Options

What are the integrations with Wave that are top on your wish list 🤔?

Comments

• Options
    Michael_Yang_CPA_CMAMichael_Yang_CPA_CMA Member Posts: 1

Additional dimensions to track expenses or revenues such as department or project.

• Options
    ThorianThorian Member Posts: 4

I would love a decent api which allows me to 1: sync customers 2: read values from bills into inventory stock

• Options
    TTechTTech Member Posts: 7

I think you're taking on the problem backward, you need to DEintegrate as much as possible all that's framework specific, My first tought was Multilangual interface: You isolate the Binaries from the Presentation layer and create Language packs. All payments solutions support JSON calls or some other form of API calling. Stick to that you won't create more problems than you solve. This is a WEB Platform, all should be API calls and keys without complicate your life IMHO

• Options
    kevinfreelskevinfreels Member Posts: 8

I know this is probably beyond the scope of what you want to do but I would love to have some sort of trigger on unpaid bills that I can send to a mikrotik router telling it to disconnect a customer if not paid in a certain number of days. There are actually other billing systems out there that do that but they charge by the number of customers you have. I would gladly pay for an upgrade to be able to do this.

• Options
    jared420jared420 Member Posts: 4

I would love to see Stripe, Square added maybe even wix shop. Currently using zappier which always makes me feel uneasy!

edited February 18, 2019
  • Options
    ManiMani Member Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

@jared420 I'd be curious to hear more about the way you'd like to see Stripe, Square, and Wix data show up in Wave. Tell us about what data, in what format, imported in to what parts of Wave. Your details would be much appreciated.

• Options
    TevilyneTevilyne Member Posts: 7

Ideally I'd love if Wave users were able to include a Pay Now button on invoices that linked to their preferred payment option. i.e that link can either allow for business owners to incorporate a URL link that took the customer to an integrated payment gateway on our own business website, or even better, if Wave allowed for seamless integration with Squareup so that I can invoice directly through Wave, get paid into Squareup and not have to create a Squareup invoice to send to the customer AND a Wave invoice to allocate the payments once the funds are pulled into my business bank account.

• Options

@Tevilyne thank you for the feedback, and I can appreciate your perspective on this. I'd like to be honest with you so you may make the best decisions for your business: our business model in North America is one of giving our software away for free to empower every entrepreneur to run a better business without worrying about the cost of having financial visibility and control. We then monetize through deeply embedded financial services that make your life simple and easy. That helps us run a sustainable business to serve you better. We give our payment processing at a competitive rate and feature set so that, if done well, you don't need Square or other payment gateways for your invoicing.

We appreciate that we may not be able to service everyone perfectly. Perhaps Square has features you need that we don't yet support. In 2019, we do hope to help you easily import data into our Accounting platform from more third party systems like Square. That will mean we'll have to compete to ensure you get more value from our invoicing and payments solutions so you don't exclusively use Square and we win your trust to also earn revenue from you.

It would be great to hear more about the things you love in Square that you'd like to see brought to Wave. Is it about a dongle or POS, or are there invoicing features you enjoy?

• Options
    TimKTimK Member Posts: 41 ✭✭

I have no doubt that is the plan for Wave, and I am ALL FOR having Wave as my sole payment provider. That being said, Wave has a long way to go to get there. If Wave intends to generate revenue from payment processing, it needs to be rolled out much faster than it has been. Invoicing is great, and very useful, but that's just one small piece of payment processing, plus it lacks some important features (payment plans, scheduled invoicing, etc). Checkouts is such a niche model that it really doesn't do much for many businesses. Wave really needs to roll out a true "checkouts" where guests can process a payment for whatever is in their "cart", or let a guest enter an amount and make a payment. Paypal has been doing it for years, stripe offers plugins that work with Wordpress. There are so many functional options available and Wave needs to get moving.

I'd love to get rid of stripe and paypal but until Wave matches their basic functions, I need to use them....even though it means more work for me on the backend.

Tim

@Mani said:
    @Tevilyne thank you for the feedback, and I can appreciate your perspective on this. I'd like to be honest with you so you may make the best decisions for your business: our business model in North America is one of giving our software away for free to empower every entrepreneur to run a better business without worrying about the cost of having financial visibility and control. We then monetize through deeply embedded financial services that make your life simple and easy. That helps us run a sustainable business to serve you better. We give our payment processing at a competitive rate and feature set so that, if done well, you don't need Square or other payment gateways for your invoicing.

We appreciate that we may not be able to service everyone perfectly. Perhaps Square has features you need that we don't yet support. In 2019, we do hope to help you easily import data into our Accounting platform from more third party systems like Square. That will mean we'll have to compete to ensure you get more value from our invoicing and payments solutions so you don't exclusively use Square and we win your trust to also earn revenue from you.

It would be great to hear more about the things you love in Square that you'd like to see brought to Wave. Is it about a dongle or POS, or are there invoicing features you enjoy?

• Options

@TimK thank you for that insight. We're not yet that broad as we focus on the invoicing sales cycle, and we must recognize that you can't make your business decisions off of the limitations of the tools available to you. That's why we engage with you to hear how we may best serve you, then put all of your feedback into our decision making processes. It takes time to develop that breadth in the world of payment processing, so thank you for showing us where your needs lie.

On a side note, we do support scheduled invoices with automatic payments, so please check out Recurring Invoices to see if it suits your needs.

