wave. Thanks

• Options
    GreyAreaSecurityGreyAreaSecurity Member Posts: 4

Google Calendar feed would be cool. I do things like have a regular invoice per month for a client but I have to have it set to manual as the amount differs each time - would be good to see it coming up (the invoice being generated) in my usual calendar so I know to log in and update it. Sure there's other fun calendar stuff too!

• Options
    DigitalproductoDigitalproducto Member Posts: 4

It may have already been suggested but I would love more functionality with check out. I’m a real estate photography company and I would like the user to be able to choose the package is a one plus add on options. But I would also like them to be able to fill out information regarding the property I’m gonna take photos of. It doesn’t have to be done through Wave but if I had the option to send them back to my website to a form they can fill out or if they can fill out the form prior to purchase and it be seamless that would be great. On second thought if you could just give me a full functioning CRM in addition to your finance app I would be thrilled. 😂

• Options
    ManiMani Member Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

@Digitalproducto we'll be looking at better CRM integrations 1st via Zapier (Oct 2018), 2nd via direct integrations against our API (sometime in 2019).

As for Checkouts: thank you for the feedback. This thread isn't quite the right place to dig into it, but your input is useful. Note that it's tough to build a product that's both simple and super flexible. Item selection + add-ons + custom input fields are all features in some e-commerce solutions. We'll have to explore how we get there, and how far we go, while staying true to the ease of use our users have come to expect.

• Options

@Digitalproducto said:
    It may have already been suggested but I would love more functionality with check out. I’m a real estate photography company and I would like the user to be able to choose the package is a one plus add on options. But I would also like them to be able to fill out information regarding the property I’m gonna take photos of. It doesn’t have to be done through Wave but if I had the option to send them back to my website to a form they can fill out or if they can fill out the form prior to purchase and it be seamless that would be great. On second thought if you could just give me a full functioning CRM in addition to your finance app I would be thrilled. 😂

Since you mentioned WordPress in your other comment on this issue I will assume your site is based in WP? If so, I would recommend just using the WooCommerce plug in to create a storefront and accept payment using Stripe or Paypal. Obviously it isn't as "clean" for accounting purposes since you will have to go into Wave and categorize that income, etc. BUT, it will make your client's experience much better. In my opinion, better to have a clean and simple client experience with more back end work for the owner, than a clunky front end system that clients have to deal with.

If Wave would integrate their payments with WooCommerce, which is one of the top WordPress shopping plugins, that would make things really super.

• Options
    DigitalproductoDigitalproducto Member Posts: 4

I would say you probably don’t need a robust check out necessarily. I think the zapier could possibly send over that information from Woo and great an invoice? But I definitely love the ease of use so I wouldn’t want that sacrificed. Also it solve the problem by just integrating with woo commerce as a payment gateway.

• Options
    cntshepocntshepo Member Posts: 2

Hi
    Am a Business Developer and an Entrepreneur, i have partnership with business chambers to Incubation centers and also an intermediary for funding to small business. I would love to integrate wave to one of my websites and offer Accounting and Invoice services to my Clients in South Africa, as one would with a white label software at a fee. I stumbled upon Wave 2 days ago while searching for the solution and am loving it. Can that be possible. I HOPE!

• Options
    muditdrmuditdr Member Posts: 12
    An Enterprise Asset Management and Fleet Management Cloud Software would be nice. Also Google Calendar.
  • Options
    SkafteSkafte Member Posts: 34

1: Integration with iZettle :)
    2: Integration with Timely :)

• Options

Thank you, everyone, for adding to this discussion! Your input means the world to us!