• Options
    TevilyneTevilyne Member Posts: 7

Hi Mani, I very much appreciate and understand the free nature of Wave can create some limitations and thank you for your clarification. Squareup offers payment plan options, integrated website gateway, beautiful and simple POS products and there is no additional bank payment fee for rolling over funds from their receiving account into my business account. Furthermore when I was looking at Payments by Wave there seemed to be a lot of automation hiccups with income amounts being duplicated, the inability to seamlessly merge bank transactions with invoice payments, etc. I understand there was an update but have the problems been resolved? ideally, I would imagine when an invoice is paid through Payments by Wave, it will automatically register as paid and a separate expense entry is automatically created for the fees taken from the invoice payment to balance the books. Perhaps you can clarify the Payments by Wave process? I've been scouring the FAQ's page and community threads.

• Options
    ThorrrrThorrrr Member Posts: 4

TransferWise
    Transferwise borderless accounts

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Tevilyne Essentially what happens (when you accept a payment via Wave and have a bank connection) you will get two transactions in your account; 1) for the invoice payment itself -- this amount is associated with the Payments by Wave holding account, and 2) for the bank deposit for when the funds actually land in your bank account. Our software should be able to automatically detect that these two transactions are alike, and create the transfer from the Payments by Wave account into the bank account associated with the deposit. If this does not happen, you need to make sure that the bank deposit transaction is categorized as a 'transfer from payments by wave' -- this help centre article breaks it down perfectly; https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004964423-Bookkeeping-changes-to-Payments-by-Wave

@EricBlade Appreciate your feedback here! We love new ideas for integration partners and how it can benefit our user base. As for the API, we are looking at adding to it in the near future, and once we have public releases of this, we will be sure to let our users know.

• Options
    miguelgmiguelg Member Posts: 0

I would love to see a master search, a search feature that will search all areas of the system. If I type for instance a phone number it would be great to pull up customers, vendors and anything else that might have this string.
    On the results page summarize the results by the section/area and when clicking on the result make it to take you to the right place, for example:

Estimates
    We found 2 estimates with your keywords.

Number Customer Amount Actions
    1225 Test Customer $2,500 view, edit
    1020 John Doe $500 view, edit

Invoices
    We found 1 Invoice with your keywords.

1020 Mary Doe $2,300.00 view, edit

Customers
    We found 3 customers with your keywords.

Name Email Phone Actions
    Test Customer testcust@gmail.com (555) 555-0929 view, edit
    John Doe john.doe@gmail.com (555) 555-0828 view, edit
    Mary Doe mary.doe@gmail.com (555) 456-6727 view, edit
  • Options
    miguelgmiguelg Member Posts: 0

I would love to see a master search, a search feature that will search all areas of the system. If I type for instance a phone number it would be great to pull up customers, vendors and anything else that might have this string.
    On the results page summarize the results by the section/area and when clicking on the result make it to take you to the right place, for example:

Estimates
    We found 2 estimates with your keywords.

1225 Test Customer $2,500 view, edit
    1020 John Doe $500 view, edit

Invoices
    We found 1 Invoice with your keywords.

1020 Mary Doe $2,300.00 view, edit

Customers
    We found 3 customers with your keywords.

Name Email Phone Actions
    Test Customer testcust@gmail.com (555) 555-0929 view, edit
    John Doe john.doe@gmail.com (555) 555-0828 view, edit
    Mary Doe mary.doe@gmail.com (555) 456-6727 view, edit
  • Options
    silumesiisilumesii Member Posts: 1

Hello! Hope you are still taking input. Would really like to see integration with Flutterwave.

• Options
    JarmanJarman Member Posts: 13

Full woocommerce integration ( maybe a plugin) recording sales and fees, VAT and customer details etc
    Stripe native intergration recording all sales transactions and fees
    OCR scanning of bills ( invoices from suppliers etc) bulk import. Would be happy to pay extra for this see Zoho books

• Options
    JarmanJarman Member Posts: 13

Also would be happy to pay for a woocommerce plugin

• Options
    mhermsenmhermsen Member Posts: 10

Zoho, Braintree, and Woocommerce.

• Options
    jbiblajbibla Member Posts: 2

Transferwise +1

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Thanks for all the suggestions here guys! As Jamie mentioned above, we are hoping to expand on our integrations partners and love to hear what you are hoping for that to look like! :smile:

• Options
    ckrzenckrzen Member Posts: 7

We need a "Time Card with GPS" app:

1. A simple time card app for iOS, Android and even the web interface on a computer browser.

2. Time IN/OUT, breaks, etc. and a place to make notes to a supervisor to explain oddities or one-offs, etc.

3. GPS tracking for out-and-about employees or otherwise traveling on company time, etc..

Quickbooks has this with their "TSheets" app: https://www.tsheets.com/pages/app-twopart?utm_campaign=QBT_US_GGL_NonBrand_Mobile-Time-Tracking_All_Search_All_Legacy

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @ckrzen . Thanks for your feedback on this. The specific features being requested are definitely a great way for us to have a better idea on how this would improve your business' workflow. Thanks again!

• Options
    whataboutchriswhataboutchris Member Posts: 1

WooCommerce

• Options
    scrollerlbscrollerlb Member Posts: 2

Transferwise for sure

• Options
    HappyWifiHappyLifeHappyWifiHappyLife Member Posts: 2

Transferwise international bank accounts, 100%.
    Xero has an integration.
    Transferwise is THE go-to bank for digital nomads, but it's complicated to manage manually.

• Options
    HappyWifiHappyLifeHappyWifiHappyLife Member Posts: 2

+1 transferwise borderless accounts